Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
There is also a huge percentage of people who use that forum that have learned how to e-beg from the biggest e-beggar of all, Bob Wells. He does every electronic form of panhandling you can think of. If you need money, get a job, don't beg strangers for donations. I don't even consider him a real man because he begs for money like he does. He is no better in my eyes than the bums that sit at the end of the off ramps with a cup and s sign begging for change. That site is a training ground for people who are too lazy to get a job and choose to beg for money from old retired people who think they are doing a good deed by enabling the beggars.
Oddly, I can't think of a single person who regularly contributes to the forum discussions who is making money from YouTube. There are YouTubers who have been inspired by Bob, but they seldom show up in the forums.

And I've been following CheapRVLiving since the time when it was the VanDwellers email list.

The three van dwelling/travelers YouTubers that I send money to don't appear on the CVRL forums. I pay them ($5/month, $5/month, and $1/video) for their high-quality entertaining and informative content, which is a LOT less than, for instance, a cable subscription. Which I refuse to pay, because I find most TV is only marginally entertaining and dubiously informative.

Obviously, YMMV.

I'm really not sure why you think its terrible that people make money via the internet. Do you think it's terrible that people make money selling food? Do you think it is terrible that people make money by playing various sorts of ball games? Do you think it is terrible for people to make money by teaching classes?

Last edited by jacqueg; 09-08-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 02:54 AM

34,094 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
There is also a huge percentage of people who use that forum that have learned how to e-beg...
That site is a training ground for people who are too lazy to get a job and choose to beg for money ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm really not sure why you think its terrible that people make money via the internet.
The terrible part is that they've done it so well.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
The terrible part is that they've done it so well.
I guess!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:36 PM

354 posts, read 415,843 times
In regards to the stigma of RV's when I lived in Lake Havasu City for 14 years, I talked to many RV full timers. Many people retired with having large retirements and they traveled all over the US and their main concern was what happens when they get too old. Several of them retired in LHC.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:20 PM

943 posts, read 1,199,058 times
If you want to do a three year journey across North America (Canada, USA, Mexico) then of course, you'll be living in an RV full time because most "hotels" are shabby as hell regardless of price. Living in an RV isn't reserved just for the poor, and it shouldn't be a crime, like it is in Los Angeles county.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,742 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
In regards to the stigma of RV's when I lived in Lake Havasu City for 14 years, I talked to many RV full timers. Many people retired with having large retirements and they traveled all over the US and their main concern was what happens when they get too old. Several of them retired in LHC.
or... Escapees 'pre-final resting place'

"Rainbows End"
https://www.escapees.com/benefits/rv...rainbow-parks/

https://www.escapees.com/benefits/rv...livingston-tx/

https://www.escapees.com/community/c-a-r-e/

My mom used LHC as her '4th and 5th from the end' stopping off point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing