Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 07:28 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,733,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
And how, SPECIFICALLY, is this his fault? What specific actions are you referring to. Please list them by number. It must be REALLY SERIOUS. I'm not aware of one thing, so please educate me.
WHY do you type in CAPS? Are you that UPSET that Gavin is so UNPOPULAR, especially among INDEPENDENTS who make up ONE THIRD of the state?

He directly caused one of the greatest job losses in restaurant, personal care, retail, and hospitality which is one of the leading reasons why we have such high UNEMPLOYMENT. People WFH'ing all day weren't impacted, but low-mid wage workers were SLAMMED, which is why unemployment is so high in smaller metros and one reason WHY HIS APPROVAL RATING IS ALMOST AS LOW AS TRUMP'S was before he left office.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:28 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
One that I voted for and won't for again? He'd lose now, especially with independents, 1/3rd of voters, now supporting the recall.

Sorry you don't care about the damage he's done to the state. The recall isn't soon enough to stem the population loss and Central Valley unemployment, would be great to get rid of him sooner.

So you're ok with our 9% unemployment combined with a worse than Florida age adjusted COVID death rate?
Your response is hilarious. I asked for specific horrific things he has done. You mentioned nothing he has done. Nothing.

I don't know if you realize this, but California has a huge tourist economy, which was crushed by the pandemic.

Are you unemployed?

Another fact he had nothing to do with: Lots (as in California has a huge population) of sick, old people died. Was that his fault?

I love how no one has anything - no other governor could have had different results, as they are out of a governor's hands. Kind of basic common sense, but . . .

I guess you would have appreciated a governor more like like Greg Abbot. If so, next time you can put some weirdo on the ballot and see what happens.

PEOPLE VOTE FOR OFFICES AND A RECALL EFFORT SHOULD BE OVER SOMETHING HEINOUS AND SPECIFIC - NOT JUST YOUR FEELINGS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE THE GUY FOR SOME VAGUE REASON THAT YOU DON'T EVEN SEEM TO KNOW.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I'm not aware of one thing.
Neither is Gavin. Part of the problem is he and his diminishing number of supporters are so out of touch.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Getting softballs from Joy Behar and Whoopi is not an interview. That said, was disgusting how he failed to condemn Cuomo when the rest of his party is. Maybe Gavin's got a few MeToos that haven't come out yet.
So you recalled him because you predicted he wouldn't condemn Cuomo? Sort of a pre-emptive recall? And I didn't realize you can't fulfill your elected duties if you don't condemn other people!

This bunch is not too smart and that's why we're dealing with this ridiculous waste of time.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
WHY do you type in CAPS? Are you that UPSET that Gavin is so UNPOPULAR, especially among INDEPENDENTS who make up ONE THIRD of the state?

He directly caused one of the greatest job losses in restaurant, personal care, retail, and hospitality which is one of the leading reasons why we have such high UNEMPLOYMENT. People WFH'ing all day weren't impacted, but low-mid wage workers were SLAMMED, which is why unemployment is so high in smaller metros and one reason WHY HIS APPROVAL RATING IS ALMOST AS LOW AS TRUMP'S was before he left office.
I asked you for SPECIFICS.

You don't recall elected officials over approval ratings (well YOU do, but most sane people would realize how ridiculous that is).

I will say this: If anything comes of this, I hope and pray all of you haters get yours.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Your response is hilarious. I asked for specific horrific things he has done. You mentioned nothing he has done. Nothing.
I mentioned plenty, haven't seen a single fact from you just a lot of crying about why people don't like him and heavy use of CAPS.

Like Gavin, you don't like facts, data, or science, and are convinced only by political ideology. Like Gavin, you don't care that he's put a lot of low-mid wage workers out of work. Like Gavin, your feelings are hurt because he's so unpopular. Unlike Gavin, you're asking me to pull the facts together for you because you don't have them and only care about political ideology.

I'm not debating the left wing version of QAnon where conspiracy theories take precedence over facts. Learn to use Google, present some data, and then get back to me.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:33 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
The Recall Newsom movement is a Republican ploy to get a Republican into office.

If that were not true, the same people who want to recall Newsom would be putting forth a Democrat to replace him.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
The Recall Newsom movement is a Republican ploy to get a Republican into office.

If that were not true, the same people who want to recall Newsom would be putting forth a Democrat to replace him.
I think they are so despicable - first Trump and all of his atrocities - then the insurrection, which is cool with them - they care nothing for democracy and instead of saying: "I can't wait until the next election - so-and-so's going to be a great candidate and will support all of our wonderful values and ideals" (Gag), they say: "Wah - Wah - We don't like this guy! He ate at a restaurant and won't let us go to bars!"

Shallow and morally bankrupt - what could be worse?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post

False. Independents support it. Newsom supporters distaste for reality is the same as QAnon's. Full of conspiracy theories and free of facts.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:13 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
False. Independents support it. Newsom supporters distaste for reality is the same as QAnon's. Full of conspiracy theories and free of facts.
Who did you vote for for President in November, 2016?
Who did you vote for for President in November, 2020?

It wasn't an Independent, was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California