Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 04:23 AM

557 posts, read 673,255 times

Advertisements

I can't believe that many of you are seriously defending this ridiculous and primitive institution.

How to Become the British Monarch - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:23 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,940 times
What do you want people to say here? You are at 33 pages and Canadians still don't care or think it is a big deal. Perhaps this is a lost cause and you could find something a bit more productive to do.

Blah blah about democracy, aren't "we" Canadians allowed to not care about a subject? Or do you think that we should just submit to your own biased beliefs of what democracy is? Maybe we don't feel the need to live in a republic to have a democracy. It seems you do not accept this and want to impose your will here. Do you see the irony of that?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,731,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
It's an issue because there's a pending court case that was brought upon by your fellow Canadian immigrants who understand that such an oath goes against the principles of equality and democracy. You should support them and not be dismissive.
An oath is not even legally binding. Why take it so seriously?

When people get married, they also take an oath about not leaving each other rich or poor, well or sick. Nobody seems to complain "why do I have to promise that".

It is just an empty oath. If you can't deal with it, go for a "real democracy" then.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 AM

564 posts, read 1,040,796 times
I've never had to give this oath as I was born in this country, but if they suddenly said I had to swear allegiance to God and/or the Queen as a condition of citizenship, then I would not be a Canadian citizen anymore.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
What do you want people to say here? You are at 33 pages and Canadians still don't care or think it is a big deal. Perhaps this is a lost cause and you could find something a bit more productive to do.

Blah blah about democracy, aren't "we" Canadians allowed to not care about a subject? Or do you think that we should just submit to your own biased beliefs of what democracy is? Maybe we don't feel the need to live in a republic to have a democracy. It seems you do not accept this and want to impose your will here. Do you see the irony of that?
You are close to hitting the nail of the head. A review of all that person's posts shows an emotionally unbalanced person with a one track mind tending towards megalomania who is feeling threatened by anything non-American. He is fixated on his objectives of the Americanization of the whole world and a New World Order with America as the one and only established global government. In his mind there is a war happening between America and any other people/country that isn't exactly like America, doesn't think like America and won't submit to the total control that America will impose on the world. The rest of the world is his enemy. Nobody else's different opinions or ideals are of any importance to him, no matter how successful they may have proven to be.

Note I emphasize "in his mind" - I'm not saying that's really what America wants but that it's how he views America and the world and it's what he wants to see imposed on the rest of the world.

There is no arguing or reasoning with anybody who is obsessed like that and all the good sense in the world won't get through to him when it's something he doesn't want to hear. Like I said, a review of his posts will show you how single-minded and thick he is. The guy is a broken record. Lots of members on the board have already tried to reason with him over the past few months and have failed utterly. It's probably best to just ignore him.

Last edited by Zoisite; 07-19-2013 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You are close to hitting the nail of the head. A review of all that person's posts shows an emotionally unbalanced person with a one track mind tending towards megalomania who is feeling threatened by anything non-American. He is fixated on his objectives of the Americanization of the whole world and a New World Order with America as the one and only established global government. In his mind there is a war happening between America and any other people/country that isn't exactly like America, doesn't think like America and won't submit to the total control that America will impose on the world. The rest of the world is his enemy. Nobody else's different opinions or ideals are of any importance to him, no matter how successful they may have proven to be.

Note I emphasize "in his mind" - I'm not saying that's really what America wants but that it's how he views America and the world and it's what he wants to see imposed on the rest of the world.

There is no arguing or reasoning with anybody who is obsessed like that and all the good sense in the world won't get through to him when it's something he doesn't want to hear. Like I said, a review of his posts will show you how single-minded and thick he is. Lots of members on the board have already tried to reason with him and failed utterly. It's probably best to just ignore him.

THIS !

Although I might disagree to the extent you're attributing a mental characteristic that might excuse his behaviour through "he just can't help himself". I give him no such benefit of the doubt.

He's simply an azzhat who uses the supposed "superiority infused" posts of those calling a spade a spade, to unleash any kind of vitriolic nonsense upon any foreign country over any reason he can either find or manufacture for his personal entertainment with the constant repetitive, retarded "yeah but's".

He's not alone; there are at least two others with mildly similar traits and motives but who are slightly less dogged in their persistance of the "we're number one". They are even somewhat entertaining in their childish insistance over things ranging from music to tiddlywinks and are therefore quite tolerable.

They in no way exemplify your typical, average American, merely a disenfranchised, insignificant subset.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Canada does have a monarchy, therefore what I said was actually fact and what you said was false.

Once again, I acknowledge all of America's problems, yet many Canadians such as yourself refuse to admit that monarchy is a problem.
It seems to be a problem for YOU, not us. They have meds for OCD now; you may want to look into it.
They may help you sleep instead of tossing and turning in your sweat-stained sheets at night, gnashing your teeth and obsessing about Canadians and the Monarchy.
Very peculiar, indeed.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:37 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,463,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

There is no arguing or reasoning with anybody who is obsessed like that and all the good sense in the world won't get through to him when it's something he doesn't want to hear. Like I said, a review of his posts will show you how single-minded and thick he is. The guy is a broken record. Lots of members on the board have already tried to reason with him over the past few months and have failed utterly. It's probably best to just ignore him.

That's why I stopped dignifying his repeated trolls of the same viewpoints, which kind of reminded me of Animal Farm or mob-chanted slogans. It's basically a non-topic and he needs to go back under his bridge, as traffic is backed up a ways due to neglectful attendance.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme2015 View Post
The reason you don't see more people supporting them is were sick of having little by little taken away from us Canada is being changed and at some point we should have the right to say this is our country you want to come here great but you have to respect our ways of life and laws and not try to change it.
There's good and bad change. The end of monarchy is without question good change.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post

I had hoped that more Canadians would put more energy in supporting the ideals of democracy and equality, instead of finding different ways to be dismissive towards those who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada