Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you allow your cat/cats in the bedroom at night?
Yes 86 96.63%
No 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times

Advertisements

We love our kitty in bed with us but my kitty seems to like her sister's bedrooms better... she will usually only visit us for 1 hr tops at night before wandering back to her sister's bedrooms upstairs. Occasionally my DDs sleep together and it is sooo cute to see the 3 of them snuggling away into the wee morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM

313 posts, read 727,836 times
My cats have always slept with me. When I wake up at night, it is so comforting to reach out and feel that soft fur, hear the purring. They sleep well, and calmly, too.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
How do all your cats do in the early mornings/middle of the night? My kitty likes to wake up around 4am unfortunately. I don't have to get up til 5 but she gets a bit meowy usually around 4!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
DH gets up at 5:15 every morning for work, and feeds them about 5:30. So.. often around 4pm someone shows up to see if anyone woke early. Obviously I have but I refuse to get up (unless it's for the bathroom - which sometimes fakes them into going downstairs and waiting. meanie, I know )

Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
As I'm typing this (I have a bit of insomnia), all five of my kitties are on the bed with me. The four kittens are huddled together, and the seven-year-old grouchy grey tabby is on the other side of the bed in her reserved corner. "Muffy" ventured a little too close to her and earned herself a smack with a paw.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
How do all your cats do in the early mornings/middle of the night? My kitty likes to wake up around 4am unfortunately. I don't have to get up til 5 but she gets a bit meowy usually around 4!
I'm nocturnal myself (going to sleep right around when you wake up, LOL), so our schedules work out nicely together! The rare times when I do go to bed early, they usually know not to bother me - usually.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
at the moment, Henry is not allowed on the bed. and I'm not terribly happy about him being in the bedroom. Can't close the door, so just every time I find him there, he gets deposited on the floor and ushered out. pending today's vet visit. Oh I'm so not pleased with him right now!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Ours have always slept with us, with the exception of when my children were young infants and slept in the bassinet next to the bed.

On the nights I locked them out of my bedroom when the kids were little, they would be destructive and they are the reason we had to get rid of all our lamps and pack away the knick knacks. They didn't bother these things while we were home during the day or gone for weekends... only when they weren't allowed to sleep with me.

When both were alive, one slept on my hip to start out with and the other was on my shoulder. The more aggressive one sometimes kicks at my husband when he snuggles close - which got her thrown from the bed when she was younger. I change positions frequently throughout the night, so after a few turns, they both give up trying to be on top of me and sleep near my feet. When the kids were toddlers, and before we had dogs, I'd generally find one in each of the kid's beds in the morning. We all love it when the animals choose to sleep with us - it's very comforting.

One of our dogs also starts out the night in our bed as well, now that we can trust her and don't latch the door of her kennel at night. She usually leaves at some point and ends up either on the couch or in one of the children's beds.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Allow? Many years ago once tried closing the door. That lasted for about 15 minutes of scratching, now when she is not on the bed instinctively miss her. On hot summer nights she will usually seek out a cooler spot than the bedroom, but the rest of the year she is right there. She has a folded blanket placed at the opposite corner foot of the bed that is her preferred spot, but often goes one better, she uses yours truly as the warm bed on cold nights, climbing on top of me and lying down. Even an 8 pound cat can get tedious when it is stretched out across your stomach or hips, but oh well?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
at the moment, Henry is not allowed on the bed. and I'm not terribly happy about him being in the bedroom. Can't close the door, so just every time I find him there, he gets deposited on the floor and ushered out. pending today's vet visit. Oh I'm so not pleased with him right now!
I tried to find a post explaining why Henry is on "time out" pending todays vet visit ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats