Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,990 times

Advertisements

I wonder if this is Mali's first litter. . .did you tell us, Chasey, and I just can't remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,375,213 times
From what I remember of the story, Macrina - Mali wandered in and adopted Chasey, her dad, and their staff, when she was already beginning to show signs of "expecting". The place a few doors down from them (or what not) where she was hanging out before, the owner claimed that she had been fixed already. (teehee) Maybe this is her first litter? And maybe that would explain not all of them surviving? Feel free to correct the gaps or inconsistencies in my story if that's not exactly how it came to be, Chasey. I'm going off of memory here - and memory gets foggier every day.

I can't see the kittylumps so well in the first two pics - but momma-mali looks so protective and... motherly! The third pic with the lil black stripey guy - ahhhhhh he's so cute!!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 04:34 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,323,778 times
Thanks for the pics chasey! Worth the wait-Mali looks great and beautiful fur babies!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:03 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
First litter has nothing to do with the survival ratio....unless of course, she is not caring for them. Pre-natal health does, ie nutrition....and then ....sometimes "stuff" happens. There could be a million reasons why these 2 kittens did not survive. It is not unusual.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:26 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,329,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
From what I remember of the story, Macrina - Mali wandered in and adopted Chasey, her dad, and their staff, when she was already beginning to show signs of "expecting". The place a few doors down from them (or what not) where she was hanging out before, the owner claimed that she had been fixed already. (teehee) Maybe this is her first litter? And maybe that would explain not all of them surviving? Feel free to correct the gaps or inconsistencies in my story if that's not exactly how it came to be, Chasey. I'm going off of memory here - and memory gets foggier every day.

I can't see the kittylumps so well in the first two pics - but momma-mali looks so protective and... motherly! The third pic with the lil black stripey guy - ahhhhhh he's so cute!!!!

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head MK. It's the long story short.

As I said earlier. We don't know if this her first litter.

Mali's doing fine. She's just ready for the kittens to be grown up so she can go back to her duties as boss. She's on maternity leave.

And then after the kittens get old enough.....

Hi ho. Hi ho. It's off to the vet we go!

Because frankly, I can't go through this thing again and neither should she.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics. I'll try and snap some more when she's eating another cat treat...hehehe.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,038,480 times
what great first pictures of the little ones .... and mali too....

so sorry the little orange fella didn't make it..... could be any number of things that went wrong.... bless his little heart.... playing with his sister at the bridge.....

can't wait for more and more pictures as the babies grow......

eta: i know a couple of pages back, there was discussion of torties almost always being girls and orange kitties almost always being boys.... well, saturday, there was a momma kitty and 3 babies on the transport i drove for ..... and she was orange as orange can be.... can't say that i had ever seen an orange girl before, but they ARE out there..... i saw her and thought of this thread......

Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,329,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
what great first pictures of the little ones .... and mali too....

so sorry the little orange fella didn't make it..... could be any number of things that went wrong.... bless his little heart.... playing with his sister at the bridge.....

can't wait for more and more pictures as the babies grow......

eta: i know a couple of pages back, there was discussion of torties almost always being girls and orange kitties almost always being boys.... well, saturday, there was a momma kitty and 3 babies on the transport i drove for ..... and she was orange as orange can be.... can't say that i had ever seen an orange girl before, but they ARE out there..... i saw her and thought of this thread......

Yep, you're right. It can happen. It's pretty unique when it does.

Now for your Monday update.....

The black and white kitty has eyes open! Horray! This one seems to the one that's always ahead of the game. We're always climbing around on momma and anywhere else we can get on me.

When I left the shop for the bank Mali was feeding and working on the other two. They're getting bigger and plumper. I got to cuddle the tortie and ohhhh it was special. She was trying to get under my hair where it was warm.

And I got a new camera just so I can take pics of the babies. As soon as I get everything all set up with the camera and new computer more pics to follow.

And I'll even get one of a pinball insides for you all too.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,990 times
Yaaay! Can't wait.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,323,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
Yep, you're right. It can happen. It's pretty unique when it does.

Now for your Monday update.....

The black and white kitty has eyes open! Horray! This one seems to the one that's always ahead of the game. We're always climbing around on momma and anywhere else we can get on me.

When I left the shop for the bank Mali was feeding and working on the other two. They're getting bigger and plumper. I got to cuddle the tortie and ohhhh it was special. She was trying to get under my hair where it was warm.

And I got a new camera just so I can take pics of the babies. As soon as I get everything all set up with the camera and new computer more pics to follow.

And I'll even get one of a pinball insides for you all too.
Wow ! You go girl. With going to school, working and taking care of Mali & the kittens you rock!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM

36 posts, read 190,617 times
She is gorgeous!!!! I also have a Calico named Spunky. When I used to take her to get her claws trimmed, the groomers thought that was short for Spider-Monkey! It wasn't though not a bad idea.
She's now 17. We got her as a kitten in 1993. Don't know about your kali, although you've been comments of her bossing others around, but our Spunky is VERY vocal!!!

So what's the news on the mommy to be???? Your mom might like to be under a favorite persons desk in her birthing box. Our mommys always liked favorite persons around them, when giving birth. One kitty gave birth to 4 babies in our daughters crib, when she was trying to take her afternoon nap. I only found them when, I went to check on why my daughter, was refusing to nap and kept calling out for me. She had her kittens very quickly - but it was probably her 4th litter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats