Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 08:07 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

"At the time, (March 15, 2020), Newsom and many of his aides didn’t think California was ready for a statewide shutdown, with some counties reporting no cases. But as the days progressed, the data projecting infections, the rate of spread and potential hospitalizations grew steadily worse.

More than a half dozen of Newsom’s current and former aides were interviewed to better understand the events that led up to the decision to implement the historic order. Many of the governor’s staff members were not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity for this story.

Their collective memories tell a story of a governor who made the call hours before announcing the order to the public, and of an administration that scrambled to figure out how to craft and implement the sweeping restrictions in the absence of federal leadership.

“Literally, we were creating the California model,” said Mark Ghaly, California’s health and human services secretary. “Nobody had done something that tried to model out where this was heading and we tried, and we had the CDC on the phone trying to develop it with us. They had not done it."

Inside Gavin Newsom’s fateful decision to lock down California:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-at-home-order

Old 03-19-2021, 08:53 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I've always thought Newsom was a bit of an empty suit but you have it wrong.

State guidance limited private gatherings to no more than three households.

But no such rule existed in the state's restaurant guidance as of Nov. 2020. The state's restaurant guidance recommends limiting the number of patrons seated at a table to a single household or to “patrons who have asked to be seated together,” but doesn’t specify a number. Napa County was following state guidance in Nov. 2020.

https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/gui...estaurants.pdf

Again, not defending Newsom's actions. He deserves to be severely critiqued for it...completely tone deaf for him to go there as the fall surge was ramping up. Though in my book, this does not justify a recall which should be reserved for serious public corruption.

By the way, consuming thousands dollars of wine isn't against the law.
Not sure why you think those same gathering limits wouldn’t apply to a restaurant as well or anywhere else for that matter. That makes no sense.

By the way, I never suggested consuming thousands of dollars of wine was against the law and am dumbfounded how you even came to that assumption.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:03 AM

6,725 posts, read 6,711,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Faulconer admitted to voting for Trump in 2020, so I'm not sure how you are reaching that conclusion

I don't think Newsom lied about the French Laundry. The wall adjacent to his table fully opens to create an indoor/outdoor setting. The wall was open when he was there. He also didn't break any rules by being there because eating at restaurants was permissible in Napa County when he was there. And that's a lame excuse to recall him anyway because the same players had already tried to recall him 6 times since he was elected, and all of those attempts occurred before the French Laundry 'scandal'
This is like reading a Trumper claim that Donald was never briefed on the Russians paying the Taliban to target US soldiers. The fact that you're parroting Newsolini's lies and defending his dinner shows he's going down the same path of defeat that Trump. Just the no facts nutters along for the ride, everyone else is against him.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:14 AM

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/03/...zed-with-data/

Newsolini is literally trying to cover up releasing the data behind the lockdown decision and the sheep are defending him. Just like the Trumpers did. The same people who would COVID shame someone for not wearing a mask outdoors will twist themselves into knots defending Gavin's indoor trip to French Laundry, and his lies about it that go on to this day. THIS IS JUST LIKE TRUMP SUPPORTERS defending his lies.

The rejection of facts and science to support narcissists like Trump and Newsolini suggests their cult followers will believe the only way their guy goes down is a crazy conspiracy. "Stop the Steal" was driven by the same logic as this "right wing conspiracy" and attempts to defend the indefensible. I also think we treat Trump sheep as toothless rednecks from Kentucky, and many are, but they're no dumber than Bay Area hipsters thinking the only way Newsolini goes down is a conspiracy.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:55 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You're grasping at straws. He's a "do as I say not as I do" kind of a guy.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/polit...nor/index.html

Your governor needs to be sent packing (so does mine, incidentally, and the guy in NY and the guy in NJ - but that's a topic for another time and place).
No, I'm not grasping at straws. Knowing a bit about your political leanings you probably think every Democratic politician holding office should be recalled.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lo ‘effing L at your attempts at equivalency between Trump and Newsom. Not even close to playing in the same cesspool.
Same blind devotion, same inability to think for oneself. Sorry you drank the Newsolini Kool-Aid and have nothing to refute anything I've said except for personal attacks. Proves my point, thanks,.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:29 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Most of the LAT articles I link are for discussion purposes. And I don't make statements like, "Newsom is literally trying to cover up releasing the data behind the lockdown decision," based on an opinion piece. You've posted articles by Borenstein, so you know him; the guy despises Newsom.
The classic john stewart jimmy kimmel defense, I'm a comedian not real reporter. "I'm just posting (biased) articles, I'm not stating my opinion."

Old 03-19-2021, 11:36 AM

It's interesting they focus so much on "so what if he had lunch in an enclosed space?!" After literally just having announced strict shut down. They gloss over the fact he was having lunch with a lobbyist and the head of a doctors lobby. Didn't know we had swamps in CA.

Old 03-19-2021, 12:00 PM

Rich, slimy, womanizing businessman with crazy hair, hiding information from people and media, using it to make irrational decisions and manipulate his base, changing laws that only benefit the rich, blatant, out in the open corruption goes unchecked, mismanages government, mismanagement of Covid. Oh, and people want him out of office. This is Newsom, right?

Old 03-19-2021, 01:50 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Isn’t every article linked for discussion purposes? Do you really not see how hypocritical it is to try and call out linking an opinion piece when you constantly do the same exact thing?
"Hypocritical"? No. I haven't posted a link to any news articles and stated, Believe this because it’s says so here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California