Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some previous posters have stated that Paula's food is not causing diabetes since it is other types of food that causes it, but obesity is proven to cause diabetics and Paula clearly has that.
But dont ask Paula if its her cooking, because she has not fessed up to it. I like how all of a sudden she is preaching about moderation, like its been her mantra all these years. Sorry I dont buy it, but you know what, there will be plenty of fools who believe her, and will buy her drugs and she will laugh her a$$ to the bank.

She missed the boat in what could have been a potential opportunity to candidly assess her situation and educate people about it. She deserves all the negative press.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 PM

75 posts, read 195,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Because fat people just exacerbate most of these serious conditions that they have. Most thin people live longer and are healthier. Fat people die early and there is one big thing that they can do that would drastically effect their health profile and for some stupid reason, they don't do it. Just Say No.

People overeat for various reasons, but most are like addicts. It starts in the head, and the head rarely understands 'just a little' because it usually just reverts back to the old gorging patterns. Most people have to dry out and just stop the crap.
Wow! That's a novel idea. Just say no. And the "Just Say No" mantra really works. It's been proven with the war on illegal drugs, right? NOT!

Just think. It didn't work on people taking illegal drugs who didn't need to take the drugs to live. But you think it will work on people who may or may not be "addicted" to food when they HAVE to eat food to live??????

Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,436 times
From someone who is married to someone for over 28 years (Type I...and yes I know there is a difference) I do not see why people are making a big fuss over her having diabetes.....

She is hosting a cooking show that showcases southern food, you choose to watch the show or you dont it is not like she is force feeding you the food. People make their own decisions about what they put into their mouths some will make good choices and some will make bad but it is their life to live.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrep View Post
Wow! That's a novel idea. Just say no. And the "Just Say No" mantra really works. It's been proven with the war on illegal drugs, right? NOT!

Just think. It didn't work on people taking illegal drugs who didn't need to take the drugs to live. But you think it will work on people who may or may not be "addicted" to food when they HAVE to eat food to live??????
They have to eat food to live, but they don't have to eat garbage like she cooks.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
Her diabetes could be genetic, but eating that kind of food just adds fuel to the fire.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
From someone who is married to someone for over 28 years (Type I...and yes I know there is a difference) I do not see why people are making a big fuss over her having diabetes.....

Wow I must have been sleeping when I wrote this. This should say my husband has been diabetic for 28 years.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrep View Post

just an interlude, the "just say no" campaign was geared towards little kids, like 7-8 years old, not teenagers or adults.

calm down, nobody needs to stuff massive quantities of food down their throats to live.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

I do think its time she reinvents her knowledge and style of cooking. She could use her celebrity status. Her cooking shows. Her restaurant. To educate people and push people to eat properly, and style her cooking for that purpose. She could become an advocate for Diabetics worldwide, by instructing how to prepare and cook the proper meals to control glucose.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
She could use her celebrity status. Her cooking shows. Her restaurant. To educate people and push people to eat properly, and style her cooking for that purpose. She could become an advocate for Diabetics worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post

of course, she could've done that starting THREE YEARS AGO when she first knew she had it, maybe she hadn't sold enough books, pots and pans and t.v. syndication???

and now she's getting paid to endorse a pill from the pharmaceutical industry, "go ahead, keep eating my crappy food, you don't need discipline, just take this pill I'm endorsing"

people really are slaves to celebrity.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Thin Man's Diabetes : Diabetes : Men's Health Spotlight : Men's Health.com

Fed up being told of the dangers of being fat? We all know it by now – if you’re overweight, you could be seriously harming your health. Well here’s some refreshing news – a new study from the Nutrition Journal has revealed that it’s not just obese people that are putting themselves at risk of Diabetes… but also the underweight

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities