Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Christopher Atkins Blue Lagoon????
Oh, my gosh!

I've been watching the entire run of the original Dallas and he had a run on that show post Blue Lagoon (the '83/'84 season).

He was horrible. They almost always had him dressed in either Speedos or short shorts and he spoke with a little kid voice. He was a terrible actor!

Whenever I see someone on an old show like that that I haven't seen around for awhile, and I'm curious, I pull them up on IMDB.

It appears that he has done some acting over the years, actually fairly regularly (nothing that I've seen him in, though) and that he owns an outdoor sports company and that he developed his own fishing lure.

I never saw Blue Lagoon myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM

122 posts, read 155,909 times
That guy from Scrubs?? wonderin' where he's been.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Many actors past and present have limited talents - they are best at playing a certain role or in a certain genre (westerns, sci-fi, etc.) but when they try to play against type or in another genre, they come up short. As for those actors who became famous in westerns, death has caught up to most of them, since the western genre dried up in the mid-1970s.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Thank you! They seem to be doing well. Amanda is having a very interesting career. I think that being an interior designer must be fascinating. She looks great, too.

It's good to know that they are both (Amanda and Larry) being smart and not just relying on getting jobs as actors. That is a very tough business. They are taking control of their careers and their lives, and not letting others do it all for them. That is a business full of rejection.

Being able to move on to another career when your acting career dries up is a must. In the past, too many actors failed to adjust, with tragic results (especially those who were child actors).

Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I saw him in something a few years ago and he had gained alot of weight and I mean really overweight. Not near the hottie he was in wiseguy or the movie he was in a few years ago with Harley Jane Kozak or the movie called purple heart with cheryl ladd .

Ken Wahl apparently suffered several injuries and slipped into alcoholism.

Ken Wahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Ken Wahl apparently suffered several injuries and slipped into alcoholism.

Ken Wahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Like Rip Torn, one of the most talented actors to come down the pipe in years. Such a wasted life after
being on top.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Two actresses -- with similar names...

-- Mira Sorvino
-- Mia sara

With actors like this who were so hot at one time....I wonder did they pick the wrong roles, did they only really only to do work they cared about....was their "IT" time so short because others just came along.

I know they don't have the same LOOK as a Cameron Diaz or Julia Roberts...but why were they so pushed down our throats and Mira and Mia...just sort of disappeared (although they've always worked, they haven' done as much high-profile work.

Same with Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh...they were both so hot after "Single White Female"
I think I remember reading that one of them might have had a stalker or something, and one just didn't want the papparazzi type attention they were getting so they purposely pulled back from the "FAME" machine.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It looks like he's been staying busy:

Richard Dreyfuss - IMDb
Actually he does look pretty busy - that's quite a schedule. Somehow I've managed to miss him.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Wesley Snipes fell off because he completely insulted and disrespected his main audiene [black women]. You don't criticize your fans.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Wesley Snipes fell off because he completely insulted and disrespected his main audiene [black women]. You don't criticize your fans.

not sure black women were his main fan base. I think he has a very diverse fan base.
He fell off because he completely F'd up by insulting the intelligence of the IRS and is in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities