Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 05:18 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What are you worried Cox will do ? Do you think the sanctuary state stuff is good ?
Cox hasn’t even spoken much about immigration though and is more focused on the gas tax , housing , homeless situation, water etc

Antonio was a pretty bad mayor in L.A .. but never thought I’d miss him .. our current Mayor is much worse

Tony V at least was busy with his affairs to do much damage .
Cox made it clear that he will be a Trump lackey. There are few people who love Trump on a basic level. We don't need any more politicians who just do what Trump wants, without a mind of their own. And Cox has made it clear that he will simply follow Trump's will.

I can't imagine any Republican, even, who is okay with that, who isn't a radical weirdo.

I can vote Republican when I think they make rational arguments. Telling me that you (meaning Cox) will simply follow Trump's lead - is a definite no from my point of view, as well as many decent Republicans.

I don't believe for an instant that all Republicans are pro-Trump. I think Cox made a big mistake doing this - but, he did. You can't get around that.

So, why on earth would I, a moderate Democrat, vote for someone who says he will simply do whatever Trump wants, when I have zero respect for this awful man?

It also shows how out of touch he is with even the Republicans in our state.

So, do you want a Trump lackey in the governor's seat? If so, vote for Cox.

If not, vote for Gruesome, and bide your time for someone even better than Gruesome, when lazy Gruesome will probably try to run for president, God help us.

But, for now, we need to look at which is the lesser of two evils. For me, I don't want a Trump lackey in charge of CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 06:00 PM

872 posts, read 596,357 times
But newsom is a Brown whacky !

Old 10-21-2018, 06:02 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
Dear homeowners,

The liberals will be mounting an assault on Prop 13. If they have the majority in government, Prop 13 will be gone. Vote for candidates who won't destroy this landmark Prop that has helped so many homeowners by keeping property taxes at a reasonable rate. I vote for Cox because I believe he won't help destroy Prop 13.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...198755304.html

Quote:
It has been a liberal dream for decades to undo parts or all of Proposition 13, the seminal California initiative limiting the property tax rate.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Dear homeowners,

The liberals will be mounting an assault on Prop 13. If they have the majority in government, Prop 13 will be gone. Vote for candidates who won't destroy this landmark Prop that has helped so many homeowners by keeping property taxes at a reasonable rates. I vote for Cox because I believe he won't help destroy Prop 13.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...198755304.html
I'm a Democrat and I also don't know any other democrats who want to repeal Prop 13, so this is malarkey.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
But newsom is a Brown whacky !
I don't like him. But, he's better than a Trump lackey. I would have enthusiastically voted for Antonio. Bummer he didn't get on the ballot.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:25 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I don't like him. But, he's better than a Trump lackey. I would have enthusiastically voted for Antonio. Bummer he didn't get on the ballot.
Antonio is just another left wing lunatic.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Liberal groups have already pushed to get rid of Prop 13 for commercial property . Guess what that is going to do . If businesses have to pay huge increases in taxes it’s going to result in higher prices for consumers . It will hurt the poor and middle class and seniors on fixed incomes ... of course they would mention this . It’s all about getting their hands on that money from “greedy landlords and businesses “ .

More info below
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/...u-should-know/

Old 10-22-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Antonio is just another left wing lunatic.
He awful as Mayor of L.A , but sadly Better than our current one because he was just lazy and busy having affairs . Current one is full blown SJW snowfake activist .

Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I'm a Democrat and I also don't know any other democrats who want to repeal Prop 13, so this is malarkey.
Please read the link I posted above . They’ll start with repealing it for commercial property then next will be residential . Repealing for commercial property will put small business owners that own their property out of business or result in a big increase in prices for consumers . Both bad things .

The far left , and make no mistake it’s the far left that is in power in California has never seen a tax increase they don’t like .

Old 10-22-2018, 04:39 AM

More info on this site and they detail the bills being proposed by Dems in CA .
It’s clear who is for more taxes. If you want more taxes on everything in a tax that already has very high taxes , it’s clear who to vote for .

——
MAJOR THREATS TO PROP. 13 AND HOMEOWNERS

Bills That Threaten Homeowners and Small Businesses Are Currently Moving Through the Legislature!
The new Legislature is dominated by pro-tax politicians who have a two-thirds supermajority in Sacramento. Bills that undermine the taxpayer protections in Proposition 13 have been introduced and are being heard in committees. If approved, these bills could cost every property owner thousands of dollars annually.

https://www.hjta.org/legislation/maj...nd-homeowners/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California