Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 03:52 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,077,296 times

Advertisements

More seriously, I have about a foot of snow (20-25-30 cm?) that I have to clear from my driveway this evening.

Every window I look out of gives a fluffy picture postcard winter wonderland view.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:40 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,341,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I am a burly heterosexual male who is well over six feet tall. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to whether trans people or drag queens make me personally uncomfortable!

That said I do heed what many, many women say about feeling uncomfortable or even unsafe about trans women who are still often fully biological males (and may remain so for their entire lives) invading women's spaces and roles, including those that are supposed to be safe havens for females for reasons of security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
And you have a big mustache and can cut down trees without breaking a sweat, right?
Well. That is just NOT how I pictured Acajack at all!

Old 01-13-2023, 04:44 PM

Weather. It has been a pretty good winter here. We did have a couple of cold spells, but we've been having temps around -11C and supposed to be hitting 0C this week. Not much snow. Completely different from last year.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:50 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,070,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
And you have a big mustache and can cut down trees without breaking a sweat, right?
LOL.

Good one, that cracked me up laughing. You're probably right about that, too.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:56 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,580,451 times
Quote:
More seriously, I have about a foot of snow (20-25-30 cm?) that I have to clear from my driveway this evening.

Every window I look out of gives a fluffy picture postcard winter wonderland view.
Sounds beautiful.

Expecting company tonight? I just hope you don't clear it, and then have it snow overnight.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:58 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,580,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
That might be a good idea for a thread.

How do picture other posters?

In my minds eye, I picture you Netwit as having shortish dark hair, not too tall, and fierce ( fierce in the good sense ) looking eyes and a quick smile.

Old 01-13-2023, 05:02 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,578,386 times
Quote:

i just finished shoveling - took me two hours.

Old 01-13-2023, 06:43 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,824,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Since you are a lesbian, some of your views I find puzzling.

You are fine if they live discreetly and as long as they pass?

That is exactly what people still say today about people like you.

Anyway, you seem to be missing one critical fact. In Canada, things can be quite different. People have a live and let live attitude. That teacher you linked, does in my opinion seem disturbed, but that is just one person. If it was a lesbian doing what they did, does that prove that lesbians shouldn't teach?

Of course there will be issues, there are issues with all aspects of life. As the issues come up we deal with them.

Drag Queen story time. The vast majority of Drag Queens aren't trans. As a lesbian you should know this. Different topic, different thread.

As I mentioned, trans people have been fully protected in Canada since 2017. I don't think it's as much as an issue here as you like to think. We'll take the issues one by one and figure it out. Just like gay rights, or woman's rights. People with dissenting views can have them all they want, just so long as they don't act on preventing someone their rights.

Sorry if you're not getting the conflict here, as much as you seem to want. Acajack is a perfect example of a lot of Canadians attitudes. Ask reasonable questions, admit they might have some reservations, but still taking about dignity and respect and not sounding off about " mass delusion that threatens not just our existence but the existence of the classical tenets of western liberal traditions as well".

Really?
Ré the bolded:
1. No, we are NOT only accepted if we pass, yet most of us do. Those days are in the rear view mirror.
2. Drag is blackface for women; it's insulting and a sexually loaded mockery of females.
Just as only whites perform demeaning caricatures of blacks only males turn being female into a comedy act.
3.Yes, with cancel culture at it's core, transgenderism is a serious s threat to liberal values.

And as for anyone being surprised that I am gender critical and also homosexual perhaps the renowned gay Canadian author Allan Stratton might explain it better:

Stratton noted last year that the central ideological fixation of many transgender-rights activists is the negation of biological sex as a meaningful marker of human identity. The true source of sexual attraction, they will insist, isn’t the reality of sexed male and female bodies; but rather an abstract gender spirit lodged within our souls, which somehow broadcasts itself in a way that prospective romantic partners are able to sense and interpret. Stratton notes this mythology isn’t just flagrantly wrong. It’s also homophobic to such extent that it denies the sexually defined nature of gay identity. Moreover, this homophobic element can’t be excised from gender ideology without fatally undercutting the (typically unspoken) mission of many biologically male trans activists, since giving up this claim “would be to admit that a lesbian isn’t going to be attracted to a male body, no matter how many times she is assured that the body in question belongs to someone who identifies as a woman.”

For more info on the McGill event..
https://quillette.com/2023/01/12/fem...1hSUsjudgTK6SU

I shall now bow out gracefully.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 01-13-2023 at 07:07 PM..

Old 01-13-2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That might be a good idea for a thread.

How do picture other posters?

In my minds eye, I picture you Netwit as having shortish dark hair, not too tall, and fierce ( fierce in the good sense ) looking eyes and a quick smile.
Copy and paste in a new thread and I'll play. I can't figure out how to do that.

Old 01-14-2023, 06:07 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,077,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
No moustache on me, neither skinny nor fat.

Though I can quickly and easily grow either on request!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada