Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 12:11 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
He didn't but when you're a twisted, wholly partisan wanabe-activist you'll believe anything your handlers feed you.

Trump is going to deport these criminals to their countries of origin. He will be setting them FREE.

It's not hard to see how Trump lured so many voters into his web of stupidity. They were ripe for the taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You mean like the guy who called Trump Putin's puppet and now two sources have said the leaks of documents came from US intelligent agents who were Dems and did not want Hillary. Watch that whole thing go away.
That's putting it mildly. "Treasonous scumbag" is more apropos:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...android-att-us

Let me get this straight - - Russia all but commits an act of war by meddling with our election process ... and Trump wants to reward them by lifting sanctions. He wants to needlessly hurt CA's economy while propping up Putin's. And phony patriot Trump supporters lap it up like the zero-conviction lemmings that they are.

Party over country: the GOP way.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 12-15-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 02:44 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Trump isn't doing anything, yet. He has to get into the White House, first. We'll see if he makes it.

So, is anyone writing to their CA legislators about this? Does anyone in CA bother communicating with their state representatives on state issues?

All the time all they do is ignore you and add you to some stupid mailing list.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I thought conservatives championed state rights? Now they want Putin's puppet running our state? I don't think so.

The more California fights the Trump farce, the greater it becomes. 30 states got stuck on stupid this election, and the rest of the world is undoubtedly disturbed that such a feeble minded human being won the presidency. It's up to states like California to show them that sanity still exists in this country.
Do you WANT illegals to continue invading your state??? Do you think they have a right to live there, although illegal crossing has ALWAYS been a US crime??? Do you really believe they are entitled to all the privileges they get, including unpaid healthcare, which has contributed its fair share to the costs bursting at the seams??? (And don't tell me it isn't true - I know better.)

Old 12-17-2016, 12:44 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Party over country, common sense, fiscal responsibility and reality: the wholly partisan, liberal democrat way?

The country has spoken. Get over it. Yours and others' whining and demonstrating does nothing more nor less than make a mockery of our Constitution. Could that be tantamount to treason? Likely not but it does seem disturbingly Un-American.

Back to the matter at hand, I find the Legislature's push to make California even more of a sanctuary state wholly irresponsible in a state with a failing infrastructure. It has other more pressing needs than increased coddling of those with absolutely no regard for our borders and sovereignty and our rule of laws as a country.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Trump is going to deport these criminals to their countries of origin. He will be setting them FREE.

It's not hard to see how Trump lured so many voters into his web of stupidity. They were ripe for the taking.

That's putting it mildly. "Treasonous scumbag" is more apropos:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...android-att-us

Let me get this straight - - Russia all but commits an act of war by meddling with our election process ... and Trump wants to reward them by lifting sanctions. He wants to needlessly hurt CA's economy while propping up Putin's. And phony patriot Trump supporters lap it up like the zero-conviction lemmings that they are.

So exposing Hillary's lies and deceit as well as the DNC is an act of war???

It is pretty well established they were not able to hack the RNC and apparently due to better protection, of which Hillary's emails had none and the DNC very little. Next, they did not interfere in the election process, as they can't. The voters reacted to what was known about the DNC and Hillary, which was ..... true and very bad. Why are you not complaining about the garbage pulled by the DNC and Hillary?

Note this election exposed the crookedness of both parties. I support neither candidate nor either party. I just look at what is and watch the cry babies vent their frustration at losing. Same thing, though on a far smaller scale, happened when Obama was elected. Cry babies exist in both parties.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:06 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
Do you WANT illegals to continue invading your state??? Do you think they have a right to live there, although illegal crossing has ALWAYS been a US crime??? Do you really believe they are entitled to all the privileges they get, including unpaid healthcare, which has contributed its fair share to the costs bursting at the seams??? (And don't tell me it isn't true - I know better.)
I support a path to citizenship. Give them legal status, and they immediately become taxpayers. By the way, one-half of undocumented workers pay federal income taxes, which means they are paying more federal income taxes than POS Donald Trump.

Quote:
Party over country, common sense, fiscal responsibility and reality: the wholly partisan, liberal democrat way?
Are you implying that conservatives are fiscally responsible? After Reagan tripled the debt and GWB doubled it? Don't make me laugh.

Have you been Trump's fiscal proposals? He wants to increase spending and slash taxes. Take a wild guess what that will do with the debt.

Reality? Your main news source peddles a false reality on a daily basis. Conservatives who live in an alternative reality, unencumbered by facts.

Quote:
The country has spoken. Get over it.
3 million more people voted for HRC. If this were a country where the phrase "all votes are equal" actually mattered, she would be president.

Quote:
Yours and others' whining and demonstrating does nothing more nor less than make a mockery of our Constitution. Could that be tantamount to treason? Likely not but it does seem disturbingly Un-American.
Protests are as American as apple pie. If you don't like them, give Russia or North Korea a try.

As for "disturbingly Un-American", conservatives have a higher opinion of Vladimir Putin than they do Obama. Much higher. They prefer an oligarch who just meddled with our national election over our outgoing president.

Any attempts by the GOP to paint themselves as the patriotic party should be met with laughter from this point forward.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 12-17-2016 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-17-2016, 02:43 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Quote:
I support a path to citizenship. Give them legal status, and they immediately become taxpayers. By the way, one-half of undocumented workers pay federal income taxes, which means they are paying more federal income taxes than POS Donald Trump.
There IS a path to citizenship and it does not involve illegally crossing borders!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:

Are you implying that conservatives are fiscally responsible? After Reagan tripled the debt and GWB doubled it? Don't make me laugh. Show me where I said that.

Have you been Trump's fiscal proposals? He wants to increase spending and slash taxes. Take a wild guess what that will do with the debt. Did I say I was a Trump proponent?

Reality? Your main news source peddles a false reality on a daily basis. Conservatives who live in an alternative reality, unencumbered by facts. You have no idea what my news sources are. Probably unlike yours they are varied and on both sides of the spectrum so I get something likely foreign to you. It's called a balanced perspective.

3 million more people voted for HRC. If this were a country where the phrase "all votes are equal" actually mattered, she would be president. Read up on the reason(s) for the Electoral College.

Protests are as American as apple pie. If you don't like them, give Russia or North Korea a try. Whining isn't! As for moving to either of those, was in the military in the 1960s and 70s and spent 22 months on and near the DMZ/border to North Korea. And you?

As for "disturbingly Un-American", conservatives have a higher opinion of Vladimir Putin than they do Obama. Much higher. They prefer an oligarch who just meddled with our national election over our outgoing president. You've asked a lot of them, have you? Before you come out to play with the big boys and adults some growth and maturity might help.

Any attempts by the GOP to paint themselves as the patriotic party should be met with laughter from this point forward. Since I think for myself and therefore belong to no political party that's irrelevant to me.
Rabid partisanship is not a sign of critical thinking ability. G'Day!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:37 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Rabid partisanship is not a sign of critical thinking ability. G'Day!
Boy do you have that right.

Rapid partisanship shows a lack of thinking or knowledge of anything important.

Yes Reagan and Bush raised taxes, But they were pushed by Dem majorities who passed the tax increases.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:47 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
There IS a path to citizenship and it does not involve illegally crossing borders!
What is the message to those who go through the process to immigrate here legally......your a chump ?
Just come here anyway you can and find find sanctuary city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California