Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 05:49 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,172,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejerryronnie View Post
Shoot, for $60K I can live on any park bench in San Francisco I want to!

I'd like to rent out the space underneath the park bench, how much would you charge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 07:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Look into the visalia area as well. Similar weather to chico, nice community, and you can do day trips to LA/central coast beaches.. Worst part about the Sacramento foothills is the distance.to good beaches.

Visalia is a really nice town; however, that photo is deceptive as to how close the mountains are. It must have been enhanced someway. Here's a more realistic photo:

Old 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Visalia is a really nice town; however, that photo is deceptive as to how close the mountains are. It must have been enhanced someway. Here's a more realistic photo:

Here's an even more realistic photo:

Old 05-30-2018, 08:09 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Or maybe even:

Old 05-30-2018, 08:10 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Tuscon or Albuquerque would be my first choices, but I wouldn't turn down Fresno as a third choice.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:35 PM

8,217 posts, read 16,708,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Here's an even more realistic photo:
C'mon Count! lol

The funny part is this reminds of the LA photos professional photogs would take with really long zoom lenses at certain times a year when its actually clear after a rain or something. The long lens gives the appearance of closer proximity. Normally the smog would block all or most views of the mountains with a brown tinge covering the rest. It makes it look like living in Denver or somewhere else. haha

-- DAVID MCNEW/GETTY IMAGES

Derek

Old 05-31-2018, 08:42 PM

262 posts, read 202,547 times
I have been to Fresno once .I was there for a two hour layover on a Greyhound from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I purposefully took a little longer trip because I wanted to add a little sightseeing to my trip.

I walked around downtown and thought about getting something to eat at a couple of places but ended up just getting a hotdog at the 7-Eleven across the street from the Greyhound station. Upon coming out I was asked for some money by a baldheaded dude standing outside of the 7-Eleven. When I told him I didn’t have any cash on me he told me that he appreciated the fact that I even spoke to him. I felt terrible for him, offered to buy him something to eat, and went on my way.

That was one of three positive interactions that I got to have in Fresno for only a two hour stay and walking around the downtown area. I don’t know if I would want to live there, but I am sure that I would like to visit again.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
I have been to Fresno once .I was there for a two hour layover on a Greyhound from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I purposefully took a little longer trip because I wanted to add a little sightseeing to my trip.

I walked around downtown and thought about getting something to eat at a couple of places but ended up just getting a hotdog at the 7-Eleven across the street from the Greyhound station. Upon coming out I was asked for some money by a baldheaded dude standing outside of the 7-Eleven. When I told him I didn’t have any cash on me he told me that he appreciated the fact that I even spoke to him. I felt terrible for him, offered to buy him something to eat, and went on my way.

That was one of three positive interactions that I got to have in Fresno for only a two hour stay and walking around the downtown area. I don’t know if I would want to live there, but I am sure that I would like to visit again.
Its really not a bad place to visit especially in the spring when all the trees are in bloom! I shot these in March.

Derek

Old 06-02-2018, 03:07 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,890 times
Looks like you took the blossom trail Derek. It is pretty there. I love the hills east of Fresno. They're nice any time of the year, but spring is especially scenic. I really like the Shaver Lake area. The thing you have to worry about living in the foothills or mountains is FIRE.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Looks like you took the blossom trail Derek. It is pretty there. I love the hills east of Fresno. They're nice any time of the year, but spring is especially scenic. I really like the Shaver Lake area. The thing you have to worry about living in the foothills or mountains is FIRE.
Yep, the Blossom Trail is beautiful in early Spring. It was refreshing after moving back to CA from CO where lawns were still brown and snowfall common into March and April. Spring arrives much later in high elevation places like CO colliding with summer months. So the locals and especially transplants start getting restless waiting for lakes to thaw, mountain trails to open back up, waterfalls to flow again and wildflowers to bloom after looong winter seasons.

One more from the Fresno foothills in early March.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California