Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2022, 01:49 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Oh. I see them there (in the link you provided) in a nice photo opp. None of them wearing masks.

Oops.

Obviously they're all holding their breath for the photo.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
New gym study
https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-air-g...172714774.html
I already said classes are the worst. I've not done any of them in ages or this year used enclosed rooms or done cardio inside. I'll stay further away from where the deadlifter types work out. I would like new signs reminding people to exercise apart from each other.

It's time for a real-world study, such as random screening of gymgoers for infection, plus N95 masks on employees, mandatory reporting of any employee infections, and so on.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:12 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Ya, running on a treadmill or stationary bike or ANY exercise that gets heart rate up is going to cause people to breathe hard. Gyms smell like bad breathe and BO for a reason. Almost all of them have horrible ventilation. Especially the locker rooms.

Better off riding a bike or running outside. This is why I ride bikes and have an Olympic set plus spin bike in my garage. Gyms are a petri dish for infections. No matter how hard you try you cannot disinfect the equipment.

All the signs that say "wipe down after use". Do people clean the public toilet seat before or after using it. Ya.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:22 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, running on a treadmill or stationary bike or ANY exercise that gets heart rate up is going to cause people to breathe hard. Gyms smell like bad breathe and BO for a reason. Almost all of them have horrible ventilation. Especially the locker rooms.

Better off riding a bike or running outside. This is why I ride bikes and have an Olympic set plus spin bike in my garage. Gyms are a petri dish for infections. No matter how hard you try you cannot disinfect the equipment.

All the signs that say "wipe down after use". Do people clean the public toilet seat before or after using it. Ya.
Correct. I walk and ride my bike outside. I have not been to a gym in ages.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:55 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
My wife just tested positive today.
She has been feeling bad for 2 days.
She works from home and only really socialized while attending my daughter’s birthday dinner.
Her symptoms were similar to a cold.
I got her some DayQuil, cough syrup and some Riccola cough drops.
She has been in a zoom meeting all morning.

Me?
I tested negative but feel lazyish.
It’s not fun but it’s also nothing serious.
This is definitely milder than the flu.
I can’t believe we shut down the country for 2 years because of this.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:13 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
This is definitely milder than the flu.
I can’t believe we shut down the country for 2 years because of this.
Yet didn't you and your wife have both the vaccinations as well as boosters? We shut down the country when these weren't yet available.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yet didn't you and your wife have both the vaccinations as well as boosters? We shut down the country when these weren't yet available.
Plus the original Covid semed more powerful, it has weakened alot over the years.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:11 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
We both had covid before the vaccine was available.
The first wave of covid was very harsh.

We are vaccinated with 2 shots of Pfizer when that first came out.
All had access to the vaccine near 2 years or so ago.

Covid did weaken with each new variant and we learned about social distancing, fresh air and those at risk were unhealthy to start with.
Shutting down the country an additional year or year and a half was foolish.
It became a political tool.
Shame on all the bad politics of it.
Just shame.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:20 PM

It did not weaken with each variant, and it's not a cold and won't become a cold. Unless it somehow becomes much less contagious (down to flu-level, for example), the harm it does to society will continue to be significant.

Some people just aren't operating in reality.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Correct. I walk and ride my bike outside. I have not been to a gym in ages.
It's only wholly correct to people who haven't been to a gym in many years and don't understand that many or most gyms today have good ventilation. Also, at the cardio sections I've watched much, crowds are a thing of the past, making cardio in an open area probably only moderately risky, though I still don't recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California