Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 12:04 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,787,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Just got the call. BENIGN! No cancer cells. They do want to do another mammogram in 6 months, but that’s standard after a biopsy.

Hoping the OP gets the same news.
Congratulations!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 12:13 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Congratulations!!!
Thank you! And thanks for your well thought out, informative and supportive posts in this thread. It means so much when people take the time to post and encourage others going through a tough time.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 01-30-2020 at 12:22 PM..

Old 01-30-2020, 12:28 PM

264 posts, read 190,766 times
I'm so happy for you!!!! I haven't heard anything yet. I can log in to the portal of the place the biopsied me and I do see a report time stamped when I left there, but I have a client to head to and couldn't bear to open it yet. It could just say they performed the biopsy.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitis456 View Post
I just had a rescan of my left breast today and they said I have mini-calcification's, and are recommending a biopsy. I always get a traditional mammogram and an ultrasound at the same time. The ultrasound tech told me the cysts I've had the last two years have all disappeared so I was thrilled until I got the comeback call.

Apparently I've had calcifications for years but this is the first time they've found something concerning. I seem to remember being called back once in the past.

They said most are round, but I have more this year and a couple look irregular and that's where we are. Seems to be only one breast.

I'm pretty freaked out! Waiting on the call for the biopsy appointment.

I've had two friends die from cancer in the past two years, one very unexpectedly and I'm still reeling from that.
Had the same thing for years, but never was it suggested I have a biopsy. I did have one cyst drained one time, years ago. Hope all goes well and we will be watching to hear what the biopsy showed. As I said I didn't have to have one but did have to go for repeated check ups every 6 months for a few years.

Last edited by nmnita; 01-30-2020 at 12:43 PM..

Old 01-30-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I'm so happy for you!!!! I haven't heard anything yet. I can log in to the portal of the place the biopsied me and I do see a report time stamped when I left there, but I have a client to head to and couldn't bear to open it yet. It could just say they performed the biopsy.
Sending ((hugs)) and positive thoughts your way.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Sending ((hugs)) and positive thoughts your way.

Thanks! I just got home and opened the report. As I suspected, it was just a summary of the procedure, and that it was sent out to pathology. I'll be contacting my doctor tomorrow.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Thanks! I just got home and opened the report. As I suspected, it was just a summary of the procedure, and that it was sent out to pathology. I'll be contacting my doctor tomorrow.
We are all waiting for a favorable report from you. Keep us posted. I know you will.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:40 PM

I am ready to scream at someone. I've got a client hounding me about stuff, that I am seriously trying to work on, I've got another client who had deadlines today who is MIA, and the doctor
has
not
called
me
back

It's 2:40 on a Friday and it's my experience that they don't work long on Fridays. Not a happy camper! I called them after 1pm and got the standard: "We'll have the nurse get back to you today". I'm really trying to be good and wait it out but I just yelled at one of the cats for nothing, this is really taking a toll on me.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:47 PM

I’d call again and insist they tell you exactly when you can speak to whomever can give you the results. It’s unacceptable that you should have to spend another minute worrying much less the entire weekend.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:00 PM

Called again - they stop working at 4:45, my note is still sitting there with a subject of "patient is anxious". Too bad I finished all the chocolate. I think I will feed the cats so they stop pacing, because I can't pace while they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer