Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,302 times

Advertisements

I think it's a shame that we all think that they "made a mistake" by upping the charges to a felony. And shame on that jury. We all sit back and claim that we want animal cruelty to be taken more seriously. However, when we have a case like this and a prosecutor who is actually willing to take a shot and charge someone with the felony that their crime deserves, then we slam them for charging with to serious a crime! The flaw is with the laws and that we are not making changes - what we are not standing up for what we SAY we believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
I was just thinking about this yesterday & today i get a rep. I just dont see why the ***** didnt notify the landlord or anyone instead of leaving her 2 cats to starve to death. I can honestly say i truely DESPISE this woman (ALISON DINSMORE) & wish her the worse in her pathetic life. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. She has nobody to blame but herself.

Cat Killer Allison Dinsmore Arrestd 4 Prostitution.
http://mlvb.net/allison-dinsmore-cat....blogspot.com/

Last edited by steel7; 12-24-2011 at 11:01 PM..

Old 12-24-2011, 11:43 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
I know this is going to sound outrageous to some here, but I am going to say it anyway. Instead of sending these people our angry thoughts to add fuel to the fire, why don't we send them thoughts based on love and forgiveness? It is very evident that not only this young woman but this jury as well does not understand the preciousness of life itself. Please try not to judge, for by judging you will bring that very thing to you. We have so much pain in this world. Let's try to change that status right here with this post, and send these people love and forgiveness. And pray that their eyes will be open to the truth in order for them to see the majestic beingness of all living things, including animals.
I'm sorry, I don't believe in forgiveness as a mandate. I actually think the culture of forgiveness is harmful. It IS okay to judge those who do great harm. It IS okay not to forgive those that harm you. It's even okay to hate.

Emotions by them do not cause harm. Yes, it can be harmful to a person to hate someone and to dwell on past harm to the point they are not capable of moving forward. But you can hate and not dwell.

I do judge animal abusers and rapists. I think sayings like 'the action is bad, not the person' is in a way treating them those who do wrong like infants because it's taking away their responsibility for their own actions. The action is wrong, and they choose to perform that action...which, yes, does make them wrong.

I don't think this woman will be served by forgiveness at all. Isn't that what the jury did, after all? They forgave. I think she would be served better by being judged and being forced to take full responsibility- which may mean that some people will hate her and never forgive her. That's what happens when you do something terrible.

We have a rapist in our extended family. Some of our family have chosen to forgive him. Some just associate him as the polite thing to do. I will not speak with him or shake his hand. I judge him and I condemn him. He made a choice and he IS a bad person for making that choice. Yet I do not feel poisoned, nor does my hate for him eat at me. It is a rational response to a horrible act.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:49 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I was just thinking about this yesterday & today i get a rep. I just dont see why the ***** didnt notify the landlord or anyone instead of leaving her 2 cats to starve to death. I can honestly say i truely DESPISE this woman (ALISON DINSMORE) & wish her the worse in her pathetic life. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. She has nobody to blame but herself.

Cat Killer Allison Dinsmore Arrestd 4 Prostitution.
http://mlvb.net/allison-dinsmore-cat....blogspot.com/
Get a load of this-
Allison Dinsmore: Teaching Social Skills to Special Education Students

She sets such a great example.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:10 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
What she did was felinicide, pure and simple. I cannot find forgiveness for anyone who would allow her cats to starve to death. It is simply inexcusable.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:36 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
There is something major wrong with someone like this. Did she lose her job because of the treatment to her cats? That is interesting.

I can't even wrap my head around this.

I think I will go give Jasper a can of food now. He might not get one every day, but at least I don't just blow him off.

Really, how difficult is it to leave out a huge bowl of food and water, once a week...at least. Or if you don't want to care for the cats take them to the shelter.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:54 AM

238 posts, read 1,505,061 times
Kind of reminds me of the poster on the cat forums who put a bucket over a snake in her basement and was waiting for it to die. No one posted that it was wrong for her to do that but god forbid someone starves an " EX PET CAT" like it is so much different. How is it different?? People make me sick!

Old 12-25-2011, 10:48 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Well, it looks as if her karmic debt may very well have come back at her for further bad deeds.

http://atlanta.indymedia.org/other-m...lison-dinsmore
She wont get any time. Hookers are a dime a dozen and they arrest them in large numbers. They don't have the prison space to hold them all. They're in and out in a few days.

I would like to know how the jury found her "not guilty" when she, a cold-blooded sociopath, clearly walked off and let those poor cats die a painful lingering death.

And what of the neighbors? None of them knew the cats were trapped inside the apartment? No one called the police or some Animal Agency? It makes me wonder what kind of people lived in that building.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There is something major wrong with someone like this. Did she lose her job because of the treatment to her cats? That is interesting.

I can't even wrap my head around this.

I think I will go give Jasper a can of food now. He might not get one every day, but at least I don't just blow him off.

Really, how difficult is it to leave out a huge bowl of food and water, once a week...at least. Or if you don't want to care for the cats take them to the shelter.
I would like to know what her excuse was to let those poor cats starve to death. They all seem to have an excuse for their cruel behavior. What possible BS story could she have had for the jury to find her not guilty?

Old 12-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Kind of reminds me of the poster on the cat forums who put a bucket over a snake in her basement and was waiting for it to die. No one posted that it was wrong for her to do that but god forbid someone starves an " EX PET CAT" like it is so much different. How is it different?? People make me sick!
I didn't see that on any of the forums or would have spoken up. No living creature should be left to die of starvation and dehydration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats