Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 10:17 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Excuse me ... but did I say anything anywhere anytime supportive of Gavin Nuisance? I completely agree that how you treat those close to you counts for something. I believe how you treat everyone counts for a lot. And Newsom is a creep. So is Cox. You don’t care about morality? You’re a Chump supporter, right?

So how to chose one over the other? Since personally they cancel each other out, look to what agenda they will likely support.
You don't seem to support anybody or anything. You just seem to like to argue and put others down. I doubt you even vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 06:04 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
You don't seem to support anybody or anything. You just seem to like to argue and put others down. I doubt you even vote.
Heh. You are partially on to something. And partially waaaaay out in “right” field.

When I returned from my first tour of duty in Vietnam - I was too young to vote ... or even drink a beer. But, of course, not too young to die or kill others in service. Kinda cranked me off for many years and I didn’t vote when I came of age. Funny, I sure drank more than my share in defiance though, lol.

Well, I got over the drinking after a few years ... and got on with the voting. So, no, you are mistaken..

But when I vote - I think about each candidate and issue individually ... not by ideological campaign slogans.

And the more a person actually thinks things through - the harder it is to show excitment and enthusiasm about the kinds of people that comprise the majority of politicians. ... For reasons that I can go on about all day, night, week, month, year, decade, century and millenia.

I’ll spare you.

I’ll spare you the lesson because: you are a True Believer in the classic Eric Hoffer tradition. You wouldn’t like what I point out about the psychology behind leadership or following. Nor would you like to actually learn about anthropology. Because truly grasping these things would shake your addiction to your ideologies. And addictions are near impossible to rid one’s self of.

Have a good day John. And yes, I actually mean that sincerely ... regardless of your political allegiances

Old 10-28-2018, 12:41 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
When I returned from my first tour of duty in Vietnam - I was too young to vote ... or even drink a beer. But, of course, not too young to die or kill others in service.
Wow, Mutt...it's amazing to think that the voting age was still 21 then. It's horrible that we were shipping kids off to Vietnam who were too young to have a voice in that--or any--war.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Wow, Mutt...it's amazing to think that the voting age was still 21 then. It's horrible that we were shipping kids off to Vietnam who were too young to have a voice in that--or any--war.
Yeah.

But how about that no beer, either! ... at that age, I’m not sure which offended me more

Old 10-28-2018, 02:16 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Yes, he absolutely did, so I have to disagree with you, and question whether or not you actually watched any of the debates or saw any of his interviews.

He made it absolutely clear that he would back Trump. No question whatsoever.
Back Trump on what specifically, as it applies to California? If he said this so many times during the debates you should be able to tell me what Trump plans he will enact from the governor's mansion.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
What doesn’t make sense is you - or anybody else - believing what any of these knucklehead politicians say when they are campaigning. Why do you argue their words have meaning? ... can be trusted?
So what is your argument? Don't vote for anybody in any election...ever?

Old 10-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Excuse me ... but did I say anything anywhere anytime supportive of Gavin Nuisance? I completely agree that how you treat those close to you counts for something. I believe how you treat everyone counts for a lot. And Newsom is a creep. So is Cox. You don’t care about morality? You’re a Chump supporter, right?

So how to chose one over the other? Since personally they cancel each other out, look to what agenda they will likely support.
I didn't say I don't care about morality--I said I don't base my vote on personal issues. Policy is more important. What leaves a sour taste in my mouth about Newsom's affair is that the man he cuckholded was his employee, his campaign manager. And even though the affair was consensual the woman was a subordinate. If she wanted out that could've jeopardized her job.

I support the issues Trump campaigned on. That doesn't mean I want to be his best friend or think he's flawless.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
So what is your argument? Don't vote for anybody in any election...ever?
Watch their hands ... not their mouths. Same with magicians and carnival hucksters. When you get their game, put rational analysis to figuring the odds for destruction / advantage ... vote your thinking bet.

But to put ANY confidence in what ANY of these hustlers say is just bizarre given the 10,000 years of historical track records available for study since we stepped out of the caves to create villages.

You bet I vote.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I didn't say I don't care about morality--I said I don't base my vote on personal issues. Policy is more important. What leaves a sour taste in my mouth about Newsom's affair is that the man he cuckholded was his employee, his campaign manager. And even though the affair was consensual the woman was a subordinate. If she wanted out that could've jeopardized her job.

I support the issues Trump campaigned on. That doesn't mean I want to be his best friend or think he's flawless.
Read my previous post one above.

So, if a lunatic such as, say, Pol Pot, with a track record of cruelty and genocide, gives a rousing speech full of promises that favor issues you value ... you’d overlook his lack of morality? Of course you wouldn’t. Of course morality counts in voting decisions.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 10-28-2018 at 03:34 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 03:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:

True .

Similar to Bill Clinton . Monica was an intern , the bottom of the totem pole in terms of power .
She recently said what Bill Clinton did was an abuse of power but the MSM didn’t really cover the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California