Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times

Advertisements

Me three!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Not sure if it has been obvious but I have been a little withdrawn the last couple of days...not really saying much--I've had some problems going on. Besides my brothers visit I've been having OL problems. So it was back to the vet today. Once again she couldn't eat because of her mouth being tender. Oh the worry and stress and then DH get jealous of my attention to her--weird really! I've been spending so much time just trying to get some food in her--poor baby--and she acts starved and tries so hard to eat. Just heartbreaking! So at the vet today..another shot and he said she is in fact healing but her tongue has the infection now so it is really bothering her. Another shot and home again. I am learning to feed her through a syringe just for this week as the Dr said it should heal up fine in a week. I did explain I do not want my cat in any pain and he assured me this can be taken care of with some time and patience. So I made up some gruel with her cat food and some liquid and we did horrible the first time. Here I always though I knew so much about feeding baby critters--I do but there is always more to learn. A grown cat is so different from a kitten for syringe feeding--learn something new everyday. By the second time we have it down pretty good. I used utube for some good advise and directions. It's not perfect but we'll get it. It also gives her and I our own time together! DH is just going to have to deal with sharing my time. Last night I was so exhausted from no sleep I feel asleep so early and he feels alone/lonely. I can only do what I can do and I really do try to do my best. I am ready for a good nights sleep tonight and hopefully a new start to a new day that will be a positive day! Fingers crossed!
Night all............

Last edited by cynwldkat; 04-29-2013 at 07:34 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
cyn did you try putting a rubber tube on the end of your syringe then stick the rubber tube down her throat a bit more than just in the mouth? Smearing a little butter on the rubber tube first will help ease it down her throat a bit. Sorry she isn't getting any better and DH is stressing I'm sure he is sorry OL is sick too. Hugs girlie.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Cyn - I am sorry OL cat is having difficulty.....but it sounds like it is a temporary thing and she will get better....WOW......at her age! Some minor difficulty and she is going to be fine.......JUST LIKE YOU ARE!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:49 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Hope today is better cyn. Just do what you can do.......that is all anyone can do.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning Cyn and friends!
Hoping OL will feel better soon!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times

Good morning cyn and friends.............

Sorry about OL cat and I know how heart breaking it is but she is older. So you can do what you can with what you have.
You are a good mommy to her

Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Hello everyone and thank you for all the kind thoughts. OL is being OL and doing pretty good. Now I have fed baby parrots, skunks, squirrels, raccoons you name it with syringes so why in the world is this so difficult with OL? Maybe I'm just out of practice or she is just so spoiled but my goodness she can make a mess! Now as for me and how I am doing, well we won't even go there. But I did wake up and I am still taking my Zoloft and it is getting easier on my system--don't know how much good it is doing but I haven't jumped off a bridge yet so I suppose that is a good sign.
Yes elston-do what I can do.....
Have a great day everyone!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, folks.

Poor OL...I bet she appreciates your attention and love.

Hang in, my friend, and hugs to you.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times

Good morning cyn

Up at 4AM.......oh well.........may as well stay up. LOL

I'll be getting a lot done this morning.

Hoping you, hubby and critters are okay. Thinking of OL kitty and lucky this little baby is to have you for a mom. All about love.

Happy Wednesday and May 1st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving