Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,220,437 times

Advertisements

I just saw my PS today as well for my follow-up on the exchange surgery that was on Dec 1st. All is well. It is taking a little getting used to (you will see what I mean) but I am very happy with the results. Now for my 6 mos check-up with all the other doctors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,215,767 times
Bravo to both of you!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Just read this thread as I'm facing breast cancer too. My next step is to get an MRI and then see where it goes from there.
SunnyDee-I'm so happy to hear that you are now cancer free and that there are so many 'warriors' on this forum.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Sorry you are having to face this Song. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Just had my 6 mo. check-up today and all is going well w/ me. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks poltracker. Glad your checkup went well.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
Songinthewind7, I'm so sorry you are facing breast cancer. I know how scary it is to be diagnosed and how confusing it can be. If there is anything I can do to help you don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be honored to help.

Poltracker, I am so happy that you are pleased with your reconstruction. I just had my second fill up, two ounces, and I'm pretty excited about having something there again. The surgeon told me that I'm doing great and I'm feeling really positive about the future.

Once again, thank you everyone for all of your kindness, support, and words of encouragement. You are the best!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Songinthewind7, I'm so sorry you are facing breast cancer. I know how scary it is to be diagnosed and how confusing it can be. If there is anything I can do to help you don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be honored to help.

Poltracker, I am so happy that you are pleased with your reconstruction. I just had my second fill up, two ounces, and I'm pretty excited about having something there again. The surgeon told me that I'm doing great and I'm feeling really positive about the future.

Once again, thank you everyone for all of your kindness, support, and words of encouragement. You are the best!
Great to hear back from you! Bet you are a bit soar after that fill-up. It gets better, keep your eye on the goal. I'm trying to work out and be ready for the Avon walk for breast cancer in April. Don't know if I'll make 40 miles but I'm hoping to make at least 20.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 PM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Will you be having an MRI? At the Cleve Clinic, where I was treated, an MRI comes before a lumpectomy. In my case it revealed a couple more spots of cancer so the decision to have a mastectomy was made for me.
Don't be afraid of a lumpectomy because of radiation. Although time consuming, radiation treatment does not have any significant side effects.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:23 PM

My radiologist told me that I could either have chemo and shrink my tumors or get a masectomy but he also told me that the survival rate is much higher in women that have as many tumors as I do to go ahead and get the masectomy. Sunnydee, sounds like you made the right decision for you.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
Great to hear back from you! Bet you are a bit soar after that fill-up. It gets better, keep your eye on the goal. I'm trying to work out and be ready for the Avon walk for breast cancer in April. Don't know if I'll make 40 miles but I'm hoping to make at least 20.
I've been wanting to do that for years but don't have a city close by. Now that I"ve got it, it makes me want to fly somewhere and walk, walk, walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer