Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 06:17 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Karen Valentine. I .loved her on the old Room 222 reruns. It seems she should still be working in TV with her talent.
Sandy Duncan. I always liked her and she should still be working. Maybe some folks just get tired of the industry? Others seem to do anything just to stay on the small screen.
Dana carvey. He still does a great Bush 41 even if the jokes are a little tired.
Rick Moranis. Theres no reason he shouldn't be able to have his pick of any number of roles. He got tired of the business.
Jason Alexander. He needs a show again.
His wife died way before her time, and he decided to concentrate on being a dad (this drew some attention recently because Ryan Reynolds hired him and made him part of the focus of a Mint Mobile commercial).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 07:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
I don't doubt some simply made enough $$$ to live on and moved on to what really interested them in life, I don't believe everyone wants to be in the spotlight.

Old 12-23-2020, 03:13 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,217,887 times
Lisa Eilbacher was a talented actress who seemed to drop out of sight after the mid-1990's. She presumably decided to leave Hollywood behind her, or maybe the roles just weren't forthcoming.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:54 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Well, A, B, and C.

A: Tracy Lind
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0511270/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I figured she had her fun in the ten years of her 20s when it was easy and then went on to do different things. One must realize that being a woman, especially in the world of pretty faces, is to be in constant competition with the new entrances, this year's girl.

B: James Olson
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0647921/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He just rather vanished right around 1990. The man, however, had been acting for decades and at some point, acting or another job, we have to decide when we want to have our own world.

C: Debra Jo Fondren

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0284516/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
How much of an actress she was (and just what they want you for infront of the camera for) is debatable but I like this entry from wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Jo_Fondren
"In 2007, she returned home to the Lumberton/Silsbee, Texas, area, having stated she had enough of the California lifestyle and now operates a beauty school in her home area."

The actual article is here: http://www.debrajofondren.com/VIP25-27.pdf
but it does point out a very important consideration......cost of living here or there.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:51 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyRox View Post
Does anyone know why Cameron Diaz quit acting?

According to this, she wanted her life back.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...n-diaz-retired

Here's another theory
https://eng.amomama.com/186312-camer...page_number=20

Old 01-11-2021, 02:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Does anyone remember Jake Lloyd from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace? He was the guy who played Anakin Skywalker in the movie. He quit acting shortly after the movie’s release, due to all the negative reception he’d received for the character’s portrayal.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Does anyone remember Jake Lloyd from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace? He was the guy who played Anakin Skywalker in the movie. He quit acting shortly after the movie’s release, due to all the negative reception he’d received for the character’s portrayal.
I always felt bad for him. He was just a kid and did what others on set told him to do, like the director and such. No fault of his own. Over the top nerd Star War fans of course had to take it too far. As I recall, some of the actors on set were kind of upset with George Lucas not coming to the defense of him. I read that somewhere, not sure how accurate it is. Sadly, he deals with a lot of mental issues these days, like schizophrenia and such. I think he was just recently released from a facility. Not that it has anything to do with his role in Star Wars, but just very sad in general.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:48 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I always felt bad for him. He was just a kid and did what others on set told him to do, like the director and such. No fault of his own. Over the top nerd Star War fans of course had to take it too far. As I recall, some of the actors on set were kind of upset with George Lucas not coming to the defense of him. I read that somewhere, not sure how accurate it is. Sadly, he deals with a lot of mental issues these days, like schizophrenia and such. I think he was just recently released from a facility. Not that it has anything to do with his role in Star Wars, but just very sad in general.
I read an interview he had quite awhile back while he was attending college. He was understandably bitter about that Star Wars debacle.
That role, and hence the kid playing him was too young to be believable. The blame for that failure was Lucas.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
He didn’t deserve to take the fall as most characters were poorly written in the prequel trilogy. Ahmed Best, the guy who played Jar Jar also caught a lot of flack. Ultimately, Lucas was the one who wrote those scripts and no amount of acting could save some of those characters, especially with how poor the dialogue was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
I read an interview he had quite awhile back while he was attending college. He was understandably bitter about that Star Wars debacle.
That role, and hence the kid playing him was too young to be believable. The blame for that failure was Lucas.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:18 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

New York Daily News. Jan 30, 2020.
"Star Wars’ actor Jake Lloyd who starred as young Anakin Skywalker struggling with schizophrenia: family"
It said paranoid schizophrenia in the article. Really sad story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities