Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,402,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfilms View Post
And that applies to just about every other notable "achievement" of Atlanta, INCLUDING the fake perception that Whitney Houston was an Atlanta resident.
Former Atlantan Whitney Houston reported dead at age 48 | Radio & TV Talk

Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
I have just got up this morning to this sad news. I first became aware of Whitney Houston
many years ago when I was on holiday in Spain. I kept hearing a record played everywhere
we went. It was 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'. In a bar the video of her singing the
song was playing. This was probably the first time I saw her. She just made you smile watching her singing that song. This has truly shocked me. RIP you beautiful, beautiful girl.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Hopefully the media will pay attention to the way she lived her life and not sugar coat it, just to let every one know what a great singer/performer she was...and she really was, BUT also show how she lived her life and how many times she was hitting rock bottom (arrested for drugs).

BUT maybe others can learn something from Whitney which is that drugs and her lifestyle is not a healthy way of life.

Even though we have no clue yet what the course of dead was...we all know that even if it was a heart attack, all the drugs, alcohol, etc...wasn't good for her body and it was waiting for the time bomb to go off.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:08 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Default Possible Drowning

TMZ posted that Whitney may have drowned in the bathtub. No illegal drugs were found, but there were prescription drugs found.

Whitney Houston -- Prescription Drugs Found ... Possible Drowning [Exclusive Photo Update] | TMZ.com

Quote:
No illegal drugs have been found in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died -- at least not yet -- but prescription drugs were present, and it's possible the singer drowned in the bathtub ... TMZ has learned.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
I'm sad Whitney is dead but also upset...again someone with such talent who has pissed away her life-because of what? Drugs and alcohol...it sickens me. I'lll probably never see or hear anyone in my lifetime with such an amazing voice and it seems her downfall started why? Because of another person....ugh it really just is sick-

RIP..it's too bad Whitney you never knew how gifted you were.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Default Cher just posted this about Whitney on twitter.com

cher Cher

My feelings about Whitney!Life is hard 4 everyone,Sadness Disappointment, Loss,Fear,insecurity,Loneliness, IMAGINE DOING IT IN A SPOTLIGHT

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

cher Cher

Life is impermanent! Over in a breath ! 2morrow let do Something 2gether 4 Ourselves & 2 honor Whitney ..... LETS NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF

5 minutes ago FavoriteUndo RetweetReply

Last edited by quality guy; 02-12-2012 at 05:13 AM..

Old 02-12-2012, 05:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Default Whitney and a couple others gone.

She was doing well until she got mixed up with the scumbag, Bobby Brown. Damned shame, she was very talented. RIP.

WHITNEY HOUSTON, SUPERSTAR OF RECORDS, FILMS, DIES
http://deathbeeper.com/9009061.html

And:

ACTOR IAN ABERCROMBIE
http://deathbeeper.com/f/ian+abercrombie

ACTOR BEN GAZZARA
http://deathbeeper.com/f/ben+gazzara

Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I am speechless too.
I grew up in the 80's with Whitney and Michael. Can't believe they are both gone.
Me too.
I've had her songs in my head since last night. It's so sad she passed like that, suddenly, in a hotel room... she deserved better.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
She was doing well until she got mixed up with the scumbag, Bobby Brown. Damned shame, she was very talented. RIP.

WHITNEY HOUSTON, SUPERSTAR OF RECORDS, FILMS, DIES
http://deathbeeper.com/9009061.html

And:

ACTOR IAN ABERCROMBIE
http://deathbeeper.com/f/ian+abercrombie

ACTOR BEN GAZZARA
http://deathbeeper.com/f/ben+gazzara
Whitney was an extreme talent that is a great loss.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
The whole "Bobby Brown was her downfall" is debatable. There have been reports from a long time ago that said she was well into drugs (cocaine) way before she ever met Brown--she was a model first, then a pop star even before he came along. I think she had some wholesome image that was very well protected before she met him. Of her own doing, after her marriage, she decided to show the world her "naughty girl" side. Whether she did that for publicity or what is anyone's guess. But the thought is, the drugs were a problem, or just starting to be a problem, before she got together with him.

I'm sure it accelerated at that point or she couldn't control it. He, on the other hand, while seedy, seems to be able to control whatever his problems may be drug-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities