Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

yes my dear friend TL! Power remains on so far--and God willing it will stay on. We are still getting hit hard! Snow is pretty deep...sadly one of my outside kitties decided he wanted a snack and caught a little bird which of course I did my best to save--running like some kind of idiot through a blizzard in deep snow in my bedroom slippers--a sight to be seen for sure! Smile. The Little bird was hurt but still I put him in the berry bushes so God willing he will survive--I did my best! My cat was not happy--but that is life! The snow is starting to turn to sleet......but they say it is just for a short period. The flakes have been huge and beautiful really.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 03:53 PM

Even the outdoor cats don't want to eat--I will be so happy when this is over!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:11 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
The critters will be just fine.....they are survivors! Don't worry about things that you don't have to worry about.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:20 PM

Thank you elston...I really needed to hear that. I do know it but forget during stressful times like this. You know the critters play a large part of my life especially now so I do tend to worry when really it is not necessary! They are snug and warm and eating is not on their priority list I guess.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:31 PM

That's right cyn.....your critters will be just fine.....those outdoor ones know what to do.....(including catching an occasional song bird.....sad....but it is what cats do when they live outdoors).

I know how you feel about your critters....(and all animals).....I have much the same sensitivities. But I urge you not to worry about things that don't need or which you cant change. There is such a thing as "compassion fatigue" or burn out....and it is the last thing you need at this point. Keep your priorities straight....take care of yourself and your DH and the indoor critters who are dependent on you----those outdoor kitties will fare just fine and your dog in his house with food is going to be fine too.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Yes, you are correct elston--just need to hear that sometimes. And I for sure could be one that could easily become burned out from just to much compassion especially with regards to things I have no control over. I will take care of what is in my home and of course always keep all my critters cared for but not to the point of stressing about it or at least try! Smile! Thank you my dear caring friend!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:16 PM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((cyn)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))

we are both at risk of "loving not wisely but too well" as the bard of avon put it.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Just stopping by to see how things are going. I hope you still have power, Cyn. Here's a hug for ya, girl. (((((Cyn/DH)))))

Old 02-13-2014, 09:51 AM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Just stopping by to see how things are going. I hope you still have power, Cyn. Here's a hug for ya, girl. (((((Cyn/DH)))))
Same here. Hoping that we haven't seen you online yet because you're busy with other things but nothing bad!

And I'll get in line behind NMS with another hug for you, ((((CYN and DH))))).

Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 AM

Good morning my friends! Had a horrible start to my day--slipped on the ice/snow when I went out to put some dry food for the outside kitties. Wish I had just fallen down but no I had to fall against a wrought iron chair across my chest and bad shoulder--ouch! Really hurts. Probably in for a lovely bruise. One of my outside kitties has some blood in his urine--never a good thing--so I gave him some antibiotics and just pray it will do the trick. He'll have to take them for about 12 days and then we will know. DH got mad at me for getting hurt--like I tried! Ha! I know he is just scared if something happens to me what will happen to him? Well I won't let anything happen to me. I'm a pretty tough old broad! I'm holding my breath on the power here--getting anything and everything done that requires water like laundry, shower etc just in case it goes out. We are on a well and without electricity we lose that with everything else and it is snowing harder then ever right now! I am stressed to the max--no beyond the max...guess it's a test??? I can't even get my back door open! No, this is not much fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving