Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 07:31 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Democratic Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom enters the final weeks of California’s 2018 governor’s race with a solid lead over Republican businessman John Cox, according to a new USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll.

Poll shows Newsom with a commanding lead over Cox in final weeks before Californians select their next governor - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 11:04 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
I saw De Leon on a news show last Sunday. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth! If both Newsome and De Leon win I'm running screaming out of this state. Not that the libs will mind.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yup everything is fine here in CA .. despite massive poverty .. the highest in the nation price adjusted . A massive homeless problem worst in the State , unfunded pensions , etc etc
Hey if it ain’t broke don’t fix it right ?
Here's a challenge for you, find something..anything in writing describing how Cox (aka homosexuality is bestiality) is going to fix ANY of those problems. He's good at defining the problems but doesn't seem to have any solutions.

Oh wait I found one of his "solutions" here you go:

Quote:
Businessman John Cox of Rancho Santa Fe, a Republican running for California governor, says that marijuana users should be hospitalized. He said that California should implement a system akin to the one in Portugal, where people who are found with small amounts of drugs can receive mandatory medical treatment but aren’t charged with a crime. “I’m suggesting that people who are addicted to substances, substance abuse, should get treated, they should not be incarcerated,” he said Monday in an interview with editors and reporters at The San Diego Union-Tribune. He said that marijuana users should be put into a treatment facility because they might later begin using harder drugs.

Cox reaffirmed a statement he made at a March forum with gubernatorial candidates. There, he said, “I’d like to go to the Portugal system where they actually put people who use marijuana in hospitals and cure them of their substance abuse.”

Portugal’s system is slightly different than Cox described. All drugs there, including cocaine and heroin, were decriminalized, but drug dealers can still be charged.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...-hospitalized/
So he wants to adopt the Portugal system of institutionalizing marijuana users but oops, actually Portugal doesn't do that

Old 10-18-2018, 03:19 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Default John Cox tours L.A.'s skid row, likening it to a 'third-world country'

Legit.

Quote:
After months of criticizing his opponent for his record on homelessness as mayor of San Francisco, Republican John Cox took his campaign for governor to Los Angeles’ skid row on Tuesday, where he promised to provide more housing and services for Californians in need.

As he toured the downtown neighborhood, home to a large homeless population, Cox likened the area to a "third-world country.”

“It is absolutely not compassionate to let people live on this street,” Cox told reporters. “This is 21st century California. This is not Bangladesh.”
John Cox tours L.A.'s skid row, likening it to a 'third-world country'

Cox is far from our Charlemagne Incarnate, Savior of Western Civilization, and Exalted Liege, Donald J. Trump, but he's a better choice than Newsom who wants to further CA's failing policies.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:13 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
I give props to Kaskari, who actually lived homeless for a time to see that reality from the first person perspective.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:07 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Legit.

John Cox tours L.A.'s skid row, likening it to a 'third-world country'

Cox is far from our Charlemagne Incarnate, Savior of Western Civilization, and Exalted Liege, Donald J. Trump, but he's a better choice than Newsom who wants to further CA's failing policies.
I held my nose and voted fo Newsome. I liked a lot of what Cox had to say but at the end of the day I didn’t trust him. He said a lot that made sense on his website and YouTube videos. But...at the end of the day I think he would run around foaming at the mouth about Mexicans and gays like a typical republican if he got elected. Newsome just looks and sounds like an empty suit so hopefully he won’t screw up too much stuff.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:21 PM

119 posts, read 139,538 times
I voted for Cox, unenthusiastically, as I wanted Allen to be the Republican frontrunner. I voted for the rest of the available Republicans or, otherwise, wrote in Republicans, enthusiastically.

I anticipate that this will be my last general election in California. I'm looking to move back to more conservative or libertarian pastures soon, unless I get a job offer in California that is simply, irrefutably phenomenal (which I don't anticipate because just my very aura exudes that I'm not part of the right sociopolitical mode for this state, sadly, despite my skills and background).

Skid Row, Tenderloin, and similar areas throughout the state ultimately shouldn't exist. Yes, I realize that they've been around for decades, since conservative Republicans still had some semblance of power in the state. However, with improvements in crime (overall since the 1990s) and economy (since 2011-12), these areas should be becoming smaller. Meaning, the homeless and mentally ill population should be becoming smaller, or at least such that they have more ample housing opportunities, and areas like Skid Row and Tenderloin should be gentrifying and getting cleaned up. Alas, these things don't appear to be the case.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaBravoCharles View Post
I voted for Cox, unenthusiastically, as I wanted Allen to be the Republican frontrunner. I voted for the rest of the available Republicans or, otherwise, wrote in Republicans, enthusiastically.

I anticipate that this will be my last general election in California. I'm looking to move back to more conservative or libertarian pastures soon, unless I get a job offer in California that is simply, irrefutably phenomenal (which I don't anticipate because just my very aura exudes that I'm not part of the right sociopolitical mode for this state, sadly, despite my skills and background).

Skid Row, Tenderloin, and similar areas throughout the state ultimately shouldn't exist. Yes, I realize that they've been around for decades, since conservative Republicans still had some semblance of power in the state. However, with improvements in crime (overall since the 1990s) and economy (since 2011-12), these areas should be becoming smaller. Meaning, the homeless and mentally ill population should be becoming smaller, or at least such that they have more ample housing opportunities, and areas like Skid Row and Tenderloin should be gentrifying and getting cleaned up. Alas, these things don't appear to be the case.
Have you driven through skid row lately?? It's a grid of misery now. I was scared in my car. At stop lights homeless approach your car menacingly. I couldn't believe how bad it looked. LA politicians have failed everyone. I don't know if Cox is better but he can hardly be worse

Old 10-18-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Democratic Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom enters the final weeks of California’s 2018 governor’s race with a solid lead over Republican businessman John Cox, according to a new USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll.

Poll shows Newsom with a commanding lead over Cox in final weeks before Californians select their next governor - Los Angeles Times
2016 taught me not to look at polls. There's a lot of unhappy people here. I still have a little hope

Old 10-18-2018, 07:21 PM

872 posts, read 596,088 times
It's totally time for a regime change
The money has gotten out of control-
There's so much money to be made that no lefty is standing up for the tax payers and that includes police and firefighters.
Things can get better- just having safe, clean restrooms at a public park is too much to ask for the billions we pay in salaries and pensions- that's just one small thing
The intense increase of crime and forcing criminals into the streets in the Obama presidency and brown governorship needs to be reversed now!
Cox is a great start- Gavin will only make it worse - he has already said as much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California