Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 03:27 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times

Advertisements

I'm going to give Hospice one more plug, cyn.
Even if you just call and ask them what they can do...not just for your husband..but also for you.

There is even a chaplain on staff as well as a social worker that are there just to talk to, if that's what would help.
Perhaps if he knows that having them come in will be a great help to you and that it is not just for people who are a week or two away from dying and to make dying more comfortable but are there to make living as easy as possible, he would be more receptive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 05:10 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Thank you old_cold--definitely something to think about. I sure could use something right abut now....this is harder then I could have ever imagined.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Time for me to try to get DH to eat something---I have a variety of things for him to try--meantime I have a horrible tooth ache just what I need right now. Timing is everything! So a good night to my supporters and dear friends.....have a lovely evening all!

Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Good Night cyn......you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 AM

Thank you as always elston!
Good morning friends.
Another cloudy day with storms heading our way--snow and ice--again!
Have to postpone getting the peg in for DH until this weather clears up as it is just to dangerous to drive on these roads in our truck on ice! They keep the major roads cleared pretty well but we just don't live near any major roads so just getting to them is the hard part.
Last night was much better---I fell asleep at around 9pm in my chair and we went to bed around 12pm. DH has been enjoying the Olympics so he stays up a bit later---I enjoy them to some degree but not as much as usual--- No time to sit and watch them except in the evenings and then I'm to tired! I catch the highlights.
Have a nice Monday everyone.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,977 times
Dear Cyn, I hate what you're having to go thru with your husband. I will second the suggestion for Hospice. We had to use them in Jan 2012 and again June 2013. They were the kindest, most understanding and caring people in every aspect. In fact, not only did they take very good care of our loved ones (IL's) two of them have become personal friends. Here's a big hug. We're gonna get part of that snow and ice that is headed your way. Hope Georgia is much better prepared than they were a couple of weeks ago.

Peachy

P.S. I still look like a sand truck ran over me full force!

Old 02-10-2014, 01:07 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, all. So sorry I haven't been around the past several days. Sometimes life just gets in the way, you know.

Peachy, I hope you're feeling better than you say you look. Be careful!

Cyn, these past few days, when I thought about CD, I worried about how you and DH were doing. I guess I kind of felt like something was wrong. Like the rest of your friends, I'm sorry to hear your news and hope that you can manage to have hospice come in and help. They were a big relief to my friend Fred when Marge was ill with Alzheimers. They're akind, caring group and I know you wouldn't regret it for a minute.

Take care. I hope to be back more often.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:49 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you as always elston!
Good morning friends.
Another cloudy day with storms heading our way--snow and ice--again!
Have to postpone getting the peg in for DH until this weather clears up as it is just to dangerous to drive on these roads in our truck on ice! They keep the major roads cleared pretty well but we just don't live near any major roads so just getting to them is the hard part.
Last night was much better---I fell asleep at around 9pm in my chair and we went to bed around 12pm. DH has been enjoying the Olympics so he stays up a bit later---I enjoy them to some degree but not as much as usual--- No time to sit and watch them except in the evenings and then I'm to tired! I catch the highlights.
Have a nice Monday everyone.
Sleeping through the Olympics is good. I can't begin to count the number of evening/night Olympic events I have slept through over the years- for that matter, I usually sleep through anything that's on the TV in the evenings. You can catch the highlights later on, if you want to, and your rest is more important than keeping up with the Olympics.

Glad to hear last night was better for you and DH....

Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. I hope that you get a reprieve from the snow and ice.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM

Good morning my dear friends and supporters!
Today will be yet another test of my strength--but now it is weather related. I just pray we don't get what is predicted and it misses us at least a little. I'm concerned..scared really. We already have to much snow to get out so we are stuck here! I never knew we may need 4-wheel drive to live here. I'm just doing my best by preparing for the storm as best as I can. I just pray we don't lose our electric again--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving