Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 01:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
The problem with vaccine cards or barcodes on phones, is that they will be easy to duplicate & a black market will emerge in forgery.

I plan on getting a vaccine whenever it is available for my age group
Physical cards, yeah. Are you sure about digital barcodes being easy to forge?

Old 12-28-2020, 01:59 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,286,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
However, they shouldn’t be blocked from entry. That makes no sense if everyone else is vaccinated. You want to have them wear masks, fine. But not blocked completely.
I agree if everyone was vaccinated. However, with 40-50% of the population saying they won't get a vaccine, we won't get to herd immunity of these numbers aren't reached. So yes, I support blocking access to people if they refuse a vaccine. People can decide that they want to make dumb choices for whatever reason, but this shouldn't come at the risk of the rest of our health.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If Ca is closed down till then there won’t be anything to open up.
CA never has nor never will be fully shutdown, like you see in Europe. Restaurants are able to do delivery and takeout and stores are all open, with mask wearing. You do have some businesses like hair/nail salons closed but they'll be able to reopen if our case rate drops.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:24 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I agree if everyone was vaccinated. However, with 40-50% of the population saying they won't get a vaccine, we won't get to herd immunity of these numbers aren't reached. So yes, I support blocking access to people if they refuse a vaccine. People can decide that they want to make dumb choices for whatever reason, but this shouldn't come at the risk of the rest of our health.
While I understand that no vaccine is not 100% effective, what difference does it make if you take it but the guy near you doesn’t? I would think that’s on them taking the risk, not you.

Private business is one thing and I can see them putting up restrictions if you can’t show proof of vaccination. I don’t think places like pharmacies or grocery stores would block access, but places like airlines or concert venues, maybe. It may be more like no vaccine, you have to wear a mask. But then once they’re in, they could take off the mask and no one would know.

Maybe the people who refuse the vaccine can wear something like a big sticker in the form of a COVID molecule like the nazis did to Jewish people in WWII. I’m sure California could get behind that one.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:49 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
"Paranoia will destroy ya."

Old 12-28-2020, 02:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
CA never has nor never will be fully shutdown, like you see in Europe. Restaurants are able to do delivery and takeout and stores are all open, with mask wearing. You do have some businesses like hair/nail salons closed but they'll be able to reopen if our case rate drops.
Restaurants cannot survive on just take out. My old business was a vendor to restaurants and they’re barely still open. What about the hotels there? It doesn’t matter that Ca isn’t fully shut down .....what is shut down is dying and might not ever reopen

Old 12-28-2020, 03:18 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,784,613 times
Quote:
Many are waiting until full information is available on this vaccine. there is no real information yet, just speculation and info about past vaccines. In testing they saw some minor effects, but the group did not represent everyone who will get it or should get it. In 6 months we will have a far better idea, if the news about it gets reported. hopefully no significant effects, but not enough info yet.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
While I understand that no vaccine is not 100% effective, what difference does it make if you take it but the guy near you doesn’t? I would think that’s on them taking the risk, not you.

Private business is one thing and I can see them putting up restrictions if you can’t show proof of vaccination. I don’t think places like pharmacies or grocery stores would block access, but places like airlines or concert venues, maybe. It may be more like no vaccine, you have to wear a mask. But then once they’re in, they could take off the mask and no one would know.

Maybe the people who refuse the vaccine can wear something like a big sticker in the form of a COVID molecule like the nazis did to Jewish people in WWII. I’m sure California could get behind that one.
Part of the protection of other diseases through immunization has been herd immunity. Its for the very reason that these aren't 100% effective. Measles is a good example of this. So yes, I agree that by me taking the vaccine (which I will do when it is available to me) reduces the risk dramatically, the remainder comes from herd immunity.

Nice of you to equate a horrible event such as the holocaust with those who are trying to protect lives through vaccines/mask wearing/social distancing, etc. It should be those who have no disregard for others by acting recklessly, not those who are trying to get and keep this disease under under control. As someone of Jewish decent, who's family was impacted by the holocaust, I find your analogy disgusting.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Restaurants cannot survive on just take out. My old business was a vendor to restaurants and they’re barely still open. What about the hotels there? It doesn’t matter that Ca isn’t fully shut down .....what is shut down is dying and might not ever reopen
That's why we need a better stimulus bill to protect workers and businesses, but Republicans turned down additional aid. Its not safe to reopen now with the amount of spread. If you're so worried about these businesses, talk to your congressman about providing additional stimulus aid and enacting additional controls to get COVID under control. If we all just stayed home for a few weeks, we could starve COVID. But, you said it yourself that you hate this government regulation and do your own thing, like going out with friends. Pretty hypocritical of you to be part of the spreading problem and then blame government for trying to get it under control. Look at your own behavior and why these restrictions are needed in the first place vs blaming those trying to improve the situation. Good grief!

Old 12-28-2020, 03:46 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
It isn't any wonder why this is still spreading. Most people are wearing the wrong mask. If you aren't wearing an N95 or one approved by the CDC, you may as well go without. Those flimsy cotton things they sell labeled "fashion mask" or even a homemade one don't do squat. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California