Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 26,440 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I posted last year about us possibly moving to the Fresno/Clovis area, and we are here. We are still in corporate housing and currently house-hunting.

We are looking at purchasing a home that is pretty far out east in Clovis (it's near Shaw and McCall).

My husband's only complaint about this location is that he doesn't think there are any good country clubs around for him to golf without having to drive 30 to 45 minutes. He would like to find one closer than north Fresno, where Copper River Country Club is (he does like Copper River a lot though). The only one we know of is Belmont Country Club, but he heard that the membership there is all quite a bit on the older side. Not that we're spring chickens...he is 51.

Any recommendations on golf country clubs that have more younger to middle-aged members? He needs to make some golf buddies!

Thanks!
Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,071,857 times
Been a while since I've been to any of the country clubs, so I'm not sure of the membership demographics these days around the area. I haven't been on any course in a good 10-15 years, other things have been drawing my time and interest.

Not really any club too close to the housing area you are looking into. Several small public courses but no country clubs.

Belmont of course you know about.
Belmont Country Club - Home Page

A little south of Belmont is Sunnyside CC. It sits back in an older tree lined neighborhood near Kings Canyon and Clovis and not many people think about it.
Sunnyside Country Club - Home

Just east of Woodward Lake is Ft. Washington CC, nice facility. I believe the active board is pretty much in the same age range that your husband and I find ourselves in (early to mid 50s). But I don't know about the overall membership age range.
http://www.fortwashingtoncc.org/

Copper River has been the club to join since it opened, my friends with current CC memberships are all out there.
Copper River Country Club Golf Tennis Fitness and Banquet Facilities

After that you are looking at northwest Fresno clubs like San Joaquin CC, Fig Garden or north of the river at Riverbend or Brighton Crest CC up at Friant.

Last edited by FresnoFacts; 12-01-2009 at 10:44 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 26,440 times
Thanks again FresnoFacts! I guess it's like he thought - not much out east...this is problematic. I like it out there because I like to ride and there are lots of "horsey" neighborhoods on that side of town. Unfortunately, not so with golf. Oh well. We'll agree on something eventually! Thanks for looking up all the info on the various clubs!

Jen

Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,417 times
Yep... Fresnofacts hit it... Fort Washington and Copper. Don't know much about Brighton Crest but that's worth looking into. P.S. - If you're moving to Shaw and McCall, be prepared for a drive to get to anything but open spaces.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,626 times
Smile Cost to join Belmont cc

Does any body know if Belmont cc is having a special on there dues

Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,534 times
I don't know. Have golfed there once when I was 17, and shot 120, haha.

Anyway their dues are online. Doesn't seem to be a membership drive going on.

Current Club Dues & Fees

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM

I was just curious and checked out Sunnyside Golf Club rates. They don't post online. I think Belmonts the nicer course though from what I've read and seen. I've never golfed Sunnyside Golf Club, just played tennis there a few times.

Sunnyside Country Club

Last edited by Senno; 02-17-2013 at 08:34 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 5,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybob54 View Post
Does any body know if Belmont cc is having a special on there dues
Yes they are. They have some great deals right now, especially on Young Executive (under 40) memberships.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy1 View Post
Yes they are. They have some great deals right now, especially on Young Executive (under 40) memberships.
That's good to know. I usually do my golfin at Hank's Swank.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,390 times
Belmont CC is a great club to join. They have just created special memberships to accomadate all age groups. Just give them a call and they can feel you in on them 559-251-5078. The course is in great shape and kept up as a country club should be. Your age would fit in fine, it is not just older members and the board is always looking for avenues for improvement. Try it you just might like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California