Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 11:46 AM

363 posts, read 557,603 times

Advertisements

We are quite possibly the Bluest state in the country and that’s not changing. Hell in areas like Willows, Paradise and Oroville look on track to voting in Democrat Audrey Dennis.

If Conservatives in our state don’t like it they can move to Texas but they won’t because Red States are ****holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 11:47 AM

363 posts, read 557,603 times
Newsom has this in the bag Kavanaugh and Trump have ensured that Newsom will win

Old 10-08-2018, 12:20 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
Newsom has this in the bag Kavanaugh and Trump have ensured that Newsom will win
In your dreams.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:24 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Cox and Newsom are debating now (10:00 AM) - you can listen on KQED's website.
Not a very enlightening debate. Though, after the debate they were in the midst of having call-in questions from the public which was pretty interesting until the feed died. A message that they lost the connection out of Pasadena and were trying to re-establish the connection. After several minutes, it doesn't look like it will be coming back which is unfortunate as there was a caller on the line with a great question that we'll probably never get the answer to.

How disappointing that the governor's race in this state is so unimportant that the one and only debate is broadcast on a radio station on a Monday morning when many Californians are at work. There may have been more tuning in had it been televised locally in the evening. So as it stands all the questions from those people waiting on the phone aren't going to be given the chance to have their voice heard.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
I love you.

Lucky me.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm sure this is why Newsom refused to do the CNN debate when Cox insisted they stick only to California politics. Newsom's plan is to repeat Trump's name like a mantra and force Cox to defend Trump's federal policies, though Cox has nothing to do with them. Cox didn't vote for Trump and I don't believe they've ever met in person; in fact many hardcore conservatives accuse Cox of being a RINO. But none of this stopped Newsom from flat-out lying on Twitter and calling Cox Trump's "protege" after the primary results.
I think the proper response to that is "Gavin Newsome will screw over Californians like he screwed his best friend's wife!"

Old 10-08-2018, 03:15 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think the proper response to that is "Gavin Newsome will screw over Californians like he screwed his best friend's wife!"
That would be a great campaign slogan for Cox.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:10 PM

914 posts, read 642,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Not a very enlightening debate. Though, after the debate they were in the midst of having call-in questions from the public which was pretty interesting until the feed died. A message that they lost the connection out of Pasadena and were trying to re-establish the connection. After several minutes, it doesn't look like it will be coming back which is unfortunate as there was a caller on the line with a great question that we'll probably never get the answer to.

How disappointing that the governor's race in this state is so unimportant that the one and only debate is broadcast on a radio station on a Monday morning when many Californians are at work. There may have been more tuning in had it been televised locally in the evening. So as it stands all the questions from those people waiting on the phone aren't going to be given the chance to have their voice heard.
I wonder what the question of the caller was. Further, I had no idea about the debate. Was it planned or announced?

sounds like the connection was lost at just the right moment. so typical.

I'm hoping to find it and if I do, will post the link.

thanks for the information!

Old 10-08-2018, 07:21 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I wonder what the question of the caller was. Further, I had no idea about the debate. Was it planned or announced?

sounds like the connection was lost at just the right moment. so typical.

I'm hoping to find it and if I do, will post the link.

thanks for the information!
It was planned but I didn't hear about it until I read about here on CD. After twins4lynn posted that it would be on the KQED website, I just went to that site and found the "listen live" tab. By the time I tuned in, I had missed about 20 minutes of it.

Cliffs notes .... Gavin supported Jerry's plans and is dedicated to continue on with the same. Cox wants to do away with sanctuary cities, maintain same gun laws as we have already. There could have been more they talked about but, like I say, I missed it.

Afterwards, though. It was getting pretty interesting. A couple of callers asked about guns and environment but the caller who was cut off was asking about how to deal with increasing taxes and fees on services and products in the state because he was finding it harder to put food on the table. The feed began skipping and then everything went dead. Someone came on and said they lost the connection and would try to get it back but never did.

As far as I can see it was a waste of an hour air time. Nothing new and no important questions answered. So, I guess that's that. Vote your conscience. smh

Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I heard Cox a couple of times in the past months when he appeared with John and Ken on KFI-AM 640. I decided then and there I'd vote for him regardless what his chances were of winning. He is a business man with common sense, the same reason I voted for Trump. I always vote for the best candidate, never party loyal. When Mayor Yoga Pants aka Gridlock Garcetti ran for re-election, I voted for a Dem business man, Mitchell Schwartz, running against him because again, he had common sense. I'm sick of political hacks.

John and Ken played clips of the Newsom Cox debate today. We have a housing crisis. What surprised me was Cox saying Dem governors in other states manage to get plenty of apartments built at a fraction of the cost in CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California