Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 05:49 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times

Advertisements

Leanan, I'm catching up on this thread today. Just a few months ago everybody was well and you seemed happy. Then Alfredo got sick and then i see RIP Autumn. How is Alfredo? What happened to Autumn?. I know you became a cat person relatively late in the game but noone has shown more compassion and caring for cats than you. Hope your little family has some peace and happiness and yes, even fun soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:15 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
Just seeing your post about Alfredo, Leanan. He certainly has had more than his share of battles in his life, as you have. I'm so sorry.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
I'm sorry about the vague AUTUMN reference. The song popped up, as they tend to do, in a completely unrelated way, and I knew it was AUTUMN.

I met a women in the grocery store yesterday that had just lost her life long love, AUTUMN. I rarely give out Saber's thread info "in person" or at least I don't admit that I'm connected to this thread when I do, but we had an immediate connection and I knew she would understand ... completely.

When I posted R.I.P. AUTUMN and her song yesterday, I was off in another world.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-10-2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Just seeing your post about Alfredo, Leanan. He certainly has had more than his share of battles in his life, as you have. I'm so sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Leanan, I'm catching up on this thread today. Just a few months ago everybody was well and you seemed happy. Then Alfredo got sick How is Alfredo?
Alfredo would appear "fine" to just about anyone, but he's not. We can't resolve his non-regenerative anemia, or even his low potassium and [now] sodium levels. He becomes very weak when the various supplements begin to wear off (so it seems to me).

I'm sure it will need it's own thread soon enough.

The way Alfredo became my kitty is similar in circumstance to two recent posts ... although there have been other experiences posted in this thread ... about the departing cat, sending another cat to watch over and console their people ... left behind ... ... ...

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-10-2014 at 11:38 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM

15 pages, and 144 posts ago ...

When my beloved Saber left our world, he left behind a GIFT.

I initially thought this GIFT was for me ... alone.

It is not.

It is for suffering animals and the people tasked with protecting them. They are also suffering.

Two days after SABER died....... this playlist was on my ipod, sure, genius function, logical explanation, except, I barely know how to turn my ipod on, much less do something in itunes? I hadn't listened to the song that generated the playlist for over a year, no one else had access to my ipod, and I hadn't plugged it into my computer since Halloween.
~~~~~~ Since I wrote this I have [possibly] spoken a person that "understands how the genius program operates" and though they declined to go further, they stated [given the complete circumstances, I related, concerning my [lack of] computer searches and [minimal] use of my ipod] that they didn't see how this particular playlist would be generated. ~~~~~~

Spontaneous Compilation? Divine Intervention? Something More Mundane?

Does it Matter?

If you're having doubts, If you're filled with guilt, If you need consolation....

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve
2. Heroes : David Bowie
3. Silence : Delerium
4. I'll Stand By You : The Pretenders
5. Big Time Sensuality : Bjork
6. So Far Away : Carol King
7. Crucify : Tori Amos
8. Have A Little Faith In Me : John Hiatt
9. Rainy Days And Mondays : The Carpenters
10. Because The Night : Patti Smith
11. Rock 'n" Roll Suicide : David Bowie
12. You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart : The Eurythmics
13. Check The Meaning : Richard ********
14. Sunrise : Pulp
15. Nature Boy : Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
16. Lucky Man : The Verve
17. A Sorta Fairytale : Tori Amos
18. Between The Bars : Elliot Smith
19. Rebel Rebel : David Bowie 20. All The Young Dudes : Mott The Hoople
21. Human Behaviour : Bjork
22. Night In My Veins : The Pretenders
23. Close To You : The Carpenters
24. I Need A Man : The Eurythmics
25. When Under Ether : P.J. Harvey

Accept This Gift or Don't ...... But Don't Debate "Reality" With a Dead Cat...
You'll Lose

Starting on page 2, the 15th post, Saber's playlist is posted via You Tube videos. Over time, some videos have been deleted from You Tube, so I encourage you to find any "missing" songs by going to You Tube and finding a different video version of that song. Each song is important, each chosen for you.

The first song on Saber's playlist was playing ... when Alfredo found me.

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony Lyrics - YouTube

Old 03-19-2014, 01:19 AM

Shakespears Sister 'Stay' Live TOTP 1992 - YouTube

Old 03-19-2014, 01:47 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,844 times
This thread is unbelievable...

Old 03-21-2014, 11:07 PM

9 posts, read 13,078 times
This has all been sad, but comforting also. After losing so many loved ones, human and animal, I am convinced their love lives on! As we just lost our precious cat Polka Dot on February15, 2014 - we had her euthanized due to the ravages of jaw cancer- it is comforting to reaffirm what I think I have always known - love lives on after death, and one must only be open to that idea to be able to feel the love (again) of someone who has passed away. May God be with you all, and may He send you the love and the signs you need in order to carry on! Coffeemouse

Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
I have been "visited" by a few of my furbabies after they crossed the Rainbow Bridge. One, it was a few days after they departed that I felt him sleeping beside me all night. I knew he was there. Another one came to me in a dream. In my dream, I was with someone (I don't know who that someone was) and we were on bikes. Then my baby came along and I told the person that I HAD to say good-bye to the kitty. There had been others who have come to me in dreams, too.

Cat

Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Mary Margaret O' Hara ''Dear Darling'' - YouTube

RIP ~ Opie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats