Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 09:35 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
OK, we have an election coming up in November 2022. Don't vote for him. In the meantime, this recall debacle is costing the state some $246 million. And we have no idea as to who these Republican candidates are in bed with. Who's financing their campaigns? Where do they stand on the issues? They all say they want to cut taxes. How do they then pay for services? It's going to cost money to house the homeless, address climate change, fix our roads, etc.
PGE isn't the sole cause of all the fires burning in our state. Some are caused by lightning, some by arsonists, and some by carelessness of the public. It's all related to Global Warming, which the Republican Party denies as they're in bed with the fossil fuel industry. The entire Western portion of the United States is on fire as record temperatures are set. As for PG&E, their lines should all be underground in these vulnerable areas. Costly, Yes. Pass the cost on to the ratepayers in said areas. They want live in the forests, let them pay for it.
This recall debacle is nothing more than a power grab by the Republican Party as they are unable to present a platform that appeals to the majority of voters in California!
It's kind of amazing how much Newsom's defenders scream about $246 million but don't blink an eye at $40 billion in unemployment fraud or $200 million missing from CPUC for programs for the deaf, poor, and blind.

It's public information who funds their campaign and you can look up where they stand on issues.

Nobody said they are the sole cause of all the fires but their equipment has caused tens billions of damage and a lot of deaths. They're going to pass that cost on to everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 09:36 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visual_snacks View Post
Newsom is in bed with PGE, he's protecting them as they burn down cities and peoples homes, but its "safer".

I don't see how anyone can expect a small-government, free-market Republican to champion more regulations and tighter oversight on any corporation, including PG&E. It's not in their genes.

Last edited by Elliott_CA; 08-20-2021 at 09:53 AM..

Old 08-20-2021, 09:56 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't see how anyone can expect a small-government, free-market Republican to champion more regulations and tighter oversight on any corporation, including PG&E. It's not in their genes.
Not taking millions in bribes from them would help

Old 08-20-2021, 11:29 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
OK, we have an election coming up in November 2022.

And that election will still happen no matter what. *This* election we get to decide if Newsom keeps his job or not. The cost of having ALL elections is the cost of doing business in a democratic republic.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:35 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's kind of amazing how much Newsom's defenders scream about $246 million but don't blink an eye at $40 billion in unemployment fraud or $200 million missing from CPUC for programs for the deaf, poor, and blind.

It's because they can't actually find a valid defense of the guy's job, which is what the whole recall ELECTION is about.

Also, the difference between billions lost in fraud and the cost of an ELECTION isn't just a straight comparison of the two amounts. The difference between the money which is lost is that it's literally lost with zero benefit to anyone other than the crooks who stole it, whereas the money spent on an ELECTION benefits everyone.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:10 PM

316 posts, read 131,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

It's public information who funds their campaign and you can look up where they stand on issues.

Nobody said they are the sole cause of all the fires but their equipment has caused tens billions of damage and a lot of deaths. They're going to pass that cost on to everybody.
As pointed out before, you won't hear any criticism from the Kool aid drinkers. The best you'll get is "that's just politics", pathetic.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:01 PM

Well, they closed my Recall Circus thread, but no matter. The Circus Show shall go on: Over here, in this ring, Larry Elder claims he's the one who gave Snoop Dogg his very first joint and takes credit for kicking off his career. Video

Can there be a higher qualification to lead California than "I gave Snoop his first joint"?

I do question the veracity of Elder's claim, however. I'm pretty sure Snopp was tokin' the weed as a toddler, bottle of formula in one hand and a doobie in the other. I can't imagine it any other way.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:50 PM

316 posts, read 131,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Well, they closed my Recall Circus thread, but no matter. The Circus Show shall go on: Over here, in this ring, Larry Elder claims he's the one who gave Snoop Dogg his very first joint and takes credit for kicking off his career. Video

Can there be a higher qualification to lead California than "I gave Snoop his first joint"?

I do question the veracity of Elder's claim, however. I'm pretty sure Snopp was tokin' the weed as a toddler, bottle of formula in one hand and a doobie in the other. I can't imagine it any other way.
Weed. Successful black guy. Multimillionaire. Isn't this a plus for liberals? Not seeing the issue here.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:30 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Weed. Successful black guy. Multimillionaire. Isn't this a plus for liberals? Not seeing the issue here.
You're not seeing the issue regarding someone who's called climate change "a crock," who believes that there's no such thing as racism, who's vowed to get rid of a legal baseline for minimum wage, who thinks vaccine and mask mandates stand in the way of freedom. You've got to be kidding.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Until I hear Snoop Dogg confirm Elder's story that he kick started his career, I'm raising warning flags that Elder has megalomaniac tendencies boosted by self-promoting lies, you know, kinda like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California