Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:46 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,313,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think the "safe and sane" has about as many definitions as "common sense".
Right on It appears not many city data commenters have common sense these days. Its like beating a dead horse. I am surprised Not many city data defend common sense anymore let alone individual rights and freedom and are pro nanny state. And still believe they can legislate their way to a utopian world and never take a look at reality. Why don't those guys just admit it the world is much better without Fourth of July holiday? No Fourth of July would naturally mean no fireworks.

i lived in Safe and sane cities in similarly dense neighborhoods which were amazingly quiet of any fireworks noise and those cities that bans all yet their neighborhoods are like a war zone throughout the month of July. The black market ones are unenforceable, the people who set them off are long finished with it before the fire marshal arrives. Fire marshals can only enforce it if they actually witness someone setting off the fireworks. Believe it or not helicopters constantly capture these side shows up in the sky from every corner of the city every few seconds but it's an impossible task to pinpoint the perpetrators.

The reason I mentioned the "i" word is to get the attention of logics as these groups particularly lefties who like to ban everything often get up in their arms to defend that "protected" group. Though "banning" is not the solution in either case. You Know what These people are driving anyways whether or not they are properly licensed. Though isn't it better to allow them to learn the rules of the road while they are at it safer than having them driving with long expired foreign licenses, ineligible for liability insurance, and little knowledge of English rules of the road signs.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 07-18-2017 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
I didn't finish reading the entire thread but in case the OP or anyone is interested next year you can buy fireworks legally at roadside stands in Suisun City.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:22 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I didn't finish reading the entire thread but in case the OP or anyone is interested next year you can buy fireworks legally at roadside stands in Suisun City.
the good ones?

Old 08-09-2017, 02:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Fireworks of all kinds are illegal almost everywhere in the Bay Area, but a few cities — San Bruno, Pacifica, Newark, Union City, Dublin, Sebastopol, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and Cloverdale, allow them.

I would much rather live in the cities not named, i.e. the cities that forbid private fireworks of any kind.
I'm surprised some of the poorer cities in the Bay Area like Richmond, EPA, San Pablo, Bay Point, Vallejo, etc. don't sell fireworks. They do need the money.

Guessing that Oakland doesn't allow fireworks sales because of the affluent white folk in the hills and Rockridge.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,313,475 times
Richmond only banned fireworks a few years ago after learning that they needed to pass a ban as they have their own fire protection and independent of Contra Costa Fire district which most cities in the county source their fire protection to.

Nanny staters always think more regulation would magically grow a utopian society a concept that couldn't be farther from the truth. Just as with a gun free zone. While I personally don't support people having guns I see that calling a zone gun free where so many guns in circulation are so easily hidden won't do much good except punish those who mistakenly take a legal gun into it but it won't stop a shooter.

fyi Those afflilant folks end up enjoying the fireworks shows both official and the bootleg fireworks side shows from the ghettos. If more of those folks used legal fireworks instead they would see far less fireworks show from their houses as those don't fire high up in the air.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:08 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
Some inconsiderate idiots just had a firework that lasted until 1AM. I called the police, but catching these morons is not easy. The cops have to witness the act in person in order to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California