Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 12:11 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

It's not pure speculation. Long COVID is acknowledged by researchers. You've been told that and I think also that post-viral syndromes are not uncommon.

Furthermore, you have no idea how many elderly people don't have loved ones who can look after them (which the government could do more about) and many other vulnerable groups that basically have to fend for themselves (the government is unlikely to do more than a little about that). Not to mention many at-risk people who don't realize they are at risk.

This is getting almost as tiresome as the pandemic itself.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:39 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane M View Post
I am not sure what the problem is with restaurants being open only to serve food to go. Why is it so important to be able to dine at the restaurant?

To a restaurant? It's the difference between an average sale and one with a decent profit, especially if they're serving alcohol. People spend more money dining in than they do picking up food. For a restaurant which never included take-out to be the primary source of revenue, it's a significant difference. Places geared for sit down, in-person dining have effectively been turned into a typical fast food joint. Fast food relies on volume to keep the lights on. Then there's the waitstaff which relies on tip money which is generally based on a percentage of the bill. Without big ticket add-ons normally skipped on a take-out order (like drinks, appetizers), their wages go down too. Restaurants operate on thin margins as it is. That's why many haven't been able to stay afloat throughout this.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:45 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Until we get COVID under control. Wishing it away doesn't make things better.

True herd immunity may be years away as is typical with vaccines. So at what point is it "under control" in your opinion?

Old 12-28-2020, 10:43 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
True herd immunity may be years away as is typical with vaccines. So at what point is it "under control" in your opinion?
I think once everyone who wants to get a vaccine can, I think we'll be in a better place (hopefully by May/June timeframe if all goes well). At that point, we can ease restrictions for business/school closures, but many should require vaccines for entry. Those who opt to not get vaccinated may need to deal with the consequences of not being able to go to all public places they may otherwise want.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:22 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
I think once everyone who wants to get a vaccine can, I think we'll be in a better place (hopefully by May/June timeframe if all goes well). At that point, we can ease restrictions for business/school closures, but many should require vaccines for entry. Those who opt to not get vaccinated may need to deal with the consequences of not being able to go to all public places they may otherwise want.
It may be going that way. I just read an article on Bloomberg this morning that said LA residents will be offered to put proof of vaccination in the Apple Wallet on your iPhone. It could be used to access concert venues or airline flights. I don’t know why that can’t be applied to everyone. Sounds pretty convenient.

Pfizer already said they’re going to give out a card showing the vaccination.

However, they shouldn’t be blocked from entry. That makes no sense if everyone else is vaccinated. You want to have them wear masks, fine. But not blocked completely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...n-apple-wallet

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/12/...-transactions/

Last edited by Mike930; 12-28-2020 at 11:36 AM..

Old 12-28-2020, 11:31 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
If Ca is closed down till then there won’t be anything to open up.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:27 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,847,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Pfizer already said they’re going to give out a card showing the vaccination.
Got one!

From the CDC.

It has:

Vaccine: Product name...Manufacturer....Lot number...date...Healthcare Pro/Clinic Site

Also has first/last name......DOB....1st dose date....2nd dose date

On the reverse, it states, "Bring this vaxx record to EVERY vaxx OR medical visit."

Then, it's also in Spanish, too.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:42 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If Ca is closed down till then there won’t be anything to open up.
It won't take that long, except maybe in Los Angeles, where Garcetti is mismanaging almost everything.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:44 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
The problem with vaccine cards or barcodes on phones, is that they will be easy to duplicate & a black market will emerge in forgery.

I plan on getting a vaccine whenever it is available for my age group

Old 12-28-2020, 01:13 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's not pure speculation. Long COVID is acknowledged by researchers. You've been told that and I think also that post-viral syndromes are not uncommon.
Despite the number of links to data about this, some people purposely ignore this information so they can continue with their beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Furthermore, you have no idea how many elderly people don't have loved ones who can look after them
Unfortunately, it's not just the elderly. One of our kids has a friend whose entire family--all under 30--now has the virus, and that's exactly what the friend said: You have no idea how hard this is when no one can come in and help take care of your young children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California