Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I think it's simply because she knows you will feed her..
Macrina, from your lips to God's ears. I hope so. I just find it so unusual that a cat won't eat by herself. She just doesn't seem to be interested in food anymore, and there are times I have had to really run after her. Molly will see me coming, know it is time to eat, and take a flying tail up the stairs. I think I am more out of breath then she is, the little minx! I gather her in my arms, carry her back down stairs, put her on the counter, and feed her.

As long as the rest of her "life" seems normal, this I won't get grey hair over. What is, is. Gee, I've been saying that a lot lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I think it's simply because she knows you will feed her..
Macrina! You brought me luck! Thank you!

Instead of feeding Molly tonight the raw tonight as I usually do.....scoop my fingers of my right hand in the raw , gently open Molly's mouth with my baby finger of my left hand, lean her head back, and put the food in her mouth.......I did something different. I scooped the raw on my fingers and brought the food to Molly's mouth and voila! She ate from off my finger tips! She ate!

Now, I don't know if she is doing all this because she likes the individual attention, which is not easy to get if you are a feline in this house most days, or she likes the "taste" of my fingers along with the food, BUT, she ate all by herself! Oh, Macrina, I wish I could hug you!

(((HUGS)))

.......Molly has eaten canned food from off my fingers, but never the raw. This is a first! Oh, yeay!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:38 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Macrina! You brought me luck! Thank you!

Instead of feeding Molly tonight the raw tonight as I usually do.....scoop my fingers of my right hand in the raw , gently open Molly's mouth with my baby finger of my left hand, lean her head back, and put the food in her mouth.......I did something different. I scooped the raw on my fingers and brought the food to Molly's mouth and voila! She ate from off my finger tips! She ate!

Now, I don't know if she is doing all this because she likes the individual attention, which is not easy to get if you are a feline in this house most days, or she likes the "taste" of my fingers along with the food, BUT, she ate all by herself! Oh, Macrina, I wish I could hug you!

(((HUGS)))

.......Molly has eaten canned food from off my fingers, but never the raw. This is a first! Oh, yeay!!!!!!
This ^^ ! ((Hugs)) I hope things begin to go a little easier now!

I also have an idea that because of the trauma recently in her illness, Molly may not be 'remembering' her former healthy times very well, but rather is cueing off what has recently occurred. In this vein, is it possible that all Molly "knows" is your feeding her? Just wondering.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Garden!!! Ok, today I reply to you as I had way too busy a wkend tending to needs around here.

I am thrilled for this lil lady, Molly, as she continues to astound despite all these bizarre twists & turns. I have enough my hands full w/ my lil gal, let alone the confounding variables Molly throws at you. But I still maintain, that the privilege you have helping her to health is a gift bestowed from Above.

In no way are you alone w/ Molly (even after the hundreds here pulling for her health w/ you) but God is watching -- & giving you what He knows YOU can handle. Others may not handle this well but I know, no matter how much effort required, you will rise to occasion & answer the bell. (Ok, I am cliche filled today, huh?)

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
This ^^ ! ((Hugs)) I hope things begin to go a little easier now!

I also have an idea that because of the trauma recently in her illness, Molly may not be 'remembering' her former healthy times very well, but rather is cueing off what has recently occurred. In this vein, is it possible that all Molly "knows" is your feeding her? Just wondering.
Hmmmmmm......Macrina, the same thoughts have passed through my mind, or something like it. I think this not eating right just might be psychological, with Molly associating me feeding her to keep her alive with being sick. I have noticed a HUGE difference in her behavior ever since I have been crushing her meds and putting them in her food..... And since I put my stethoscope away. She was so scared about dying, and the pills and my stethoscope were just reinforcing the fact that she was ill.

Also, with her heart attack, could there have been some kind of amnesia that occured as a result? I don't know. Why is she remembering how to track the boys to make sure they are behaving, but seems to have forgotten how to eat like a noraml cat? The vets did say this is a not eating related heart disease, but as I said before, I don't understand that one in the least.

If people here don't believe what I am saying, I say you don't know cats very well. They continue to astound me at how darn smart they are! Macrina, sounds like you know!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Garden!!! Ok, today I reply to you as I had way too busy a wkend tending to needs around here.

I am thrilled for this lil lady, Molly, as she continues to astound despite all these bizarre twists & turns. I have enough my hands full w/ my lil gal, let alone the confounding variables Molly throws at you. But I still maintain, that the privilege you have helping her to health is a gift bestowed from Above.

In no way are you alone w/ Molly (even after the hundreds here pulling for her health w/ you) but God is watching -- & giving you what He knows YOU can handle. Others may not handle this well but I know, no matter how much effort required, you will rise to occasion & answer the bell. (Ok, I am cliche filled today, huh?)
Movintime, you gave me goosebumps, on goosebumps. I know I am not alone here, and I know for a fact that angels really work with me. There is no way I could have pulled Molly from death 3 times, or was it more?, all by myself. That and the fact, Molly is quite astounding at the inner strength she displays at times.

I was moved to tears reading your words. Just moved to tears. And no, I don't take the credit for Molly's come back, and I come right and say to God I give the praise and gratitude. It is His spirit that works through me that touched Molly. Not me. God. And thank you for saying it!

(((HUGS))) And God bless YOU!

Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
Yes, I think Macrina is on to something. Think back when you were little and got sick, and your mother took care of you, and how comforting it was. Maybe she just needs to feel pampered right now. I'm glad she's taking more initiative and eating herself, though, so you can see her getting stronger.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Movintime, you gave me goosebumps, on goosebumps. I know I am not alone here, and I know for a fact that angels really work with me. There is no way I could have pulled Molly from death 3 times, or was it more?, all by myself. That and the fact, Molly is quite astounding at the inner strength she displays at times.

I was moved to tears reading your words. Just moved to tears. And no, I don't take the credit for Molly's come back, and I come right and say to God I give the praise and gratitude. It is His spirit that works through me that touched Molly. Not me. God. And thank you for saying it!

(((HUGS))) And God bless YOU!
You're welcome!

(& I STILL can't rep you)

I need to workout right now (or I'll go crazy) thus I'll write you tonite for sure... w/ wine glass in my hand.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
You're welcome!

(& I STILL can't rep you)

I need to workout right now (or I'll go crazy) thus I'll write you tonite for sure... w/ wine glass in my hand.
LOL@movintime! The wine sounds really good to me right about now! LOL

Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 PM

364 posts, read 448,806 times
GOE~~ just stopping by real quick, to give you a virtual {{{HUG}} and a BIG (but gentle) {{{SQUEEZE}}} to Molly!

Still sending out the white healing light to yours & Molly's way!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats