Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 PM

4,081 posts, read 5,611,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Prop. 187 was one such hope, but we were summarily smacked in the face on that one.

I voted for prop 187 and used to feel the same way.

In retrospect, I'm glad it was ruled unconstitutional.
The state needs less uneducated people, Prop 187 would have done the opposite.
Denying education to children is not the the proper way to build a prosperous society.

The problem is with the teachers union, not children getting an education.

Illegal immigrants are paying property taxes just the same as anyone else occupying a residence.

A very bigoted thread I would say.

The tax bill on the property I used to own in CA has gone down over 50% in the last two years, if this is the norm I would think taxes would have to go up by 50% or spending cut by by 50%. We all know what the dem legislature wants/will do.

How about those govt pensions!!!! 90% of your highest yearly salary for life!!!???? Who's gonna pay that bill???!!!

Did I mention how glad I am that I don't live there anymore?

Last edited by nevergoingback; 08-22-2008 at 11:37 PM..

Old 08-23-2008, 01:03 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,677,908 times
so instead of trying to fix our $17 billion dollar deficit our "leaders" are busy trying to pass legislation banning driving with pets in your lap. This is why I hate the CA state legislature, they are the most incompetent idiots on the fact of the planet. And the funny thing is a republican is the one behind this nanny state bill, both parties completely clueless and are wasting our money. Vote them all out!

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > State -- Ban on driving with pet in lap advances; spay law rejected

Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM

63 posts, read 235,512 times
Yes...i agree! Marry the right people, get into the right social scene, and BAM you get elected!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 PM

10 posts, read 54,687 times
Happ
If your going to come on here and expect your comments to go un-noticed then think again.

"Repulicans in minority are causing problems in California".

So Dem, you blame Republicans when we are in the majority at national level and blame us when we are in the minority at the state level. Make up your mind. We don't raise sheep back in Texas, we raise Longhorn Steers. And California is full of sheep. Sheep are protected by sheepdogs, as I served your liberal butt for 8 yrs in the Army. Only the Pelossis of this world have themselves to blame. You dems created the environment that led to the largest migration of jobs and business leaving the state in the history of this state do the out rageous cost of doing business. You sheep are being slaughtered and don't even know it. Blame everyone else but yourself. Sounds just like the sorry Dems that bread Obama and probably you in Yankee liberal schools (I'll include UC Berkely too). That shows just how much the Dems have no answers when in the Majority and continue to throw stones at Republicans. Your laughable.

Hookem Horns

Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,614,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon110 View Post
Happ
If your going to come on here and expect your comments to go un-noticed then think again.

"Repulicans in minority are causing problems in California".

So Dem, you blame Republicans when we are in the majority at national level and blame us when we are in the minority at the state level. Make up your mind. We don't raise sheep back in Texas, we raise Longhorn Steers. And California is full of sheep. Sheep are protected by sheepdogs, as I served your liberal butt for 8 yrs in the Army. Only the Pelossis of this world have themselves to blame. You dems created the environment that led to the largest migration of jobs and business leaving the state in the history of this state do the out rageous cost of doing business. You sheep are being slaughtered and don't even know it. Blame everyone else but yourself. Sounds just like the sorry Dems that bread Obama and probably you in Yankee liberal schools (I'll include UC Berkely too). That shows just how much the Dems have no answers when in the Majority and continue to throw stones at Republicans. Your laughable.

Hookem Horns
For your information: California & 2 other states [Arkansas & New Hampshire] require at least a 2/3 vote on state budgets. Republicans hold 40% of the Assembly & 30% in the state Senate. People are very angry that the GOP are holding up the budget for the hundredth time & Arnold is furious with his own party. In times of fiscal stress every governor [mostly Republicans ie Reagan] raised taxes yet a stubborn bunch of idealists are holding out. The GOP can not afford to anger Californians since they are on shaky ground [and I don't mean earthquakes

Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM

10 posts, read 54,687 times
Default State Govt

You dems keep on doing the good work in California by driving out hard working citizens. Maybe someday you can have a California reunion in Austin Texas! Oh and now your comparing Ca to Ark? What next? You guys bought into the Holleywood personna of Arnold and now complain about the choice you made the time when dems where in the majority. Shows that CA is full of followers and no leaders. Enjoy the hype.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,677,908 times
Both democrats and republicans are incompetent and corrupt and if you can't see that then you're just as dumb as they are. Bush and Arnold have about the same approval rating, so it's not just Californians that complain about the choice they made a few years ago. Get real, most people are pissed off at both parties.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,186,750 times
How is this thread even still alive? Aren't politcally charged posts usually locked up on here, or at least banished to the politics forum? Especially when people rais arguments like 'you're as dumb as...'

Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroper33 View Post
I'm still scrathing my head as to HOW he got elected in the first place!
Because Governor "Grayout" Davis was that bad!

Old 09-09-2008, 03:32 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Illegal immigrants are paying property taxes just the same as anyone else occupying a residence.
But they are here illegally. It doesn't matter how much they pay in property tax... they shouldn't be here in the first place! They broke the law when they entered the country illegally.
(You do know what "illegal" means?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California