Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 06:22 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not sure where you got the idea that they are opposed to population growth, they've pretty much stayed out of the immigration debate. But there's plenty of info online you can do the research and draw your own conclusion about their positions.
I'm saying they are not opposed to population growth, so I'm confused as why you consider them ultra-right since they just seem like old school pre-Trump Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 07:25 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,870 times
Quote:
Cox is not the guy to do it.
  • He was fined $16,000 for misuse of investment funds
  • Thinks abortion should be banned
  • Is one of the founding members of the ultra right Club for Growth
  • He is anti-gay rights has equated it to bestiality
  • Claimed that school choice avoids transvestite teachers
  • Support domestic drilling; oppose Kyoto Treaty.
  • Opposes mandated health insurance and universal coverage
  • Opposes minimum wage; let free market set wages.
This is why Cox is a good choice for Governor of California.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:59 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,518,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You’re party nominated the woman and said she was the best to lead the country . That’s real pathetic . You now seem to want to distance yourself from her .
No, I love her. But, the presidential election was 2 years ago. So, why can't you distance yourself from her?

It's pretty hard to blame Clinton for anything that has happened in America since Trump was elected - at least, not by anyone with any kind of brain in their head.

Anything that's gone wrong since the election is Trump's responsibility. Hello.

He's happy to take credit for anything that was the by-product of Obama's presidency, but quick to blame any problems on the person he ran against in 2016, who has zero power in his administration. That's just so obviously nuts that anyone on either side of the aisle should be able to appreciate it.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 PM

999 posts, read 554,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
It's also pretty well known that the States interior (Central Valley-roughly Bakersfield to Stockton) and to a lesser extent, Orange County and the IE and the Coast have a mutual rabid hatred of each other.

The interior rightly complains about taxation without representation, excessive taxation, no say in elections, ad nausem. They are the ones that want 'out' from CA.

The Coast meanwhile loves to mock, ridicule, and just show overall disdain and derision for the Interior-apparently just for the sheer sadistic pleasure of it. Not a day goes by where they don't remind the Central Valley about "how culturally, intellectually, economically, and socially inferior they are" and how "they are a drag, stain, and abscess on the beautiful great state of California".
Maybe overall but definitely not so black and white. I'm from a small farming town in the central valley. My entire family and the majority of my friends vote blue. Just checked and 40 percent of my county voted for Clinton. Not saying the area isn't more conservative, just that it's still relatively split. At least in that election it was.

Edit: Just checked in Kern County (which includes Bakersfield and a lot of rural places) and it was 40 percent for Clinton there, too. California seems to be pretty divided all over the place really.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:23 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,518,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Maybe overall but definitely not so black and white. I'm from a small farming town in the central valley. My entire family and the majority of my friends vote blue. Just checked and 40 percent of my county voted for Clinton. Not saying the area isn't more conservative, just that it's still relatively split. At least in that election it was.

Edit: Just checked in Kern County (which includes Bakersfield and a lot of rural places) and it was 40 percent for Clinton there, too. California seems to be pretty divided all over the place really.
Well said. People misunderstand how Californian voters vote. The entire state isn't blue. Just like they don't have a real understanding of the population of the state, and how the vast majority of the state is actually very sparsely populated. They seem to think the entire state is a sprawling L.A. or S.F. suburbia.

The upside to this, is that for us Californians, it's pretty easy to spot the trolls - because they don't understand the real dynamics, geographic diversity, etc., of this state.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:30 PM

987 posts, read 780,185 times
SO where is the Prop thread? I am voting no on prop 10 for sure.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:24 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
No, I love her. But, the presidential election was 2 years ago. So, why can't you distance yourself from her?

It's pretty hard to blame Clinton for anything that has happened in America since Trump was elected - at least, not by anyone with any kind of brain in their head.

Anything that's gone wrong since the election is Trump's responsibility. Hello.

He's happy to take credit for anything that was the by-product of Obama's presidency, but quick to blame any problems on the person he ran against in 2016, who has zero power in his administration. That's just so obviously nuts that anyone on either side of the aisle should be able to appreciate it.
That is ridiculous. Obama never accomplished anything positive. All he did was set race relations back 50 years, and tried to destroy the country. Clinton is a lying criminal.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:24 AM

508 posts, read 616,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
That is ridiculous. Obama never accomplished anything positive. All he did was set race relations back 50 years, and tried to destroy the country. Clinton is a lying criminal.
No, what he did is reveal that what "died" (racism) is still a huge issue and to be honest, affects us all because it literally takes money to continue the systematic racism. The only people trying to destroy the country are White Supremacist.

I was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. I left two years ago and I could go on and on about this topic because I received a great education in regards to Civil Rights and African-American History.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:29 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Obama never accomplished anything positive. All he did was set race relations back 50 years...
You've got to be kidding.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazi...complishments/

Old 09-30-2018, 06:31 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Cox is not the guy to do it.

Supports domestic drilling; oppose Kyoto Treaty.
That's enough for me to vote against him right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California