Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,671,899 times

Advertisements

Once again, I turn to my informed friends here. I need your input, your help.

I am writing up a letter to my veterinarian explaining in detail Whispers' history, from the moment he came into my life on 12-12-09, so that she better understands my baby when she neuters him. In that letter I am very firmly stating that I am refusing all vaccinations for him, due to his frail condition. I also suspect he is FIV+ and a FLUTD. Yes, the blood work will rule out if he is FIV+.

Could you post your links with information that includes why a cat should not be vaccinated if they are sickly, and of course, the over vaccination information? I would prefer the article to be written by a DVM, for my vet does listen to this source, and it must be the best article in your opinion.

There is so much information and I don't want to overwhelm my vet. But, I do want to include in my letter factual information regarding the TRUTH about vaccinations.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you ahead of time. When we put our collective heads together here, the results are sometimes passed miraculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,497,510 times
Vaccination | Little Big Cat

snip: "Until recently, vaccinations were considered harmless and beneficial. But today, scientific evidence proves that there are many potential harmful effects."

By Jean Hofve, DVM

Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM

THANK YOU, Lola! Excellent article and what I was looking for in particular was this:

If your pet has a chronic disease or is for any reason not completely healthy, it should NOT be vaccinated. All vaccines carry a label that states “for use in healthy animals only.” Many jurisdictions will accept an exemption letter from your veterinarian attesting to the fact that your pet is at high risk and cannot be vaccinated.

I bookmarked this link. (((HUGS)))

Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,589,859 times
Here's a site that has a BUNCH of articles concerning vaccination, and quotes from several vets on the subject...hope this helps!

Pet vaccination warning. Severe adverse reaction to immunization

Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Here's a site that has a BUNCH of articles concerning vaccination, and quotes from several vets on the subject...hope this helps!

Pet vaccination warning. Severe adverse reaction to immunization
BEAUTIFUL! WOW! Between Lola's article and yours, Luv, I will be armed to the teeth!

I am SO SO grateful! (((HUGS)))

Old 04-07-2011, 03:28 PM

My deepest gratitude to both Lola and Luv. I printed the final draft of the letter to my vet today and I included both of your links, plus one of my own cat nutrition - home. Only one more week to go and I can breathe again! (smile)

Old 04-07-2011, 03:43 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,444,128 times
I like this one, too...
Vaccination for Cats: Helpful or Harmful?

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,801,167 times
My veterinarian only includes the yearly rabies shot as a mandatory vaccination, and only because the state requires it by law. Even then, there is an exception: if the cat is infirm, the vaccine can wait til the next visit. Other than that one exception, the vet isn't allowed to let the animal leave the medical facility without the yearly rabies shot.

She recommends fe-leuk to anyone who has a multi-cat household -or- a cat who slips out often/is allowed out, but she doesn't push it. She's pretty cool like that though.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:18 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,589,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
My deepest gratitude to both Lola and Luv. I printed the final draft of the letter to my vet today and I included both of your links, plus one of my own cat nutrition - home. Only one more week to go and I can breathe again! (smile)
No problem at all, my friend...I'm glad the articles we posted were helpful for you! Soon enough, all this worry will be a distant memory and Whispers will be like all the other boys in the house...I will be doing a major happy dance for you and this adorable baby once it's over !

Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Oh just in time, Katz! I haven't mailed my letter yet, so Yes! I want to include this one as well. All these awesome sites that are not in my bookmarks! Boy, am I EVER glad I asked for help!!! Thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats