Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 10:48 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
ABC story makes it way more compare to what it is. They got tested positive, honestly if they fought it i have a feeling they would have won it.
Your “feelings” really don’t register as much here, bub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 12:44 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Ok I went to the Etsy site looker linked to and looked at the mesh mask he was referring to (I think). It looks like an ok one to me. The outside is mesh but it's lined with 100% cotton.
COOLING MESH Washable Cotton-Lined Face Mask Double Layer | Etsy
I have some n95 masks, but I save them for medical appointments and such. I might get a couple of these for just out and about stuff.
I'll save those for when I ride the subway. I've read Metro North with ordinary masks.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:20 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
These are better. https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoldilocketsCo

Old 07-20-2020, 03:22 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
For those arguing that mask (and other) enforcements aren’t happening, won’t happen, are too poorly defined to happen, that police and prosecutors won’t be willing to try to enforce ... etc.:

Hawaii has been arresting numerous residents and visitors for some time now and it is no long an outlier for doing so. Governments are reluctant because they prefer voluntary compliance, obviously. But now that the cases have been resurging at alarming rates many states and cities and individual companies are starting to put the hammer to work.

Home Depot has just announced it has changed its policy from asking customers to comply - to having designated mask enforcement employees at all stores nationwide.

And here’s a story about municipal enforcement arresting a couple who refused to sign a quarantine agreement in Kentucky, of all surprising places:

Couple in house arrest after refusal to quarantine for COVID-19

https://abc7.com/health/couple-in-ho...id-19/6323759/
It's a standard tactic used on non-compliant people with highly contagious, harmful diseases. I hope that Californians are self-quarantining when known exposed or asymptomatic and infected, but hope solves nothing and there might be thousands still going out. It is logistically hard to do in a populous area, but it's necessary.

By the way, you're the one who attacked me for endorsing ankle-monitored house arrest for some party hosts. Considering that they'd possibly have been exposed and not dutifully get tested and wait at home for results - beyond the deterrence factor - you owe me an apology.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:00 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,986 times
A bit of good news........masks of course

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...s-15421250.php

Californians can get their hair done outdoors under new health order

Old 07-20-2020, 05:05 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,741 times
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...746811915?s=19

Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's a standard tactic used on non-compliant people with highly contagious, harmful diseases. I hope that Californians are self-quarantining when known exposed or asymptomatic and infected, but hope solves nothing and there might be thousands still going out. It is logistically hard to do in a populous area, but it's necessary.

By the way, you're the one who attacked me for endorsing ankle-monitored house arrest for some party hosts. Considering that they'd possibly have been exposed and not dutifully get tested and wait at home for results - beyond the deterrence factor - you owe me an apology.
I was one of many who ridiculed your ankle monitoring idea ... and no, I don’t owe you an apology. I didn’t endorse what was done in the Kentucky case in the article. I am simply pointing out that authorities can indeed force compliance if they so choose to do - despite that a couple posters here have been arguing enforcement isn’t happening and can’t.

That said, what you proposed was thousands of people be ankle monitored ... which I find ludicrously unnecessary and inappropriate and unmanageable.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:59 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
It means nothing, while i support Trump i will do my best to ignore mask mandate.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:41 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Wow,wait a minute i thought mask protected people from this virus. How did they get infected?
Seriously? How many times do we need to go through this with you?

Old 07-20-2020, 09:48 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The synthetic love doll? I guess some guys get off on them. Or did you mean the mask?
If love dolls keep people at home instead of jogging around my neighborhood without masks, then I'm all in favor of people occupying their free time with the love dolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California