Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

Okay....I'm not trying to come of pullin' the race card.....But what is it with this Salanada woman and her always being paired with white men in movies?? It seems that at least 90 percent of her films
have her with white guys...........

I think Hollywood is a little more excepting of this kind of pairing.....Especially with the A List black hotties....

Sanaa Latham

Kerry Washington

Last King Of Scotland

Halle Berry

Have we every had A-List white actresses like Salma Hayak, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Charliz Theron or Nicole Kidman get taken down hard like these sistas by the likes of Denzel, Blair Underwood, Edris Elba, Larry Fishburne or Morris Chestnut??

Nope.

Now I know there have been some black man white woman scene out there. But with those really high end babes?? Naaaah

b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Hmm, just about every Spike Lee movie features a white woman with a black man. A short list of A-list white/Latina actresses in interracial scenes would include:

Raquel Welch
Annabella Sciorra
Stella Stevens
Eva Mendes
Diane Lane

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
A lesser depicted relationship combination is finally making it's way to the big screen. Bl Male/Wh Female pairings are somewhat common in real life. Bl Female/ Wh Males are less so, but you are starting to see more and more.

Blair Underwood dated a white women on SATC, Adventures of New Christine and Dirty Sexy Money (3 shows I watched until they got stupid)
Morris Chestnut was seen with a white date in Higher Learning
Denzel was paired up with Eva Mendes, an Indian actress in Mississippi Masala and a white actress in Malcom X.
Will Smith was also paired up with Eva Mendes in Hitch

Charlize was a mate to Will Smith in Hancock although there were no love scenes.
Since Selma married a billionaire and had a child with him I don't think she has hooked up with anybody on screen regardless of skin color. I doubt she ever will as long as they are together.
Age, marital status and acting achievements seem to play a big role in what A-list or popular actresses will or won't do on screen. Once they win a few awards, collect a few big paychecks, hit their late 30's early 40's, get married and have a child or two, they tend to back away away from graphic on screen intimacy with anyone. Not always, but it's something I've noticed.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Hmm, just about every Spike Lee movie features a white woman with a black man. A short list of A-list white/Latina actresses in interracial scenes would include:

Raquel Welch
Annabella Sciorra
Stella Stevens
Eva Mendes
Diane Lane
I said there have been black man / white woman scenes. Di you not read my post?

My point is that those women are not A-List sweethearts in Hollywood. Raquel's thing was nothing like Monsters Ball, not back then......Annabella was stroked by Wesley. But see is D List at best.....

Cherliz Theron?? Jolie??? Would Jolie ever do a smack down like that with Edris Elba?? Hecky Naaaaw!!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
A lesser depicted relationship combination is finally making it's way to the big screen. Bl Male/Wh Female pairings are somewhat common in real life. Bl Female/ Wh Males are less so, but you are starting to see more and more.

Blair Underwood dated a white women on SATC, Adventures of New Christine and Dirty Sexy Money (3 shows I watched until they got stupid)
Morris Chestnut was seen with a white date in Higher Learning
Denzel was paired up with Eva Mendes, an Indian actress in Mississippi Masala and a white actress in Malcom X.
Will Smith was also paired up with Eva Mendes in Hitch

Charlize was a mate to Will Smith in Hancock although there were no love scenes.
Since Selma married a billionaire and had a child with him I don't think she has hooked up with anybody on screen regardless of skin color. I doubt she ever will as long as they are together.
Age, marital status and acting achievements seem to play a big role in what A-list or popular actresses will or won't do on screen. Once they win a few awards, collect a few big paychecks, hit their late 30's early 40's, get married and have a child or two, they tend to back away away from graphic on screen intimacy with anyone. Not always, but it's something I've noticed.
Guardian | Too hot to handle

Check this article.....

No love scenes with hardly any of those you mentioned. Will Smith has mentioned this before about his own career. They put him with Hispanic Mendez because they did not want to turn off white audiences with black man on white woman.

http://hosted.law.wisc.edu/lawreview...2007-2/o-w.pdf

[quote]
Quote:
WISCONSIN LAW REVIEW

Will Smith caused a stir among the American public. Controversy arose over the
movie because of the role that race purportedly played in the selection of
the movie’s final cast.
Even Smith himself commented on the
filmmakers’ casting decisions, noting how they avoided casting a black
woman as the movie’s female lead because they feared the film would be
labeled a “black movie,” which could make it less profitable, and
avoided casting a white woman as the movie’s female lead because they
feared that such a coupling would offend audiences in the United States.

Smith proclaimed that “[t]here’s sort of an accepted myth that if you
have two black actors, a male and a female, in the lead of a romantic
comedy, that people around the world don’t want to see it. . . . We spend
$50-something million making this movie . . . . So the idea of a black.......

Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I said there have been black man / white woman scenes. Di you not read my post?

My point is that those women are not A-List sweethearts in Hollywood. Raquel's thing was nothing like Monsters Ball, not back then......Annabella was stroked by Wesley. But see is D List at best.....

Cherliz Theron?? Jolie??? Would Jolie ever do a smack down like that with Edris Elba?? Hecky Naaaaw!!
I read your angry little post. You seem bitter. Oh well, some people always need something to be ruffled about.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I read your angry little post. You seem bitter. Oh well, some people always need something to be ruffled about.
oooooooooh........

Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
A battle of the minds going on here

Old 09-06-2012, 04:14 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
I think it's just like the article in which Will Smith spoke. It alienates audiences for whatever reason. You have to consider the majority of people in the United States are still white. Blacks used to be second with about ten percent. Now hispanics have taken the second spot. So when big studios are producing big movies, they will put a Black lead with a white as to not alienate a good portion of the population which wouldn't see it if they didn't. I have to admit, personally I could care less, but intellectually I understand the reasons behind. Take Tyler Perry for isntance. None of his movies ever appealed to me probably because I am not black and can't relate. To some degree, he alienates white audiences by hardly ever putting white actors in his movies. There's a double standard going on. Considering the coutries demographics, there are alot of tv shows/ movies, etc with black people in it compared to Latino's. If anybody should complain, they legitimately have a right to do so. Once again though, you have to consider that the United States is still predominately white. Yes, things are changing, but like anything, they must evolve in their own time.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:17 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Saldana also has inter-extraterrestrial affairs.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities