Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,664 times

Advertisements

So sorry for your loss 940 . But I'm glad that you were able to be with your dad before he passed. To me, that is a huge blessing for both your father and you! My prayers are with you as you prepare for the funeral and try to help your Mom cope with your dad's passing.

May God's peace and grace be with you all!

Big hugs,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Thank you, HDL...and everyone else who prayed for Dad and wished him the best. My Dad passed Wednesday night about 8pm. Mom, my sister and I were there sitting with him all day Wednesday and I could tell he was a bit more restless and looked to be in some pain but still slept a lot. He even called out my name during one of his short awake moments. He passed a few hours after we left...we went back and sat with him for a few hours until the funeral home came. I know he is in a better place now with no pain...we miss him so much and don't want to be selfish as we know he was hurting.

Keep us in your prayers, especially these next few days before the service and afterward when everyone is gone and Mom is by herself. I think it will be especially hard for her with Dad gone now and no one here with her. Thank you...xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
940 My condolences to you and your family during the loss of your father. It will be hard once everybody goes back home & the reality sets in so keeping y'all in prayer.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
Sorry to hear of your loss 940... He is in a better place for sure looking down on you with hope..IDK you but wishing you and your family the best through your difficult time. And as always wishing everyone here well and thank you for the kind posts.
Cyn hope your well and doing the best you can..I've got some catching up to do but wish everyone peace..

Old 01-25-2014, 07:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
I am so sorry 940 but at least you did get to spend some very important time with him. Now he is watching over all of you!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:57 AM

Good morning friends. Got home early this morning with DH's step daughter. I'm hoping this is a good visit---I know it is much needed for them both. He was with her mother before she was born so it's the only dad she knows! Anyhow I can see the hurt and concern in her eyes as she talks to her dad and sees how difficult his life has become. I'm praying for a wonderful visit.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
I hope the visit goes well Cyn...will be thinking about you and family. Sending some good karma your way!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Thank you brienzi! It's been quite emotional....lots of tears...his step daughter has had an interesting past, not good but you know, she is here and loves my DH as if he was her real father (he was with her since the day she was born). She grew up in a school of hard knocks but has pulled herself out of some bad situations and I'm proud of her for that.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:59 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Thank you, HDL...and everyone else who prayed for Dad and wished him the best. My Dad passed Wednesday night about 8pm. Mom, my sister and I were there sitting with him all day Wednesday and I could tell he was a bit more restless and looked to be in some pain but still slept a lot. He even called out my name during one of his short awake moments. He passed a few hours after we left...we went back and sat with him for a few hours until the funeral home came. I know he is in a better place now with no pain...we miss him so much and don't want to be selfish as we know he was hurting.

Keep us in your prayers, especially these next few days before the service and afterward when everyone is gone and Mom is by herself. I think it will be especially hard for her with Dad gone now and no one here with her. Thank you...xo
My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your Dad. He's in no more pain and in a better place, and now knows the secrets of the universe. As much as you know this, it's still your loss, as you miss his physical presence and the unique qualities that made him the man you knew and loved.

I'm sure you will always treasure the time you had with him, and may you and your family draw strength and solace from the memories and love you shared with your Dad...

My continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family....

Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you brienzi! It's been quite emotional....lots of tears...his step daughter has had an interesting past, not good but you know, she is here and loves my DH as if he was her real father (he was with her since the day she was born). She grew up in a school of hard knocks but has pulled herself out of some bad situations and I'm proud of her for that.
I can imagine that this visit will do more good for both your DH and his stepdaughter than any of us can possibly imagine. And for your spirit too, Cyn, as you share the bond they have with each other.

I hope this visit will bring some much needed solace and comfort to all of you. And some much needed respite for you, too.

((((Cyn, DH and stepdaughter)))))))

Old 01-25-2014, 11:40 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Hello cyn glad you made to the airport & home safely good to know things are going well. Just don't add extra stress to yourself she came to see her dad not your house. I know you'll be a wonderful hostess.

How is the new granddaughter & family doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving