Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,717,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoOC View Post
LOL! I love Cambria also and would likely head straight there if it were just me. But it is a bit far for weekends back in the OC (once a month, I promised!) but a bigger concern is jobs for the daughter in what appears to be a pretty isolated little town? Which is also the concern with SLO, so much competition for every job suitable for young adults, tough enough to begin with in this economy.

That beaing said, I do plan on heading up as far as Cambria since we will be almost there anyway, just as a little side trip. I was not planning on heading as far as Paso because of the distance
If you look on a map, Paso is right across from Cambria connected by HWY 46. It's not that far. HWY46 between Paso and Cambria is a very nice drive, very pretty area. Your daughter could possibly find employment there, depending on what she's looking for, if you lived in Cambria. Yes, summers are hot. But, all I'm saying is if you drive to Cambria, Paso is close by just to look. Paso is nice. It has all your shopping needs and a nice downtown. It's a huge wine region, but if the heat concerns you, I'd say at least look for the employment possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM

11 posts, read 29,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Have you considered Los Osos? It's similar to Nipomo, but more scenic and away from the Santa Maria and Guadalupe element.

Alrighty Mr. CA Central Coast, I have found the perfect house on Craig's List, single family home in Los Osos, perfect size and in my price range. Could you please go lay across the driveway until I can actually retire so no one takes it before I get there?? Thank you!!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM

Sure You found one in your price range to purchase? There are some good buys in town. Considering how close we are to a gorgeous coastline, they're some good deals going on. Remember this about Los Osos. The numbered streets can have issues. Buy high, not anywhere where water might settle. Do not live in a low spot. When they slammed this town together, they didn't think about drainage. They town is also planning on building a sewer. Check into if you'd have to hook up or not. The majority of the lower priced homes are going to be required, they're the numbered streets. It's basically Baywood and 1st through 18th streets. Have you ever been here?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Some pictures are on city-data. Listed under Baywood-Los Osos.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,206 times
So whats happening with the perpetual sewar project. My in laws lived on 15th street until about 2000. There has been talk about the sewar project since I was at Cal Poly (grad 92)......
They never had any drainage issues that I know of....

Old 03-26-2010, 10:12 PM

A building moratoriam went into effect for most of Los Osos in 1988, because of the septic/nitrate issue. They've been talking about building a sewer for longer than that. Los Osos people are a different breed. The history of this issue is nearly worthy of a book.

As far as drainage. Drive around Los Osos after a medium to heavy rain. Areas of this town are prone to flood becuase of the lack of good drainage. Maybe six weeks or so ago, home's flooded here. With enough rain, you'll see mini lakes in parts of town. Basically, it's in the numbered streets.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 AM
R66

145 posts, read 419,612 times
North Carolina is thriving... A lot of Floridians movin there. I hear great things... mountains, beach, etc..

Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM

11 posts, read 29,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
North Carolina is thriving... A lot of Floridians movin there. I hear great things... mountains, beach, etc..
That's what I hear.

The up side: beautiful mountains, beaches, amazingly low housing prices, etc.

The downside: no one in NC seems to be from NC anymore. It really is being overtaken by transplants from other areas and seems to be losing it's identity and southern charm.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:19 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoOC View Post
That's what I hear.

The up side: beautiful mountains, beaches, amazingly low housing prices, etc.

The downside: no one in NC seems to be from NC anymore. It really is being overtaken by transplants from other areas and seems to be losing it's identity and southern charm.
it's always a good idea to mix up the gene pool as much as possible.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
it's always a good idea to mix up the gene pool as much as possible.
Come to Papa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California