Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 04:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times

Advertisements

I am so upset with myself--I forgot all of what I needed to get at the store...DH was really tired because he slept poorly last night so all I could think of was getting home ASAP so he could relax. I didn't get a few things I sure could have used but we will survive and he will in no way go back to town now. Tomorrow is another day I guess. Just made me mad that I could forget-- I also put off cleaning the litter boxes while the weather was pretty warm and now it's back to cold and I have to clean them before Thursday--ugh. Maybe we'll get a warm day break--I hope! All in all this is one day I could have done without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 05:31 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
If you put these things in perspective........well.....they don't really deserve your attention. You did the right thing to get DH home so he could rest....everything else can wait till another day.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:57 AM

Good morning friends!
Once again you are correct elston. I will get those things done today---and the world didn't come to a screeching halt because of it! Smile! Doesn't take much lately to set me off it seems...got to work on that. One day at a time.....

Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 AM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
I am glad that you understood my message. Don't let the business (busy ness) of daily life take over and keep you from focusing on that which is really important. Yesterday...it was your husband and his fatigue and need to rest.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM

Yep--this house will still be here tomorrow...but I never know that about my DH and that is where I need to focus my attention!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yep--this house will still be here tomorrow...but I never know that about my DH and that is where I need to focus my attention!
Amen, Cyn- and remember to be gentle with yourself, even indulgent a little, too! You deserve it and you'll go farther that way.

(((Cyn and DH)))))

Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,317,834 times
Big hugs Cyn.
Sorry I don't post here much these days, but you know that you are on my mind. Love you!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:53 PM

I sure understand Sudcaro--my goodness, you have so much going on with Miranda---please give her a hug from me! Love ya back girl!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Good morning friends!
Another damp cloudy rainy day here....but it is suppose to warm up!
Our electricity went our for 4 hours yesterday--had us a little nervous with all of my DH's equipment running on electricity. Even with battery back-up that only lasts a few hours so was very happy to see it come back on!

Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,966 times
Good morning, Cyn and friends. We woke up to drizzling rain but now the sun is out and we're supposed to have a pretty good day here, a lot different from last week when we were all snowed in with our 2" of snow! Cyn, you are doing a great job with everything you are having to deal with. I've never had to deal with a seriously sick spouse except for the time he had pneumonia and nearly drove me crazy, but I've got to give it to you. You are an amazing woman and even amazing women can do just so much for others and then they have to take a little time for your self. Take a break, look at your babies playing with each other, and as my mama used to say, wipe those tears and put on some red lipstick (that never worked for me and to this day I don't wear lipstick of any color). But, you can read between the lines. As sick as your husband is, he is really just a scared little boy, worrying about what's going on with him and wanting to take care and protect you. He can't do that in any way, shape or form, but he wants to and that is probably where a lot of his frustration is coming from. I know I'm all over the place here, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Due to our pleasant little snow storm last week, I look like I have been in a bar room brawl. I slipped on some ice on our patio and the entire left side of my face is an array of colors, complete with a black eye John Wayne would have been proud of. I have bruises from my elbow to my hands on my left arm and a patch of raw skin (think rawhide and bloody bones) on my arm. So, I'm thinking I will take the prize for looking the worse today and will look like this for a while, so I'm gonna hole up in the house for a few days. Hope this little story makes you smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving