Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 06:29 PM

7,586 posts, read 3,254,071 times

Advertisements

Whenever my cat has needed an antibiotic they get an injection (that lasts two weeks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 08:24 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Problem with Congenial, though, is that if the cat has an adverse reaction to it you can't reverse it.
Very true. But I think recommending that the OP take a chance with the Convenia is better than euthanizing the cat because she has an infection that can’t be cured because she won’t take antibiotics

Old 10-09-2023, 05:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Right now, as she's not eating with the med in her food, I'm trying to administer the Umbrellin orally.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:35 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Right now, as she's not eating with the med in her food, I'm trying to administer the Umbrellin orally.
If you can catch her, then you might try wrapping her in a towel or blanket like a burrito. She will still be able to move her head but the rest of her body won’t be able to squirm.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
If you can catch her, then you might try wrapping her in a towel or blanket like a burrito. She will still be able to move her head but the rest of her body won’t be able to squirm.
There's also a commercially available product I use on my cats so I can trim their nails called The Thunder Shirt.

Old 10-11-2023, 10:44 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Methimazole does come in liquid form.

And yes there are pet compounding pharmacies, such as Roadrunner and Wedgewood. I have used both and both are wonderful.

Yes it also comes as a transdermal. It has an applicator and a little dial to get the exact dose.The member up thread who was using that has decided to go with oral treatment instead, the transdermal is more expensive. They thought they might be able to crush the pills in food but that is not a recommended way to dose a cat with this medicine. It should be given intact and whole, whether liquid, pill or transdermal in the ear flap.
I am using the click pen on his ear and ordered the pills from Chewy, which I know will be more difficult to administer and will not crush them..

Old 10-11-2023, 02:27 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
We had meds compounded.

Old 10-11-2023, 03:29 PM

I bought these back in 2018. I still have half the box left. It makes pilling my girl kitty so much more successful. Otherwise it lands on their tongue and they spit it out. I've been using these for about 17 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Buster-Piller...563987421&th=1

Old 10-29-2023, 06:30 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
I've been giving Khloe meds - and it's been a fight to do so - and she did calm down for a time.
But now I've changed her diet to wet food. She's not eating much anymore, has gotten vocal again and walking around aimlessly. Also, she went to the bathroom OUTSIDE of her box (#2), and threw up a couple times.

I'm beginning to think she's in the beginning stages of....dementia?

Old 10-29-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I've been giving Khloe meds - and it's been a fight to do so - and she did calm down for a time.
But now I've changed her diet to wet food. She's not eating much anymore, has gotten vocal again and walking around aimlessly. Also, she went to the bathroom OUTSIDE of her box (#2), and threw up a couple times.

I'm beginning to think she's in the beginning stages of....dementia?

Do you use Feliway calming pheromones?

It is very stressful with a sick kitty. I just keep doing everything I can think of doing from one day to the next with my Bunny (the cat). I bake Bunny organic chicken breast. I do batches and freeze it diced. I thaw it in the fridge and then I shred it further. Between the 2 cats they are eating about about 1/5th of a chicken breast along with wet food, dry food and dental treats.

Bunny does kind of wander when she has her Gabapentin until she conks out for a while. Also, Bunny was wandering and making trips back and forth to her litter box when she came back from the vet and they did a procedure to get urine out of her (that went on for two weeks).

Sometimes I feel really stupid like cat user error parent (when I realized my Multi Cat Feliways in the living room and master bedroom had run dry and That Is Way my Bailee Boy Cat was fighting with Bunny 20x more than usual for the last two weeks. I had gotten new dispensers and they have a light that wasn't there before and I thought it would turn from green to red when it was empty (but NO). OMG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats