Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not yet, we don't. He hasn't been confirmed by the Electoral College yet. Hang onto your seat for another couple of weeks, and we'll see what happens.
Are you really holding onto that hope?
How will you handle it once he is President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 09:40 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She did once the Bern and Elizabeth Warren prodded her into it. She talked about changing the tax code so office support wouldn't end up paying more income tax than she and the President did, and she talked about making college more affordable, among other things. She did finally start talking about jobs, but it was too little too late.

But she spent too much time bashing Trump instead of outlining her plans. Apparently in her local appearances she did get into details of what she would do and how she would do it, but none of that got broadcast on national news.
Hillary sounds like an amazing candidate. Pity I didn't see that amazing candidate you describe. Ah, well, my chance to vote for such a truly qualified person like her, whose turn it was, is sadly, gone.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 PM

191 posts, read 344,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
San Francisco gets about 10% of its budget from federal funds, Los Angeles 2%. Losing that would hurt, but don't exaggerate either.

If California goes into recession, the rest of the country will likely follow. Especially since other economic powers like NYC, Chicago, and DC are also standing up to Trump. Trump is a world class imbecile, but even he's not dumb enough to nuke the economy to prove a point. I think.

Don't kid yourself. California total budget for FY 15 was over 252 billion and of that more than 93 billion came from the federal government. I wasn't that good at math but, from what my calculator tells me, I think California is heading for bankruptcy.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyer99 View Post
Don't kid yourself. California total budget for FY 15 was over 252 billion and of that more than 93 billion came from the federal government. I wasn't that good at math but, from what my calculator tells me, I think California is heading for bankruptcy.
If CA does go bankrupt at least the politicians will go down fighting for a noble cause , protecting illegal immigrant criminals over the people that voted them in and the people that pay their salaries and benefits .
Do they have a conscience?

Old 12-08-2016, 02:54 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Are you really holding onto that hope?
How will you handle it once he is President?
I didn't give it much credence until Republican Electors started speaking out to the media and publishing opinions in the paper. Suddenly, it's not looking so good for Trumpty-Dumpty. They're suggesting Kasich, instead.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:55 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Hillary sounds like an amazing candidate. Pity I didn't see that amazing candidate you describe. Ah, well, my chance to vote for such a truly qualified person like her, whose turn it was, is sadly, gone.
Seriously? "Amazing candidate"? BWAhahahaha! You completely misunderstood my post. Aww, so sad!

Old 12-08-2016, 07:22 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Prayers

Old 12-08-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
You never know ..

Maybe she will succeed in rigging it this time . Perhaps she will raise $1 billion instead of $500 million to win this time.

Hillary Clinton rumored to be considering another go at the White House in 2020 – TheBlaze

Old 12-08-2016, 07:34 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You never know ..

Maybe she will succeed in rigging it this time . Perhaps she will raise $1 billion instead of $500 million to win this time.

Hillary Clinton rumored to be considering another go at the White House in 2020 – TheBlaze
At the rate she's going she'll be in a wheel chair or iron lung.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:19 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Back to the thread title, when was the last time you heard of ICE going to a high school and taking a immigrant downtown?
And you would sure hear about it, The LA Times would be all over it with violins playing in the background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California