Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 08:05 PM

9,435 posts, read 7,372,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
We are quite possibly the Bluest state in the country and that’s not changing. Hell in areas like Willows, Paradise and Oroville look on track to voting in Democrat Audrey Dennis.

If Conservatives in our state don’t like it they can move to Texas but they won’t because Red States are ****holes.
Another tolerant, inclusive liberal demonstrating why the rest of the country doesn't want Californacaters moving to their states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:55 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Not a very enlightening debate. Though, after the debate they were in the midst of having call-in questions from the public which was pretty interesting until the feed died. A message that they lost the connection out of Pasadena and were trying to re-establish the connection. After several minutes, it doesn't look like it will be coming back which is unfortunate as there was a caller on the line with a great question that we'll probably never get the answer to.

How disappointing that the governor's race in this state is so unimportant that the one and only debate is broadcast on a radio station on a Monday morning when many Californians are at work. There may have been more tuning in had it been televised locally in the evening. So as it stands all the questions from those people waiting on the phone aren't going to be given the chance to have their voice heard.
Cox turned down the CNN debate because he didn't want any part of the discussion to center on positions he has taken prior to this election. But you can't blame him, it might not go over too well for people to know that at one time he publicly claimed that gay rights will lead to polygamy and bestiality.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
Your ideals, WizardOfRadical are everything that is ruining our great state - how arrogant and rude you are with that post. I'd say the same face-to-face with Jerry Brown. If you're not Jerry Brown, then you must be Gavin or a suck-up to both.

I can't wait to see if I stay in my beautiful state of CA or if I will be forced to take my tax dollars to a better less corrupt state in November. It will depend on who wins and the icing will be if the gas tax is repealed. Vote YES on 6! and especially get rid of the arrogance you see in Wizard's post and vote COX. Repeal the gas tax that jerry signed in without even telling US THE TAX PAYERS is worded to confuse to voters intentionally by our current governor (whom I suspect is WizardOfRadical). If you're okay with that then god help us. I also oppose the sanctuary state policy as well as open borders and free healthcare for illegal immigrants. I also oppose soft on crime and hard on our police. You people seem to side with the criminals rather than our police. TAXPAYERS, NOT SO MUCH.
Make California Great Again. vote COX!
In the first place, I agree with Wizard about this state being fine just the way it is, and you are welcome to disagree, but there is no need to be rude and call someone a suck-up if they like Jerry Brown or Gavin Newsom. Your opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here so try to refrain from getting nasty when someone disagrees with you. Now, in regards to all your 'hopes and wishes' for California. Well, most of us don't want to turn California into Kansas or Oklahoma, there's nothing wrong with those states and if they suit you, then you should move there but most of us don't want to live in a red state or we would.

The biggest problem with your post is that you don't seem to understand how government works. The governor does not rule by fiat, he can't wave a wand and change laws. The state legislature passes laws, and they are not going to pass the kind of laws that you long for, so Cox would be a useless figurehead whining and complaining that if only he had a republican legislature he could fix everything.

None of us want "open borders" that's just a convenient lie that is used to label people who don't want to see illegal immigrants who have been here decades and have no criminal record 'rounded up' and thrown into detention camps. I am against illegal immigration but the way to stop it is to get tough on business and put business owners who knowingly hire illegal aliens in prison, if we do that then the magnet that draws people here is gone and then we can find a way to give law abiding long term immigrants some sort of legal status.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Another tolerant, inclusive liberal demonstrating why the rest of the country doesn't want Californacaters moving to their states.
Really? And did you do some research on that or is it just what you 'think'?

Old 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
That would be a great campaign slogan for Cox.
Cox has plenty of potential campaign slogans but I can guarantee you he won't use any of them and he's hoping like hell that they don't get talked about.
  • School choice avoids transvestite teachers.
  • Impeach judges for barring legislature prayers to Jesus.
  • Present scientific facts that support creationism.
  • Schools forfeit funds if they expose kids to gay propaganda.
  • Support domestic drilling; oppose Kyoto Treaty.
  • Respect people’s freedom but don’t sanction gay behavior
  • There is no ‘right of privacy’ in the Constitution
  • Oppose mandated health insurance and universal coverage
  • No minimum wage; let free market set wages
  • Social Security was an overreaction to the Great Depression

And yes, he said all that and more ... John Cox on the Issues

Old 10-08-2018, 10:01 PM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cox has plenty of potential campaign slogans but I can guarantee you he won't use any of them and he's hoping like hell that they don't get talked about.
  • School choice avoids transvestite teachers.
  • Impeach judges for barring legislature prayers to Jesus.
  • Present scientific facts that support creationism.
  • Schools forfeit funds if they expose kids to gay propaganda.
  • Support domestic drilling; oppose Kyoto Treaty.
  • Respect people’s freedom but don’t sanction gay behavior
  • There is no ‘right of privacy’ in the Constitution
  • Oppose mandated health insurance and universal coverage
  • No minimum wage; let free market set wages
  • Social Security was an overreaction to the Great Depression

And yes, he said all that and more ... John Cox on the Issues
What a great site for out of context paraphrasing supposedly uttered over a decade ago.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
What a great site for out of context paraphrasing supposedly uttered over a decade ago.
Ok so are you claiming he didn't say them, or that he had some kind of 'epiphany' and no longer has those positions? I sure haven't heard him disavowing them, have you?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:16 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Prediction from here: Governor Newsom

Old 10-08-2018, 10:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Now gruesome Newsom is saying San Francisco is “too permissive “

This guy is a joke !

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...r-13286274.php

Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Newsom says Prop 13 repeal is on the table .. maybe that’s one of his plans for paying for health care for all illegal aliens in CA?

@scottshafer
"Is prop 13 on the table?"
@GavinNewsom
"Everything is on the table" #CAgovdebate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California