Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 09:40 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Easy does it david. Take your Prozac and a deep breath while you catch up on all the many financial relief proposals being worked out:

Mortgage payment postponements (up to a year or more) with no credit dings

Monthly cash infusions of upwards from $1,000 to several thousands for every adult American + $500 per child

New unemployment benefits and a fast track program

Tax filing / payment delays

Aggressive hiring by several huge retailers seeking to take advantage of the growing pool of unemployed ... Kroger just announced they are hiring 10,000 workers (average pay over $15 hour / over $20 hour with benefits ... Walmart similarly hiring.

Fuel prices dropping to possibly as low as $1 a gallon in some areas.

Interest rates at lowest levels in generational history

... more
What is your source for this? Please do not tell me Trump

Old 03-20-2020, 09:41 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No there won't be riots because the number of people who think like you are few and far between in California.
“Think”?

Old 03-20-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
What is your source for this? Please do not tell me Trump
Let go of your gun from the one hand and your **** in the other and come out from under the covers and follow the news ... even FOX will catch you up.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:45 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Let go of your gun from the one hand and your **** in the other and come out from under the covers and follow the news ... even FOX will catch you up.
It's called proposal. Nothing been passed yet and many Republicans in the Senate are against it. Do not think this will actually happen.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's called proposal. Nothing been passed yet and many Republicans in the Senate are against it. Do not think this will actually happen.
If Trump wants to have any shot at reelection he won’t miss the opportunity to do what he loves most: leverage other peoples’ assets (read: the taxpayers’) by signing us all up for more massive debt. He loves debt. His treasury secretary publicly advocates this. Trump’s on the radio as I type, talking about how his republicans are in agreement with the democrats about getting these programs working. Just as I typed that last sentence Trump announced temporarily waiving student loan interest with more relief coming. Etc etc etc.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
Not to be bias in any way but in my observation it appears more progressive parts of the country regardless of population density tend to be hit the hardest.

Those states and population seems to be living under the strongest pressure of "eco control freaks"
Weaker "green" detergents/disinfectants, straws**k movements, disposable utencils bans, encouraging reusable bags these days. All these factors had made the pandemic and disease transmission issues much worse. There was a good reason why people do not want to put their lips on communal restaurant cups.

I am not surprised why it spread so quickly on two Princess ships as last time I taken Princess Cruises, I was surprised why such a nice sounding line would be so bad. The toilets/all of them constantly smelled of sewage, tableware actually looked dirty, cups especially, and yet the waiter would lecture you of their skip a straw program and deny any requests for straws, despite how they say straws are still available upon request.

I am hoping to gain attention of leaders of California, Gavin Newsom and the others of these articles, and suspend indefinitely any state or local ordinances on bags, straws, and any other sanitary disposable items. And any mandatory fees on them as well. Seeing that San Francisco Bay Area suffered the greatest they also had the most progressive policies and first to bend down to eco lobbyists on those ordinances during the last eight years which made the area far more filthy than ever before. Remember many of those disposable items were pushed for health and safety during the hepatitis and other disease outbreak in the 1980s. Apparently modern day progressives forget all lessons learned and brain wash people into going back to their old ways and punish them for not doing so.

Read these articles:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pla...es-11584399666
The Plastic Bag Ban Backfires – APK METRO
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrick.../#3d62f65e464d
https://progressivegrocer.com/covid-...le-use-plastic
https://www.asicentral.com/news/news...astic-bag-ban/
https://wgme.com/news/local/watervil...onavirus-fears

If you want to save the environment there are much better ways in today's age of technology than coercing behavior change. I.e stores could simply be equipped with a variety of bin liner sized/trash disposal/recycle friendly tie handled bags(half of them the compostable type) and traditional sized bags(little more durable than the cheapest they can find), And teach clerks how to bag using the appropriate bags and amount, i.e items with sharp edges(that punch holes in plastic film) in paper bags,
And teach residents how to properly reuse the bags to dispose of garbage and recycling, which groceries are going to generate anyways.
Have restaurants provide compostable containers microwavable, and offer customers a choice of paper, edible, and compostable straws.
I hope politicians all over the country and world come to their senses with this pandemic and learn why disposable items are necessary in the first place. And issue immediate executive orders to suspend such ordinances at all jurisdictions level within their ruling area indefinitely. And to prohibit reusable bags, cups, and utencils from food servicing establishments.

Stores should also take among their own initative to block reusable bags from entering as well
https://krcgtv.com/news/local/hy-vee...-reusable-bags
I know Starbucks now stopped the practice of having barstas fill up reusable cups.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 03-20-2020 at 10:09 AM..

Old 03-20-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post

I am hoping to gain attention of leaders of California, Gavin Newsom and the others of these articles, and ...
Surely they are keyed in on your posts here citizen ... no doubt your phone will ring any minute and it will be leadership seeking your guidance ...

Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,691,467 times
Quote:
Surely they are keyed in on your posts here citizen ... no doubt your phone will ring any minute and it will be leadership seeking your guidance ...
Quote:
This site says...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to
Tulemutt again.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Not to be bias in any way but in my observation it appears more progressive parts of the country regardless of population density tend to be hit the hardest.

Those states and population seems to be living under the strongest pressure of "eco control freaks"
Weaker "green" detergents/disinfectants, straws**k movements, disposable utencils bans, encouraging reusable bags these days. All these factors had made the pandemic and disease transmission issues much worse. There was a good reason why people do not want to put their lips on communal restaurant cups.

I am not surprised why it spread so quickly on two Princess ships as last time I taken Princess Cruises, I was surprised why such a nice sounding line would be so bad. The toilets/all of them constantly smelled of sewage, tableware actually looked dirty, cups especially, and yet the waiter would lecture you of their skip a straw program and deny any requests for straws, despite how they say straws are still available upon request.

I am hoping to gain attention of leaders of California, Gavin Newsom and the others of these articles, and suspend indefinitely any state or local ordinances on bags, straws, and any other sanitary disposable items. And any mandatory fees on them as well. Seeing that San Francisco Bay Area suffered the greatest they also had the most progressive policies and first to bend down to eco lobbyists on those ordinances during the last eight years which made the area far more filthy than ever before. Remember many of those disposable items were pushed for health and safety during the hepatitis and other disease outbreak in the 1980s. Apparently modern day progressives forget all lessons learned and brain wash people into going back to their old ways and punish them for not doing so.

Read these articles:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pla...es-11584399666
The Plastic Bag Ban Backfires – APK METRO
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrick.../#3d62f65e464d
https://progressivegrocer.com/covid-...le-use-plastic
https://www.asicentral.com/news/news...astic-bag-ban/
https://wgme.com/news/local/watervil...onavirus-fears

If you want to save the environment there are much better ways in today's age of technology than coercing behavior change. I.e stores could simply be equipped with a variety of bin liner sized/trash disposal/recycle friendly tie handled bags(half of them the compostable type) and traditional sized bags(little more durable than the cheapest they can find), And teach clerks how to bag using the appropriate bags and amount, i.e items with sharp edges(that punch holes in plastic film) in paper bags,
And teach residents how to properly reuse the bags to dispose of garbage and recycling, which groceries are going to generate anyways.
Have restaurants provide compostable containers microwavable, and offer customers a choice of paper, edible, and compostable straws.
I hope politicians all over the country and world come to their senses with this pandemic and learn why disposable items are necessary in the first place. And issue immediate executive orders to suspend such ordinances at all jurisdictions level within their ruling area indefinitely. And to prohibit reusable bags, cups, and utencils from food servicing establishments.

Stores should also take among their own initative to block reusable bags from entering as well
https://krcgtv.com/news/local/hy-vee...-reusable-bags
I know Starbucks now stopped the practice of having barstas fill up reusable cups.
I agree that straw/bag/bottle bans are ridiculous and a sanitation hazard. However, COVID-19 is unable to perforate the esophogeal, stomach, and intestinal linings, so contaminated food and drink from poorly sanitized bags or glasses is not a significant vector. If we get a pandemic of a food-born illness, it will be worse for the reasons you mentioned.

"Progressive" areas appear harder-hit because of an early (and continuous) focus on testing, quarantine, and mitigation. Everyone is getting sick at approximately the same rate (based on density and movement of carriers), just some areas don't know they are sick, and won't know until their emergency services are overwhelmed.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
No politicians want to seen as not doing nothing, but the lock down is too late and the wrong thing to do. The panic lock down will do little other than destroying the economy. The financial ruin of the lock down will cost far more than virus itself and people will still get infected.
What do you mean it is the wrong thing to do? What would you suggest? I haven't seen you come up with any brilliant ideas. Too late, maybe, but it is better to be late than sorry. So it sounds like you are saying, don't bother, he economy and our investments are worth more than the number of people who will be saved by the shut down. No one likes it, maybe it is over reaction, but stop trying to push this off onto our politicians and just follow the suggestions and use common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California