Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2022, 07:31 AM

21,765 posts, read 16,410,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If people want to stick their heads in the sand and live in denial of Cali's decline, I cannot help that. Cali's already lost Congressional seats and Billions in current and future tax revenues. Just do an internet search of "California losing employers, or businesses", or "people moving out of California", and you'll see endless lists of articles about both.

The 1st phase of solving any problem is admitting it exists, and I'm hoping Cali can take that all important 1st step soon. It's too beautiful, and too important to let it go downhill any further, due to ignorance and/or stubborness regarding the facts I've laid out.
So, you continue to suggest that readers here should take seriously the blather of an anonymous poster who has never lived in the state, who can’t grasp even the simple arithmetic of 92,217 new businesses started up in one year, minus 10,000 businesses failed or leaving in three years, and doesn’t apparently understand that a one-time windfall-earnings cost of $11 billion paid to the federal IRS has no bearing on any state tax bill?

Um, lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. If the truth hurts, maybe do something about it.
Why not, if the messenger’s agenda is to ceaselessly troll misinformation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 07:38 AM

1,108 posts, read 531,023 times
so i guess you are a tax expert and Musk does not have to pay any state income tax? if thats true i am moving back and will start another business!

Old 01-11-2022, 07:45 AM

21,765 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
so i guess you are a tax expert and Musk does not have to pay any state income tax? if thats true i am moving back and will start another business!
Ah? Another poster who has no understanding of state vs federal taxes?

Musk DOES indeed pay state taxes, proportional to the time he spends in state (which continues to be considerable), and earnings he continues to take from his time in California. Look it up for yourself.

Heh.

But anyway, please don’t move back to California.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:14 AM

i understand too well how calif taxes work - i am still paying thousands taxes on LLC income - at least those tax grabbing dirtbags in Sacramento wont be getting my ss income tax or 401k money when i start withdrawals.

btw all income is taxed by calif if you live there 45 days or more - calif considers 45 days or longer you are a resident - taxes are not based on time spent -they tax capital gains of stocks as ordinary income

Old 01-11-2022, 08:25 AM

25,887 posts, read 12,918,172 times
Quote:
Aside what Elon Musk pays in taxes to Cali, the much bigger part of the picture is all the taxes his employees pay to Cali, his contractors, & anyone benefitting from the economic activitiy he generates.

THAT is what matters most...not what Elon pays. He was a Goose laying Golden eggs, & Cali chased him away, so now those remaining behind in Cali will need to make up those tax losses.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:47 AM

agreed and calif better keep a sharp eye he could just pull the plug and shut down space X and tesla and move the whole damn thing to tx - he has several locations with lots of space and the new car manufacturing building has room to double or triple

what i am pissed of is calif politicians only goal in life is to tax and steal money for those of us who made the sacrifices, worked our asses off, invested in our companies, took the risks and want more and more of our reward.
i just got sick and tired of their crap and got the hell out and still paying GD taxes to those criminals. it sickens me to watch how they spend our money on illegals, dumb ass projects like the train to no where, tell who and how to pay employees and bash me daily how i am not paying my fair share.

it just wears on you and i am alot happier being out of there. its not funny as i was born and raised there, my kids grew up there i made my money there but i just had enough of their crap and thousands of other like me are doing the same thing.

calif is living off taxes from capital gains, stock sales, housing sales etc - some day they will wake up and see actual income has gone bye bye from tax payers like me. it might not be next year but the day will come

Old 01-13-2022, 12:51 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,321,897 times
Its an interesting situation the state has a new building quota for localities to meet. I guess they think building more million dollar homes or home that only six figure a year could afford can resolve their homeless crisis. One would wonder if the state love the environment so much and frawn upon people using more than 55 gallons of water a day why keep adding to the over all burden. The construction sites are basically pouring water on the ground for dust control or otherwise. And would add thousands of more faucets over the years. Its like sweating the small stuff all while overlooking the bigger picture.

But they seem to be punitive at the little guys living here i.e water use while big users, industries, and big development continue to flood in the state.

I am beginning to think they have an agenda to make things and policies as punitive as possible to encourage people and firms who don't think progressively to leave and fill in the gap with far progressive folks. As they know the state could not sustain an ever growing population. As many others in the world still think its the land of fruit and honey.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:00 PM

on top of all that crap the state wants to impose fees for those of you have bought solar on your house of $8 kw installed so you can send the excess electricity back to the grid!

it never ends with the pukeas's in Sacramento - they beg you to install solar- give you state tax credits help finance the deals in many cases then years later have the balls to charge you a fee so you can send the excess power back. of course edison, pge and sdge all are backing the play!

you people are so screwed

Old 01-13-2022, 02:34 PM

130,643 posts, read 12,166,919 times
Quote:
i understand too well how calif taxes work - i am still paying thousands taxes on LLC income - at least those tax grabbing dirtbags in Sacramento wont be getting my ss income tax or 401k money when i start withdrawals.

btw all income is taxed by calif if you live there 45 days or more - calif considers 45 days or longer you are a resident - taxes are not based on time spent -they tax capital gains of stocks as ordinary income

California does not tax Social security

Old 01-13-2022, 03:01 PM

26 posts, read 22,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
California does not tax Social security
Haha, tax complainers are usually the ones with no tax knowledge whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California