Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 01:49 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,461,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Ok I went to the Etsy site looker linked to and looked at the mesh mask he was referring to (I think). It looks like an ok one to me. The outside is mesh but it's lined with 100% cotton.
COOLING MESH Washable Cotton-Lined Face Mask Double Layer | Etsy
I have some n95 masks, but I save them for medical appointments and such. I might get a couple of these for just out and about stuff.

My eye immediately went to the other ones that look like panties. Why, just why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 02:15 PM

21,760 posts, read 16,386,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I think i can do better, i think this will work even better for me https://www.etsy.com/listing/8221655...=1&frs=1&col=1
The synthetic love doll? I guess some guys get off on them. Or did you mean the mask?

Old 07-19-2020, 02:17 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,148,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The synthetic love doll? I guess some guys get off on them. Or did you mean the mask?
Obviously the mask

Old 07-19-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Should that have stopped anyone from dismissing his dismissal though? There was never a point in the timeline between December and March where California couldn't have adopted every measure they have since put forth, justified and validated by "known science" to combat an infectious disease. The blame game is a silly exercise imo.

Also, Trump has been a public figure for decades and president for four years. Have you ever believed for one second of that time that he would say the right thing? I'm baffled by people who think he's that type of guy and act surprised every time he continues to do what he's always done.
While I agree what you say is true enough, it’s Trumpers who for the most part are the anti-maskers. If Trump cared in the slightest about leadership for the benefit of the nation, as he professes, then the simple act of him recommending masks, and wearing one himself, would damn near end the controversy and defiance.

Did I ever expect such leadership from him? Of course not. He’s a jack azz since he was a toddler and never grew out of either state of being. Point is: the blame game does offer at least one value: adds clarity of his charlatan, demagogical deception as the nation draws close to election.

Instead of unifying, he uses the issue to further divide, which, in turn, delays the recovery of both the nation’s citizen’s physical health, and the economy.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Obviously the mask
Oh. No, not obvious at all considering your posting history.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:35 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,293,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Should that have stopped anyone from dismissing his dismissal though? There was never a point in the timeline between December and March where California couldn't have adopted every measure they have since put forth, justified and validated by "known science" to combat an infectious disease. The blame game is a silly exercise imo.

Also, Trump has been a public figure for decades and president for four years. Have you ever believed for one second of that time that he would say the right thing? I'm baffled by people who think he's that type of guy and act surprised every time he continues to do what he's always done.
Oh, I never said that the Democrats did everything right. California was doing a good job (comparatively) and Newsom opened up too early when caving to political pressure. He's partially to blame as well.

But, its an order of magnitude and I don't see you can compare one person who tried to do the right thing and didn't do enough (Newsom) to another , who did (and continues to do so) anything in his power to subvert doing anything productive as he thinks (wrongly) that this will help him politically (Trump).

I never trusted Trump. I didn't vote for him. I was smart enough to understand that he was not qualified and that Hilary (despite being flawed) was a much better candidate here. I'm less surprised by his actions than those who were his supporters and are all of a sudden shocked that he's not doing a good job.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:44 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,819,100 times
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/healt...nce/index.html

Old 07-20-2020, 06:57 AM

26,760 posts, read 26,869,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
That's a great article about why health officials have changed their minds about face mask guidance, especially for those who complain about masks because we were initially told that we didn't need to wear them if we were well.

“We have to understand that we are at war here. We are dealing with an enemy that is microscopic, something we can’t see,” Khodadadi said. “If we were in World War II we could see the airplanes coming, see the tanks, see the people running through the fields shooting at us. In this war we can’t see the enemy. It’s a surprise attack and the tools we have to fight this are our masks, properly worn masks, and keeping our hands clean.”

Gasping, afraid, alone. What it’s like to die a COVID-19 death:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ovid-19-deaths

Old 07-20-2020, 07:36 AM

For those arguing that mask (and other) enforcements aren’t happening, won’t happen, are too poorly defined to happen, that police and prosecutors won’t be willing to try to enforce ... etc.:

Hawaii has been arresting numerous residents and visitors for some time now and it is no long an outlier for doing so. Governments are reluctant because they prefer voluntary compliance, obviously. But now that the cases have been resurging at alarming rates many states and cities and individual companies are starting to put the hammer to work.

Home Depot has just announced it has changed its policy from asking customers to comply - to having designated mask enforcement employees at all stores nationwide.

And here’s a story about municipal enforcement arresting a couple who refused to sign a quarantine agreement in Kentucky, of all surprising places:

Couple in house arrest after refusal to quarantine for COVID-19

https://abc7.com/health/couple-in-ho...id-19/6323759/

Old 07-20-2020, 10:35 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,148,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
For those arguing that mask (and other) enforcements aren’t happening, won’t happen, are too poorly defined to happen, that police and prosecutors won’t be willing to try to enforce ... etc.:

Hawaii has been arresting numerous residents and visitors for some time now and it is no long an outlier for doing so. Governments are reluctant because they prefer voluntary compliance, obviously. But now that the cases have been resurging at alarming rates many states and cities and individual companies are starting to put the hammer to work.

Home Depot has just announced it has changed its policy from asking customers to comply - to having designated mask enforcement employees at all stores nationwide.

And here’s a story about municipal enforcement arresting a couple who refused to sign a quarantine agreement in Kentucky, of all surprising places:

Couple in house arrest after refusal to quarantine for COVID-19

https://abc7.com/health/couple-in-ho...id-19/6323759/

ABC story makes it way more compare to what it is. They got tested positive, honestly if they fought it i have a feeling they would have won it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California