Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 08:00 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud49 View Post
I stopped eating meat so if a meat shortage hits I will not be affected.
No problem. I’ll pick up your slack. I can easily turn completely carnivorous.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:02 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

No, I'll take it because I need it more. I do weight training, which requires more protein than riding a bicycle.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No, I'll take it because I need it more. I do weight training, which requires more protein than riding a bicycle.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:11 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Some of your northern brethren are taking a stand. I read about a sheriff up north that said he won’t enforce an order from the governor to close beaches and parks because N. California shouldn’t be punished for S. California’s mistakes.

Another county said they’re going to open restaurants, theaters, salons, etc on Friday as long as they social distance.

Some people don’t care about the orders. I’d post the article link, but evidently the call letters are a bad word in a foreign language and CD blocks it.
The Sheriff doesn't need to worry the only beaches and parks closed are in Orange County. Some Police Chief's assn wrote that he closed them all over the state and then distributed the memo.
https://sfist.com/2020/04/30/gov-gav...eaches-closed/

Old 04-30-2020, 08:17 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Some of your northern brethren are taking a stand. I read about a sheriff up north that said he won’t enforce an order from the governor to close beaches and parks because N. California shouldn’t be punished for S. California’s mistakes.

Another county said they’re going to open restaurants, theaters, salons, etc on Friday as long as they social distance.

Some people don’t care about the orders. I’d post the article link, but evidently the call letters are a bad word in a foreign language and CD blocks it.
I haven't heard that. But it makes sense. There's a real animosity from northern California folks when it comes to the glutton (especially water) for the southern part of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Got Upton Sinclair Jr I suppose. Hilarious.
No doubt.

Quote:

I'm pretty much that way. I gave up processed carbs because they're bad for my body. I do much better eating protein, fat and veggies with a few berries now and then. After losing a brother to diabetes, I was determined not to head down that road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Man (and woman) need protein and I don't care if these fluffy vegetarians tell you that you can get protein from veggies. It's not the same protein. We need the aminos found in red meat. Oh and before people jump on me for it being bad for my heart? Well, since I went almost full carnivore, my blood lipids are in better range than they've been in since I was 30. Don't believe the hype Ancel Keys try to make us believe. Meat does a body good. Milk, not so much.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 PM

460 posts, read 231,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Man (and woman) need protein and I don't care if these fluffy vegetarians tell you that you can get protein from veggies. It's not the same protein. We need the aminos found in red meat. Oh and before people jump on me for it being bad for my heart? Well, since I went almost full carnivore, my blood lipids are in better range than they've been in since I was 30. Don't believe the hype Ancel Keys try to make us believe. Meat does a body good. Milk, not so much.
No, we don't need protein from red meat...I've been an athlete for a long time, and I also lift, and can get my protein just fine from anything from cheese, to yogurt, to beans or nuts, and milk or plant protein powders. Vegetarians eat eggs too. Red meat only increases risk of certain cancers and other diseases. Anyway, it tastes so so, that's why I don't eat it. And too much protein, by the way, is bad for kidneys and makes getting cancer more likely. I've always been more cut than any meat eater, who tend to be fatty, by the way, regarding fluffy vegetarians.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:26 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
No, we don't need protein from red meat...I've been an athlete for a long time, and I also lift, and can get my protein just fine from anything from cheese to yogurt, to beans or nuts, and milk or plant protein powders. Red meat only increases risk of certain cancers and other diseases. Anyway, it tastes so so, that's why I don't eat it. I've always been more cut than any meat eater, who tend to be fatty, by the way, regarding fluffy vegetarians.
Like I said, there's going to be someone saying otherwise. Tell you what, you eat your way and I'll eat mine. When I ate your way, the doctor was minutes away from putting me on medication to lower my glucose. I told him no, I would figure it out and I did. I take no medication and my lipids are fine. So don't even bother trying to tell me that your way of eating is the only way. It may be good for you but it doesn't work for others. Me being one.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:29 PM

460 posts, read 231,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Like I said, there's going to be someone saying otherwise. Tell you what, you eat your way and I'll eat mine. When I ate your way, the doctor was minutes away from putting me on medication to lower my glucose. I told him no, I would figure it out and I did. I take no medication and my lipids are fine. So don't even bother trying to tell me that your way of eating is the only way. It may be good for you but it doesn't work for others. Me being one.
Well you're the one who called vegetarians fluffy.
Then I called frequent meat-eaters fatty and at risk of cancer, which they are.
I never told you what to eat, by the way, and I dk, frankly.
I never had bad lipids or sugar.
Just because someone lowered their bad lipids or sugar doesn't mean they're not increased their risk of cancer... if someone got bad lipids or sugar from not eating a lot of meat, they've been eating bad quality foods and in bad combination or proportion to begin with.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:30 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quest Diagnostics is now doing antibody testing open to the public, no doctor prescription required. They have lots of labs near wherever you are. Test costs $129. I think I'll have one done because I think I had the virus back in January and I'm curious as to whether I truly did or not, and if I did if I have the antibodies for it.

Questdirect

Old 04-30-2020, 08:31 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Quest Diagnostics is now doing antibody testing open to the public, no doctor prescription required. They have lots of labs near wherever you are. Test costs $129. I think I'll have one done because I think I had the virus back in January and I'm curious as to whether I truly did or not, and if I did if I have the antibodies for it.

Questdirect
Janellen ... you realize you just interrupted a great off-topic battle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California