Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

Awwwwwwww ... poor KK. Give him hugs from all of his C-D fans, if you can do that without hurting him!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
I will give him hugs AND kisses! You know they didn't charge us correctly the other day when he had his xrays done. They only charged us for the amount of the consult for the Radiologist. They told me about it today.

I didn't have that! I barely had the cost of the visit and labs for today, and medicine. They actually let me out the door without asking me to buy pet insurance or something like that.... They were very understanding about it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
I'm so glad he's home with you and hope he gets feeling much better soon. If it isn't one thing it's another. Since the billing error was theirs they'll just have to wait their turn!! As expensive as it is anyways, they know you'll definitely be back so that was nice of them not to make a deal about it. They know you'll be back!! Take care of the boys AND yourself. No worrying, OK??

Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM

KKs regular vet called me a little bit ago to check on him. She only works a couple days a week now so she calls from home. She gave me her number the other day and wanted me to call her and she has called me twice since then.

She called the office to see how his visit went yesterday and the vet who saw him had already left so she had staff go over his chart notes. She was checking with me to see which med worked better for him, and in my opinion, the shot she gave him worked a lot better than this pill.

I told her the other vet told me he did not limp at all for her and she told me that can happen a lot. Pets are afraid and pumped with adrenaline and suddenly start feeling better.

He is still limping this morning but it sure makes me feel better that his vet cares so much about him.

SOs office kitty was taking a pain med that you rub on the ear and she mentioned that to me. She said we could try that, but SO has already thrown it out. =/

If KK continues on like this, I will have her rx it to him. We are both hoping he just hurt himself jumping down from the window seat...

Old 02-24-2014, 08:41 AM

369 posts, read 760,165 times
Sounds like you have a great vet! How is he doing now, any improvement?

Old 02-24-2014, 10:24 AM

Kitty Katty still has his limp after a week and a half. I will say that he is getting more active, where he was laying in my bed there for a few days and wasn't as eager to eat. Well, he was eager to eat, just not eager to jump off the bed and walk through the house to the food dish. I did carry him one evening so that he would eat. Once there he had the appetite and ate just fine.

He is not running through the house like he used to and that limp does worry me. I am starting to wonder if it is something in the shoulder. I am not exactly sure that they checked the shoulder. I saw the films of his complete front legs and paws but not of the shoulders.

Thank you very much for asking about him and the vet really has been great. She only works a couple of days a week now due to some personal issues. She gave me her home number and I have only called her once. I guess she has called me around three times checking on KK.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Have you tried to handle or manipulate his front leg/shoulder. If you try that and he gets defensive & nippy, that would tell you it's his shoulder that's hurting him. I posted earlier in this thread about my girl Shebas' hip problem, and when it was bothering her she wouldn't even let me touch her there... not even slightly. If it's some kind of inflammation of the joint I don't know that it would show up on an x-ray, but arthritis or something else wrong with the joint should, I would think. Probably need to take a picture of his shoulder to see what's going on. I just hope it's nothing too serious.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM

You know I tried to shift him yesterday and my hands were near his shoulders and he growled at me. That's why I am wondering if that is the problem.

I would be willing to bet he has arthritis in that shoulder.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You know I tried to shift him yesterday and my hands were near his shoulders and he growled at me. That's why I am wondering if that is the problem.

Yep... that's a pretty good indication where the problem is. I still don't know if my girl has arthritis in her hip or not because she got better on the supplements the vet prescribed and we ended up not doing an x-ray. All I know is she was hurting pretty bad and was much better after 4 or 5 days. Hopefully KK's problem can be treated that easily. Let us know how he's doing.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

Wow....I read that and then re-read it. That surely doesn't sound like Kitty Katty, does it? Do you have anything that you could use to warm his shoulder - maybe a heating pad on a really low setting for a short while, or a bag of dried beans wrapped in a towel that's been heated in the microwave for a bit (the beans will hold the heat for a while) and let him lay on that to see if his shoulder loosens up. I know you have RA, and I have arthritis in my spine after back surgery many years ago - so we both know how bad that can be. Cold weather, age, extra pounds can all exacerbate it. Are you gonna have his shoulder checked out now and see if she can prescribe him something for the long term? Geez....I just hate it that he's still feeling poopy this long after the fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats