Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 14,351 times

Advertisements

my cat precious is 14 and has breast cancer I've noticed that her back right paw is swollen and she is now limping on it. Could it be from the tumors or another issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Have you addressed this w/ your vet? I'd asap call them to ask them. I have no experience w/ this, other than since you've noticed it, that it now should be shown to the vet immediately. It may or may not be related, yet for the best treament for your kitty, please consult your vet. No one here can diagnose, let alone over the internet, w/out seeing the pet.

Please call the vet when you can.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM

77 posts, read 171,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshenina View Post
my cat precious is 14 and has breast cancer I've noticed that her back right paw is swollen and she is now limping on it. Could it be from the tumors or another issue?
I am sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for you both.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times
I agree with Movintime! Please call you vet and tell him what is going on with your baby.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 PM

Thanks to all for your feedback and kind word I did bring Precious into the vet this evening and found out that it is related to her cancer and that it is affecting the lymph nodes so that produces swelling which is followed by a limp. So Precious was put on Prednisone and antibiotics the rest of her years to make her comfortable. So it was a very happy day for us not to hear what I was dreading!!!! Thanks to tjny I think the prayer helped!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:15 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshenina View Post
Thanks to all for your feedback and kind word I did bring Precious into the vet this evening and found out that it is related to her cancer and that it is affecting the lymph nodes so that produces swelling which is followed by a limp. So Precious was put on Prednisone and antibiotics the rest of her years to make her comfortable. So it was a very happy day for us not to hear what I was dreading!!!! Thanks to tjny I think the prayer helped!
We are all concerned for the kitty's health. No need to thank us but rather, just keep doing what you can for your furbaby. We aren't the ones in need, we can care for ourselves but our pets RELY on us to react fast, to assist their needs w/ health. May God Bless You & your baby.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM

I will definately do whatever I can for my baby! She has been there for me (I know that sounds weird but she has) but, I"m sure you all understand that so I can return her the favor and take the best care that I can give her for the rest of her kitty years. It's amazing how much we love our animals. I'm just glad there's cat lovers out there and love their babies as much as me. So I'm thankful for this site. God bless you all...

Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times
(((HUGS))) Koshenina! Whatever time you have left with Precious, make it count. I am so happy for you that the dreaded news you had feared never came. I am truly sorry your baby is so ill, and I pray too that with the new medicines her remaining time with you will be one of happiness and with no pain.

God bless you and Precious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats