Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Wesley Snipes fell off because he completely insulted and disrespected his main audiene [black women]. You don't criticize your fans.
When and how did he do this? I always miss the black people memos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
When and how did he do this? I always miss the black people memos
I just remember him insulting the people of Ocala....I missed this too.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
This makes me think of a RELATED issue...actors/actresses who get ALL the good parts so no one else GET a gig....

<snipped>

The parts you get OFFERED...the parts you can get..... your reputation in the business....it's all very interesting......
The "casting couch" is also a factor.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:26 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It looks like he's been staying busy:

Richard Dreyfuss - IMDb
Here is more of the Dreyfuss Saga:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-1521707.html

Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,217,887 times
Anybody remember Kathleen Quinlan? Seemed to be a reasonably talented actress but haven't seen or heard much of her lately.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Karen Valentine. I loved her on the old Room 222 reruns. It seems she should still be working in TV with her talent.
Sandy Duncan. I always liked her and she should still be working. Maybe some folks just get tired of the industry? Others seem to do anything just to stay on the small screen.
Dana carvey. He still does a great Bush 41 even if the jokes are a little tired.
Rick Moranis. Theres no reason he shouldn't be able to have his pick of any number of roles. He got tired of the business.
Jason Alexander. He needs a show again.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Anybody remember Kathleen Quinlan? Seemed to be a reasonably talented actress but haven't seen or heard much of her lately.

I think she was/is so talented. The last major movie I saw her in was "Apollo 13" with Tom Hanks.
I'll have to google her and see what she's up to now.
Glad you mentioned her. She was always a favorite of mine.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:51 AM

26 posts, read 32,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Richard Long went right from the Big Valley into two and a half years of "Nanny and the Professor," which I loved as a kid.

I think Jack Lord made so much money (or at least enough for him) that he didn't need to work, so why do it. Plus ha eas soooo typed cast as Steve McGarret. Let's face it I don't think he was ever in to for the 'craft of acting."

Look at Dennis Franz. He'd been a poor working actor for so long, when he lucked out with "NYPD Blue" he rode that horse all the way to the bank...married his long-tim girlfriend, left acting and you haven't heard from him since. Living hapuly ever after on a ranch somewhere

As for Bridget Fonda...yeah, she did drop off the map didn't she. She could be a Meryl Streep type. and gt all kinds of roles. But she vanished.

But like actors of old, some get married, stop acting to raise families, or do whatever.

A "C" level actor I just love to look at is Adrian Paul of the TV show "Highlander." Not hte best actor but I'd watch him read the phone book!

Jack Lord was offered TV shows but turned them down because he feared these shows would be flops, and he didn't want to travel from Hawaii to Hollywood all the time. He acted in hundreds of TV shows before Hawaii Five-O, including live TV, anthologies, Westerns, and other crime shows. He also acted on and off-Broadway and trained under Sandford Meisner, who trained a lot of big stars of that era. He wouldn't work with anyone if they were not serious about their craft.

Bridget Fonda was burned out. She made a lot of movies in a short time.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:18 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
I always think of one of my favorite actors, Shia LaBeouf. He could have done so much more if it wasn't for his demons and own choices. He did the impossible by going from a Disney Channel sitcom, where he would likely have been forgotten about forever after it wrapped, to becoming a Hollywood A-lister and total blockbuster hit guarantee (for studios, regardless of what critics thought). He was labeled as the next Tom Hanks. Now he is a far cry from that. Such a shame, he's ruined his image so badly and the recent abuse lawsuit that came up just yesterday from his ex-girlfriend doesn't help anything. Just boggles my mind. I couldn't sleep at night if I was him. Pissing away an opportunity like that. He likely would have been nominated for an Oscar for his role in his movie Honey Boy, however I think he only shot himself in the foot with that with prior actions.

There is talk that he may be included in one of the next big Marvel X-Men movies, which may help his career like it did Robert Downey Jr.

But yeah. It's no mystery what took a turn, but it's just unbelievable things like this happen. You're on top of the world....DON'T RUIN IT.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:10 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrinda81 View Post
Jack Lord was offered TV shows but turned them down because he feared these shows would be flops, and he didn't want to travel from Hawaii to Hollywood all the time. He acted in hundreds of TV shows before Hawaii Five-O, including live TV, anthologies, Westerns, and other crime shows. He also acted on and off-Broadway and trained under Sandford Meisner, who trained a lot of big stars of that era. He wouldn't work with anyone if they were not serious about their craft.

Bridget Fonda was burned out. She made a lot of movies in a short time.
She may have decided to focus on marriage and family. She married Danny Elfman (the lead singer and driving force behind the band Oingo Boingo, who continued his success by going on to be one of Hollywood’s most successful film composers), and they had a son. She was also injured in a car crash, and that may have changed how she looked at acting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities