Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 01:00 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times

Advertisements

Yes, it most definately could be the cancer that dragged you down Jasper! I'm so glad you are feeling better now.

Yay for new boobs!!

Congratulations char! Onward and upward, nothing to hold you back now.

*waves* hey everyone!

I'm still hanging in there. I'm still on Xeloda 7 days on, then 7 days off. My tumor marker has always been reliable and it's going up so I expect a treatment change. I see my MO this Tuesday.
I've got osteomyelitis of the jaw, so I'm waiting for a call from the oral surgeon. I've had this since March. I've been bounced from one doctor to the next. I'm on clindamycin, have been since May. It's nuts. I hope it gets resolved soon, I'm tired of the pain.
Not that it's stopped me! LOL I'm still barrel racing. I've been ziplining and whitewater rafting. I loved it! I hope to go again before it gets too cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Well, I was better, back to Doctor next week, and got an infection from being worn down, you know things are not so great when the pharmacist has seen you so much in the last three weeks that they know yyour name.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:22 AM

Sorry to hear you got an infection Jasper.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:46 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Yikes sorry about the infection Jasper. Sometimes it feels like one thing after another.

Chele you may be the busiest person I know. Hate to hear that your tumor marker numbers have gone up but your attitude about it is amazing. You are unstoppable! You know I am dying to try ziplining. Maybe next spring...

I am so sore... and I am sick of being sore... I am not a patient patient! Trying to eat well, and find that happy place between moving enough for exercise but not so much that I make myself feel worse.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Do it Christina! Ziplining was so much fun! I didn,t use to be a patient patient either. Practice makes perfect I guess. Bleh. You'll find your balance. Ya, I do a lot, but there are also days I do nothing, like today. I did a lot of yard work yesterday so I'm veggingout today. Tomorrow I have a three hour drive to Wichita to meet an internet friend. I'll see the oral surgeon Monday morning then drive home.
A cancer friend calls it "normal time". The rest of the world is on "normal time", we cancer patients are not. There is so many things left to do, we're in a hurry to do it all before we run out of time.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Yes, it most definately could be the cancer that dragged you down Jasper! I'm so glad you are feeling better now.

Yay for new boobs!!

Congratulations char! Onward and upward, nothing to hold you back now.

*waves* hey everyone!

I'm still hanging in there. I'm still on Xeloda 7 days on, then 7 days off. My tumor marker has always been reliable and it's going up so I expect a treatment change. I see my MO this Tuesday.
I've got osteomyelitis of the jaw, so I'm waiting for a call from the oral surgeon. I've had this since March. I've been bounced from one doctor to the next. I'm on clindamycin, have been since May. It's nuts. I hope it gets resolved soon, I'm tired of the pain.
Not that it's stopped me! LOL I'm still barrel racing. I've been ziplining and whitewater rafting. I loved it! I hope to go again before it gets too cold.
Quote:
Do it Christina! Ziplining was so much fun! I didn,t use to be a patient patient either. Practice makes perfect I guess. Bleh. You'll find your balance. Ya, I do a lot, but there are also days I do nothing, like today. I did a lot of yard work yesterday so I'm veggingout today. Tomorrow I have a three hour drive to Wichita to meet an internet friend. I'll see the oral surgeon Monday morning then drive home.
A cancer friend calls it "normal time". The rest of the world is on "normal time", we cancer patients are not. There is so many things left to do, we're in a hurry to do it all before we run out of time.

YOU ALL inspire me so much. No, I don't have cancer(yet--hey ya never know what life has in store for ya) but I DO keep you CD members in my thoughts and prayers.
Ziplining is something everyone should do.........but it's kinda like that food--what was it??--you can't eat just one?? LOL........ziplining is like that--kind of addicting

Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Quote:
I love this!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM

First place! We had a barrel race today. I won first place in the 3D! It was fun.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Yay! Congrats to you.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks SouthernBelle. Just living to spite cancer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer